Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)
  • Why are people so big in Huddersfield?
  • hora
    Free Member

Big arms, big legs etc. Seem to be more of these here than elsewhere?

Weird. Could it be due to the high number of chip shops?

bencooper
    Free Member

In the town of Huddersfield
    There lived a cow that wouldn’t yield
    The reason why she wouldn’t yield?
    She didn’t like her udders feeled.

Sorry, can’t help…

jackthedog
    Free Member

Didn’t they invent the game of rugby or something? Maybe it’s just in the genes.

I must admit though, I prefer bencooper’s post to this one.

crikey
    Free Member

Seem to be more of these here than elsewhere?

Where elsewhere?

Do you mean that you’ve been to Hudd and seen a couple of fat people?

piemonster

Crikey raises a good point. Can you clarify if you mean big, as in well built muscular. Or just fat?

I wish to know whether to be offended for the people of Hddersfield.

piemonster

I like chips.

I was considering braving the deep fried pizza option last night but didn’t quite have the guts.

And I still don’t know for sure what a mock chop is.

crikey
    Free Member

…and I suspect that you’ve driven from south Manchester to Hudd and not got more than 400 yards from your car, so your experience is in no way representative of anything other than your own chubby spotting ability.

piemonster

There’s a handy obesity map here http://www.noo.org.uk/visualisation/eatlas

Can’t check that it works on this device.

dmorts

I was at uni in Hudds, didn’t really notice how fat people were but on average everyone seemed a bit shorter than back home (south Staffordshire, not Stoke).

It was noticable on a night out at a weekend, so it wouldn’t be the student population that was out rather locals. In Hudds I felt tall compared to everyone, back home I’d be about average

Pook

Hora, you are from Huddersfield. You are also a bit tubby. Using yourself as a case study, maybe you could ranswer the op?

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Theyr’e even bigger in Cleckhudderlifax. 🙂

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Perhaps you’re standing too close to them ?

chewkw
    Free Member

hora – Member

Big arms, big legs etc. Seem to be more of these here than elsewhere?

Weird. Could it be due to the high number of chip shops?

At GeordieLand they are huge … end off.

I mean everything and there are not even good chip shops in the city centre. The men yes they like their drinks. The women they will knock you out cold with them thunder …

MrSmith
    Free Member

i travel around a fair bit for work and really notice the corpulence increase as soon as you leave London.
    seems to go hand in hand with the prevalence for middle aged men to keep wearing teenage clothing right through their adult life.
    i guess its just a provincial affectation that’s the norm outside the capital.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Not everybody’s such a smart dresser as you Smith

fizzicist
    Free Member

Pit Props

hora
    Free Member

MrSmith has a point. Binners has never been near a skateboard or surfing yet looks like hes been ‘in’/ dressed for the scene for years dudes.

Pook your going darn tomorrow!

jonnyrockymountain

Looks like i’am tiny then at 5’8″ and live in Huddersfield ?

jonnyrockymountain

I forgot to say the reason why i’am so tiny is because I don’t eat fish an chips?

El-bent
    Free Member

i travel around a fair bit for work and really notice the corpulence increase as soon as you leave London.
    seems to go hand in hand with the prevalence for middle aged men to keep wearing teenage clothing right through their adult life.

Oh great, another London is Nirvana, everywhere else is a crapheap post by Mr Smith. As a Londoner myself, it’s clear you either only visit the pretty parts of London, or wear a blindfold when South of the Thames.

crikey
    Free Member

I forgot to say the reason why i’am so tiny is because I don’t eat fish an chips?

Is it because you can’t see over the counter?

hora
    Free Member

No your nickname is ‘tiny’ as you are actually chubalub-ginormous! 😀

bails

Didn’t they invent the game of rugby or something?

I think rugby was invented in Rugby!

bikebouy
    Free Member

Mebbies they’ve just sucked in a load of helium ??

ChubbyBlokeInLycra
    Free Member

I was considering braving the deep fried pizza option last night but didn’t quite have the gut

Try a couple, the gut will come

ChubbyBlokeInLycra
    Free Member

Quite, no chubbies here

MrSmith
    Free Member

I have those shorts, those shoes are lame though.

footflaps

Is that Binners and Hora in the photo?

tomhoward

Jack the dog, yeah rugby league was invented in the George hotel in Huddersfield.

Not noticed any more chubbers in hudds than anywhere else though.

MrSmith
    Free Member

Oh great, another London is Nirvana, everywhere else is a crapheap post by Mr Smith. As a Londoner myself, it’s clear you either only visit the pretty parts of London, or wear a blindfold when South of the Thames.

Just an observation on regional sartorial trends and obesity (which is confirmed by the interesting fat-map link up there)
    I offer no suggestion as to ‘crapheap’ status of conurbations, I myself reside in a zone 3 SW ghetto (though not for much longer) and am under no illusions regarding its demographic or quality of life enjoyed by its population.

hora
    Free Member

Tomhoward I disagree. The likes of Rochdale etc nearby has blobs or shrivelled/no veg in their life types. But Hudds seems to have big swollen legs/huge upper arm types.

Lard on bread diet?! (Bread n drippin)

bearnecessities

Whenever I try to drive through Huddersfield, the car usually runs out of MOT before I get to the centre.

Leeds Kirkgate market area is a good source of large folk, if that’s your bag.

edlong
    Free Member

If something’s the norm everywhere other than one place (London) then it can hardly be an affectation, or rather, the atypical behaviour of metrosexual ponces is the affectation.

footflaps

Well, they are pretty much up the chubster charts, although not at the top:

Huddersfield Chubsters by brf, on Flickr

Well according to the stats, the Chubster index is pretty low in London, compared with bits of the North….

MrSmith
    Free Member

atypical behaviour of metrosexual ponces is the affectation.

How do they behave then? ❓

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Well according to the stats, the Chubster index is pretty low in London, compared with bits of the North….

And I can see bits of the North that are white like the area round London. Can’t you ?

How do they behave then?

In a condescending and superior manner ?

MrSmith
    Free Member

Can’t say really? I try to avoid Shoreditch/hackney/N1 so rarely see metrosexulus-homo in the wild

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Well in that case I think its probably fair to say that you do a convincing impersonation.

piemonster

London, tis a bit rubbish. Distinct lack of mountains.

MrSmith
    Free Member

Well in that case I think its probably fair to say that you do a convincing impersonation.

Not really, the waist of my jeans are far too high and they are not skinny enough, I don’t have enough hair for a trendy hairstyle either.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)

The topic ‘Why are people so big in Huddersfield?’ is closed to new replies.