Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Why am I so soft? (Hi Fi content)
  • esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

I’ve had, until recently, an ancient Technics SUZ11 amp & 2 also ancient, massive & very heavy Monitor Audio speakers. They’ve been stored dry for about 10 years. (The reason being that my Mrs doesn’t appreciate that sort of stuff, you know, blokey stuff?) but I was hanging onto them forever. So my eldest lad, who’s into his classical music has somehow managed to cajole me into giving them to him! I don’t even know how he did it & we even managed to test it before he took it. (awesome sound)
    I suppose at least it’s getting used & appreciated. 🙄

Anyone else done owt daft like that.

CountZero

Well, at least it’s being used by someone who’ll appreciate it. Not sure I see using old audio kit to play music on as ‘blokey’, but that’s maybe just me.

ampthill

I did something similar

I ditched what to me was decent separates hi fi for a receiver and 5.1 speakers

Music sound quality has plummeted

But we used it for tv sound 90% of the time. My son is a touch deaf and surround sound where you can boost the center channel for voices was the obvious solution

The layout of the room was such that the speakers and tv were in front of 2 glass doors to the garden. We never went in and out but they massively blocked the view of the garden. Tiny surround speakers have solved the problem

I’m reminded by what I lost when I see the speakers and stands in my parents living room and the amp and cd player in brother in laws

But in the end I’m glad the bits are in use and we did make the right move

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Why am I so soft? (Hi Fi content)’ is closed to new replies.