Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)
  • Why are so many ad voice overs 'regional' or 'interesting' accents?
  • StumpyBlurRider
    Free Member

scots always ££ ads an nothern = wholesome produts

scots always ££ ads an nothern = wholesome produts

Is that some kind of regional dialect ?

backhander
    Free Member

People should feel proud of where they’re from, and not hide their roots, just cos others are bigots. I think it’s a bit sad when people drop their regional accents so as to seem more sophisticated.

Could not agree more. I hate meeting folks bristol born and bred with absolutely no accent whatsoever, it’s fake and they’re trying to be something they’re not. The clifton snobby ***** are the worst culprits.

bravohotel9er
    Free Member

Not everyone born and bred in Bristol has a typically Bristolian accent though.

I live in Bournemouth, you’ll find a mixture of West Country, Saaaaaaaarf Coast and Oxford English RP here, all spoken by people who grew up in the town.

PeteG55
    Free Member

I thought only Sean Bean and Sean Pertwee were allowed to do advert voiceovers, it’s the law

Don’t forget Rob Brydon, although I think he covers up his Port Talbot upbringings quite well for the voiceovers. Always sounds very Welsh on QI etc though.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Once spent a very enjoyable hour or so chatting about regional accents with actress and comedian Josie Lawrence.

So I hear, she still talks about it now.

Kevevs
    Free Member

because they sound less authoritative and dictatorial, like they want to be – telling you what to buy. More like somebody you’d like to know or possibly trust. eg, Jane Horrocks thinks Tesco is good, so it must be good! she’s proper real and in right on Mike Leigh films! If tescos is good enough for Horrocks, and by association, honest to goodness northern type genuine stuff, last of the summer wine, wallace and grommit even, we’ll ignore the massive corporation. cos they’re nice an friendly and caring, like us.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

I seen Jane Horrocks in Battersea Park. You fancy her don’t you? She tried it on with me but I told her to behave herself. She looked a bit skinny, so I bought her a little cake.

Kevevs
    Free Member

yeah love Jane Horrocks. She should sell Bugatti’s, ohh, this Bugatti, it’s bloomin marvellous!

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Dot Cotton selling baby formula…

Kevevs
    Free Member

Alf Garnett selling Moisturiser.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Micheal Winner selling insurance.

Oh, hang on…

Northwind

Scottish accents apparently inspire trust. Apart from Ken Stott on the Royal Bank adverts.

Kevevs
    Free Member

Begbie selling Pantyliners. oooh, I sooo wanna see that advert!

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

😆

Radge Week….

Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)

The topic ‘Why are so many ad voice overs 'regional' or 'interesting' accents?’ is closed to new replies.