Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)
  • Why are Kid's Bike so Expensive ?
  • continuity
    Free Member

Isla bikes ludicrously priced.

banginon

Merida are a bargain, and use good quality alloy bits where most use cheap heavy steel. QR on front and rear wheels which most at similar prices don’t.

We sell them a plenty and are happy to trade them back in so usually have a few second hand.

AT
    Free Member

First test ride completed and my son is very pleased. The Carrera is definatly good value for money with comparable spec components to the Specialized Hotrock but nearly half the price.

ianv
    Free Member

[/quote]
    Can’t believe no one has mentioned Islabikes yet
    light, well designed small people’s bikes
    http://www.islabikes.co.uk/%5B/quote%5D
    Overpriced and fragile hybrids ime

binners

Nice one Andy! They’re a great spec for the money! Gives you a bit of scope for upgrades too. I’ve put BB5’s on to improve the brakes a bit

seadog101

Many many moons ago I bought my daughter a Marin Hidden Canyon (20″). It was vastly more expensive than the other kids bikes, but it’s been worth it.

Proper 7005 frame, and good wheels, and perfect dimensions. Only let down by low end derailleurs/crank/pedals.

The main reason for the purchase? Good shop staff, and it was light.

Son is now riding it, 8 years on. It’s a shame he is about to grow out of it.

jota180
    Free Member

Why are kids [strike]bikes[/strike] so expensive?

AT
    Free Member

I agree Binners the brakes look a at bit week but my sons quite light so its not a problem at the moment but they have got std mountings to upgrade. Thanks for the recommendation.

Zedsdead
    Free Member

If you think these bikes are expensive whatever you do not get into kids BMX racing!

binners

I’d put bigger rotors on one of my bikes, so transferred the 160 Avids onto the blast. I couldn’t believe the difference in weight! A pair of BB5’s can be had for just over £30 from the eBay shops in hong kong. Making a pretty cheap and effective upgrade!

doof_doof
    Free Member

waiting for an Orbea MX24 Team to arrive for one of my sons. Looked at all the options and decided light weight and resale value were a priority.

Was going to get a Scale 24 or Beinn 24 but decided to try something different and was swung by intelligent spec of the MX 24 Team for a kids bike. Rigid aluminium fork, lifetime frame warranty, wide range gears with single front and Deore 10 speed shifter/mech with SLX 11-36 cassette. At less than 10kg, it should be a flying machine.

That Orbea looks very good.

hora
    Free Member

Can we still buy the Raleigh Stryker? 🙂

neninja
    Free Member

Bit too late for me but I’ve heard that Forme have a range of kids bikes to be launched later in the Autumn aimed very much at Ilsa, Scott etc which are supposed to be excellent.

Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)

The topic ‘Why are Kid's Bike so Expensive ?’ is closed to new replies.