Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)
  • Why are pensioners allowed out on Saturdays?
  • TimothyD
    Free Member

I’d like to point out my posts were purely tounge in cheek, for anybody taking them seriously, and I actually have a lot of time for older people, and all people come to that.

I’m acutely aware i’ll be old(er) in the future should I be lucky enough to still be alive.

Peace to all. :O)

southbeds
    Free Member

A man’s only as old as the woman he feels.
    Groucho Marx

alfabus
    Free Member

Pensioners:

Saturdays:

Bloody good luck to them, they’ve deserved it.

Dave

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

A man’s only four times as old as the woman he feels.
    Groucho Marx Jimmy Saville

Mikkel
    Free Member

Wingnuts, im not quite there yet ;0)
    and Parcelforce made me do it, they left my much needed supply of new batteries for my RC planes in the post office.

jools182
    Free Member

was just at the post office and they were there again, queueing out of the door

one kindly old man kept letting people in front of him, very nice, except I was behind him

😉

nukeproofriding
    Free Member

Wouldn’t it be more logical for them to move? Just wonderin’ …

Did you miss the part about them being old? lol

aracer
    Free Member

They are allowed out every day because they’ve worked hard (mostly) and paid their debt to society

Though in general they’ve worked considerably less years than somebody starting work today is going to have to. If they’re paid their debt, how come society still has so much of it (which all those people still working will have to pay)? Future pensioners are likely to be rather worse off than current ones are.

beefheart
    Free Member

Congratulations old people.
    You’ve done a wonderful job.
    You messed up the environment, you plunged us all into this global economic crisis, gave yourself cheap housing, full employment, free education.
    You had a wonderful time.
    You sold my generation down the river.
    Now you expect me to pick up the pieces of your broken world.
    Ha ha ha, you disgust me, old people!

These days when kids get out of university with their degree and their five-figure student load debt, there’s no jobs for them ’cause you old people won’t retire.
    You just go on working year after year clogging up the job market. Then you do retire, but you don’t die! Why won’t you die?!

Andrew Lawrence

stevewhyte
    Free Member

Probably something to do with you typing that in English. And pretty much all the freedoms you take for granted. Paid in full 10 times over.

And the reason we are so flecked up as a country is because the under 40 year olds were sold a lie that we can have it all. Most pensioners will have only ever had a mortgage as debt.

Cougar

Andrew Lawrence

I think he’s confusing “old people” with “politicians and bankers.”

Sandwich

Probably something to do with you typing that in English.

Most, if not all, of the war generation are dead and they are in the minority of those older than 65. The baby-boomers are the ones who have spent our inheritance and seen to it that the generation following mine will be paying back their debts.

stevewhyte
    Free Member
Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)

The topic ‘Why are pensioners allowed out on Saturdays?’ is closed to new replies.