Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Why are some UK importers so useless (i-ride)?
  • flanagaj
    Free Member

Called i-ride the UK campag importer on three occasions in an attempt to find out whether it was

a) possible to get a campag shifter service kit (CE-CE110)
    b) which shop would be best placed to get one for me

And each time, I got “I will take your details and get one of the sales team to call you”

And guess what. They never called me back

Makes me wonder how such an incompetent outfit manages to stay in business.

tonyg2003

Because they have an exclusive distribution business and to be frank probably focus on the bigger turnover part of their business not you request.

Jamie
    Free Member

Makes me wonder how such an incompetent outfit manages to stay in business.

A lot of these companies are not really set up to deal with Joe Public.

Why not head over to https://www.i-ride.co.uk/stockists/#/all/brand/Campagnolo/ and call your local shop that’s listed, and ask them?

flanagaj
    Free Member

I have tried calling a number of shops that deal campag and on two occasions been told. No, you can’t get spares for shifters. Yet the campag spares manual states you can.

rusty90
    Free Member

Try J D Whisker in Welwyn. 01438 798772 (I think)
    They’ve been selling Campag spares since Moses was a boy.

canny1
    Free Member

Campag UK Service Centre
    http://www.velotech-cycling.ltd.uk/index.shtml

Or Mercian Cycles always good for old spares Campag parts in the past

toppers3933
    Free Member

Rj chicken and sons also import/distribute campagnolo in the uk. In fact I believe they are the main one. I’ve always found them much more helpful and forthcoming with campagnolo spares.

hatter

Campag don’t have a single importer so nobody really has responsibility for holding spares, hence it’s a bit of a pickle. Spares are deeply unprofitable to deal with so why hold them if you can leave it to one of the other guys?

Doesn’t excuse not getting back to you though, even if was just to say ‘sorry, no can do.’

Good call on J D Whisker or Velotech though, they’re probably the places I’d ask first.

flanagaj
    Free Member

Haha. That guys even worse for not returning my calls. Got hold of him yesterday and he says “I’ll call you back in 10 mins” once again, never heard back.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Why are some UK importers so useless (i-ride)?’ is closed to new replies.