Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Why are some riders anally retentive?
  • foxyrider
    Free Member

Imagine if you will:

Organised off road event – Sunday. 5 hours ride time. Group of 3 of us within 1Km of home. Missed the main turning for the event ground (even with a GPS!) but as we were locals we went straight on. Probably shaved off about say 0.5 KM but no extra climbing.

After nearly 60Km and 5000 feet of climbing one of the entrants which has finished say 10-15 mins ago was riding back towards us – clad in tight lycra with lettering all over:

“you can’t go this way” – he said adamantly, “You have to go the other way”. Now this was not to guide us but he was very obviously pissed off that we had not done the “full” route.

Why oh why do some people take a CTC orgainsed ride like this (not even close to a race) WAY WAY to seriously?

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Frustrated road cyclists?

foxyrider
    Free Member

No comment 🙂

reggiegasket
    Free Member

potty training?

clubber
    Free Member

Why are some people anally retentive? It’d be more surprising surely if some riders weren’t so.

foxyrider
    Free Member

In a manner of speaking clubber 😉 Although no need for chamois cream 😉

GiantJaunt
    Free Member

Poor saddle choice.

foxyrider
    Free Member

BTW the flapjacks (3 different types) and Choc covered Brownies were worth the £10 entry fee alone 🙂

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

“you can’t go this way” – he said adamantly, “You have to go the other way”. Now this was not to guide us but he was very obviously pissed off that we had not done the “full” route.

I LOVE these people, such sport – “I say old bean, I AM going this way, ergo it IS possible”.

Trimix
    Free Member

These people are put on earth to wind up. Wind them up as much as you can for your own amusment and see if they pop. I love people like that, great fun.

foxyrider
    Free Member

LOL – yeh we were too tired to think of witty retorts 😉

traildog
    Free Member

What? So you went the wrong way and still had the food! You have no morals sir!

foxyrider
    Free Member

well, when in Rome 🙂 Didn’t have a camel back to smuggle some home unfortunately 😉

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Why are some riders anally retentive?’ is closed to new replies.