Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Why are humans such pansies?
  • bananaworld
    Free Member

Animals can eat any old uncooked mouldy rubbish they find and drink from minging rivers all over the place but if a human tries it they end up pooing their guts out for a few hours before dying.

Why?

midgebait
    Free Member

I can't imagine many animals apart from humans being happy with a chicken phal!

geoffj

glenh
    Free Member

I eat uncooked mouldy rubbish and drink from minging rivers all the time.

You just need to get used to it 😛

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

we're made soft by the way we are bought up and have evolved out of tolerance for a lot of things

also i think you'll find mortality rates are a little higher in say rats than humans 🙂

Olly
    Free Member

good question.
    my housemate has a habit of throwing out things that have gone past thier sell by date.

you can tell she never went to uni, where everyone learns rapidly "if its still the same colour(ish) and not furry, its good to go" 🙂

woody2000

Come the Apocalypse, we'll all have to learn to eat mouldy rubbish and drink from polluted rivers. And escape from Giant Cockroaches. And get used to having 2 heads.

belgianbob

Scrape, cook, eat. Simples!
    I eat any old filth. Kebab from a murder scene? Yum. Chips off a kid's plate? Done it. KFC? Just about…

samuri
    Free Member

dogs and cats are always throwing up too. I assume they eat something that makes them ill but unlike humans they just sick it up and get on with their lives instead of spending the next three days in bed telling everyone that they're dying.

See also: Giving Birth. Now obviously I can't really comment but when a cow or a dog gives birth, they mainly remain fairly quiet, the cow might quietly say 'moo' near the end. I don't see them swearing at everyone in sight, screaming for gas or spraying blood over people liberally.

richc
    Free Member

Animals can eat any old uncooked mouldy rubbish they find and drink from minging rivers all over the place but if a human tries it they end up pooing their guts out

well, I can confirm this also happens with dogs. So its not just humans that can't get away with it.

samuri
    Free Member

KFC? Just about…

No, sorry. If I ate a KFC that would just about do me in.

xc-steve
    Free Member

The same apparent reason we can't swim as good as we used to… 😀

AndyP
    Free Member

or carry suitcases, apparently. We'll gradually lose the ability to move anything unless it's on wheels, has a gimpy handle, and gets in the f*cking way all the time at train stations.

midgebait
    Free Member

PMSL remembering the Daily Mash article on people who can park in supermarket bays becoming extinct and even mountain gorillas being able to follow the hints given by the two f###ing big white lines 🙂

khegs
    Free Member

Samuri,

The birth thing is reasonably easy, a human baby has a significantly bigger head to body ratio than any of the other primates it is a more of a struggle to get it out. There is also the whole medicalisation of birth thing, but I'll leave that to the hairy legged Natural Birth advocates 😉

As for eating rotten food and drinking dodgy water, some animals can, some can't, Cheetah's can't eat anything but freshly killed meat, while Leopards are able to stockpile their kills for days.

coffeeking
    Free Member

I eat uncooked mouldy rubbish and drink from minging rivers all the time.

It's largely about your immune system clearly, and how we have developed away from other things we class as "animals" and us not. As a kid I spent most of my life picking around places that you probably shouldn't go, coming into contact with rotting stuff and unpleasant stuff and then sitting eating my sandwiches on top of it without washing my hands. I've drunk from rivers with dead sheep in them, I've eaten foods that were mouldy and old (though not uncooked) and I've only ever had food poisoning twice – once from a Wimpey burger that was luke warm when it came off the burner (only twigged that when I'd eaten most of it) and once when a sewage works overflowed into the river I was kitesurfing on and fish were washing up dead next to me.

Humans are wimpey because they let themselves get like that over generations. Because we successfully help weak individuals live and breed and because we're told everything needs to be 100% bacteria free. While surgery and wound healing are clearly exceptions to the "dirty does no harm" rule, the rest of the time it fits fairly nicely.

belgianbob

@Samurai; I'll clarify: I'd eat KFC only if there were no blood-spattered kebabs from crime scenes to munch on.
    I'd regret it, but I wouldn't die.
    Except maybe from shame.

Mistere
    Free Member

I've only ever had food poisoning twice – …once when a sewage works overflowed into the river I was kitesurfing on and fish were washing up dead next to me.

why, why, why did you think it was ok to eat them?!

coffeeking
    Free Member

Well, who can refuse such an easy meal? 😀

samuri
    Free Member

Cheetah's can't eat anything but freshly killed meat,

They should just CTFU!

khegs
    Free Member

Cheetah's can't eat anything but freshly killed meat,

They should just CTFU!

I think they should teach themselves how to light a fire, so they can cook the meat, sure they don't have opposable digits, but surely if 2 cheetahs cooperated they could work a zippo. 😀

[edit]Just had the surreal image of cheetahs chasing down safari landrovers so they can siphon the petrol tanks, and having barbecues on the savanna[/edit]

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Go to somewhere like Africa our South America and see what natives eat – humans aren't pansies, just some of us have evolved to be pansies.

I did see a nature programme on BBC last year and the guy (whose name I forget, pretty wimpy looking guy, clearly much tougher than I could ever hope to be) and he could drink the dirty water etc they drink without needing to clean it.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Why are humans such pansies?’ is closed to new replies.