• This topic has 80 replies, 68 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by Haze.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 81 total)
  • Whose got snow?
  • jj55

None here in Herefordshire… yet?

…….. and for the pedantic who notice i’ve just posted this on the wrong forum ………. what gloves for riding in the snow

oldgit
    Free Member

Leighton Buzzard – nil points.

LoCo
    Free Member

Welsh vallies, dim.

trickydisco
    Free Member

I’ve just been sent this twitter snow update thing

snow map

_tom_
    Free Member

None in Northamptonshire, but my car was proper iced over this morning. Had to wear 2 pairs of gloves for my ride this evening and my fingers still went numb 0_0

gcaster
    Free Member

Newcastle and Durham – stupid loads! 🙂

gothandy

Cold enough for it in Bristol but non yet. Heard there was some in Wales.

curlie467
    Free Member

None in cheshire and as much as i like the white stuff and cant wait to get out riding in it, i can wait until after the weekend as i have a monster job on the car to do outside, bad enough in the cold let alone lying in the snow aswell!

pascoa341
    Free Member

wey aye in Hexham! Just did my first ever snow ride. Amazing!! Even got to see a few deer in dusk!

coastkid
    Free Member

Eastern end of Lammermuir Hills (East Lothian) across to Berwickshire are white so be heading up there at weekend!

Miggs
    Free Member

Snow flakes the size of walkers crips in Louth, Lincs! not settling here yet, but is cold enough!

deertrackdoctor
    Free Member

6inches here in jedburgh
    lights charged, trailrakers on
    just need her majesty to arrive home and bath the baby 😀
    then its snowy deere track riding

Tebbalot
    Free Member

We had a few flakes here in Surrey but nothing settling

grantway
    Free Member

Tebbalot What part of Surrey you in mate

steve_b77
    Free Member

Nowt in London village

grantway
    Free Member

Nore in East London

stumpynya12
    Free Member

Loads !!!! up north with more on the way….rushes out to buy candles,bread and board wax.

uphillcursing
    Free Member

Plenty here near Alnwick. More on the way too.
    Top tip: Try not to be in need of an emergency scan in the Sunderland area tomorrow.

I don’t think i am going to work 😯

user-removed
    Free Member

My poor wife is stuck somewhere off the A19 – she left work at 5.30!! Usually takes her 20-25 mins to get home.

The main problem is gridlocked traffic – she says the road is just a sheet of ice. Every tiny hill causes gridlock as some twit in a rear wheel drive car spins out in first gear.

Feel a bit useless sitting here but really, there’s nothing I can do 🙁

Andy

Anyone near Dalby? Assume thats had a fair bit then? Am up there tomorrow for a familly thing and was thinking of leaving dead early to have a spin round 🙁

drain

@ user-removed – which bit of the A19 is that? I’m s’posed to be heading up from Bristol to Durham tomorrow (by train) but am wondering if the people I’m meeting will actually get in to their offices (or indeed if I can get from Durham station which is on a lovely steep hill…).

Hope your wife gets back ok!

user-removed
    Free Member

drain;

A19 Cold Hesledon, northbound between B1285 and B1404 Seaton Lane
    A19 County Durham – A19 in Cold Hesledon closed and stationary traffic northbound between the B1285 junction and the B1404 Seaton Lane junction, because of an accident involving two lorry’s. Congestion to Sheraton.
    Updated 23 minutes ago

From the BBC travel site.

So it’s North of Durham and will probably be sorted by tomorrow anyway.

Aye it is a fair old bank up to Durham station – you might be better off parking in the multi-story car park. Will your colleagues get to their office? Depends where they live – if they’re out in the hills it might be a bit touch and go…

EDIT – sorry just re-read your post and see you’re taking the train. Be prepared for the folk you’re meeting to be a bit late at best.

drain

Cheers, user-removed, much obliged.

Will be heading off to get the train at sparrow’s fart tomorrow morning then, oh joy! 😕

devs
    Free Member

View from the office this morning. I bottled it yesterday and put winter tyres on my van. I was glad of them!

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Snow in Machynllyth today

LoCo
    Free Member

Just started snowing heavily, in Cwmcarn.

kudos100
    Free Member

Just started snowing heavily, in Cwmcarn.

Scuppered my plans for riding the downhill track tomorrow 🙁

foxyrider
    Free Member

we got rain 🙁

LoCo
    Free Member

It’s settling but may not stay kudos 😕

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

No snow here
    ‘snot fair *stamps feet*

cubemeup
    Free Member

loads up cwmcarn!¬!¬

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Snow in North Somerset, pitching on the Mendips a little.

keavo
    Free Member

loads in cleveland and north yorkshire, more due saturday and sunday. dalby is probably under a fair bit of snow, the local news had a bad weather news item/report from pickering yesterday.

nickegg
    Free Member

A couple of inches up here at Bristol Airport!

valleydaddy
    Free Member

A fair bit here in Aberdare, but did start to thaw before sunset now frezing up.

Neighbour got home from Cardiff on his CBR but had a minor off so can’t be too bad

Carpediem
    Free Member

Snowy Cmwcarn today . . was epic, even though they pulled the uplift 🙁

grahamh
    Free Member

Now’t in the Cotswolds

mtbmatt
    Free Member

Lots in Mid-Wales. Most minor roads not passable with 4wd. Main roads are mostly OK.

ir_bandito
    Free Member

snow subsided a bit in Hexham now, not exactly thawed, just slowed. More forecast tonight though.

pascoa – you Hexham local too?

aviemoron
    Free Member

Work today, gave up fairly soon after this pic was taken.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 81 total)

The topic ‘Whose got snow?’ is closed to new replies.