• This topic has 21 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by DezB.
Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Who’s Watching You?
  • DezB
    Free Member

Anyone watching this bollox on bbc2?
    What the hell is this idiot’s point?
    Pure scaremongering, it seems to me.
    Turning over cos he’s an annoying ****t.

Jamie
    Free Member

Y’know, you do not have to type up every thought you have 😉

paulosoxo
    Free Member

that’s what twitter is for

DezB
    Free Member

Is that your response to every post?

JulianA
    Free Member

Everyone, by the look of it…

Travis

i live in China. You just get used to it

miketually
    Free Member

dezB, apparently the chat forum is not for short frivolous posts anymore, just for arguments.

paulosoxo
    Free Member

You can’t ask a question that’s been asked in the last 18 months either

DezB
    Free Member

But its ok to respond when you have f’all to say? Ah, I get it now..

miketually
    Free Member

But its ok to respond when you have f’all to say? Ah, I get it now..

Try having a look at the threads started by the people who complain about threads. There’s often not a lot there.

Spongebob
    Free Member

DO you have a webcam Debz? 😆

DezB
    Free Member

Are you dyslexic spongebob?

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

I thought all threads had to have a mention of the Big Bike Bash?

Oh, this one does now 😉

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Well, I thought it was quite inertesting, but nowt I din’t already know.

It’s not the surveillance that’s the issue, but what is done with the results of that surveillance. I think the program tried to highlight the dangers of how information can be manipulated and used to suit those who are doing the watching, and how such information can ultimately all into the wrong hands.

I don’t ike being watched. If I want to look at pictures of ladies’ bottoms, on tinternet, I would like to think I am alone, in my pervertitude, and not being observed by someone else.

People generally don’t like to feel they are being watched all the time. It makes them feel uneasy, and breeds distrust, suspicion and fear.

DezB
    Free Member

People generally don’t like to feel they are being watched all the time. It makes them feel uneasy, and breeds distrust, suspicion and fear.

Exactly what that programme was trying to do.

“Everytime you use your mobile phone someone is recording exactly where you are…” and such bolox.

Anyway Rudeboy, who the hell do you think you are trying to start a sensible discussion about it? hmm?

Spongebob
    Free Member

Are you dyslexic spongebob?

Yes! Do you like voyeuristic dyslexics then? 😆

Random!

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

i thought the first (CCTV) one was a quite well balanced look at the subject, put both sides of the argument and didn’t seem to favour either point of view.

Rudeboy is spot on (sadly)

made some very good points about apathy causing ‘function creep’, a phrase taken from academic texts about the subject showing it was well researched in my opinion.

Your changing of the channel seems only to poignant given this point.

DezB
    Free Member

His tone of voice was totally favouring the scare-mongering pov.

Random!

Spongebob – Take your index finger and cover my username. now uncover one letter at a time. How random?

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

maybe he had a point then DezB – everything I saw was based on fact, and making the Home Secretary squirm was really quite good entertainment

Scaremongering or making a valid point?

‘CCTV reduces crime rates’ – WRONG

‘The ANPR and PNC database are regulated by the Information Commissoner’ – WRONG

DezB
    Free Member

Ok, the last bit I watched was the AA man who got sacked – spent 15 minutes discribing how the aa were watching this guy’s every move, with fancy, pointless graphics. They sacked him due to the data, recording this, recording that. After all this – oh he took it to a tribunal and WON! So what was the point?
    So, as a far as I could see, yep scaremongering.
    I’ve never been the paranoid type, so will continue with my apathetic approach to the subject.

wwaswas

true apathy would have meant this thread never existed…you must care, at least a bit.

DezB
    Free Member

Mainly at how annoying I found the way it was presented.

Good to get a different point of view though.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Who’s Watching You?’ is closed to new replies.