Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Who's tired this evening?
  • molgrips
    Free Member

Rode to my parents’ today, 75 miles racing my wife and kids in the broom wagon (with a head start obv). Tried this many times before but always got swept up. Left dead early this time and made it with 20 mins to spare.

Did it fasted too.. First time I have ridden that far in many years and now I’m knackered!

tiggs121
    Free Member

Good effort – especially at this time of year!

cp

Yep, yet another mad week at work at little sleep.

Great fun at the trailquest today though, but am really really feeling it now. Felt ok before but legs seizing up nicely. Bath (a rarity for me) then the most amazing fish pie left overs and whatever ale I just put in the fridge.

joat

Not today, but yesterday. Did the Strava 150km challenge, it wasn’t much further to the imperial century, so foregoing a lift home and 106 miles later, I’m a bit knacked today. Didn’t help sliding down the tarmac 30 miles in either.

mattbee

Yep, bivvy weekend in the New Forest.
    Around 60 miles so not ‘massive’ but only just had enough warm kit for the overnight, hadn’t accounted for having soaking wet cold shoes for half of the ride do even with a nice fire and a couple of layers of thermaloft & merino I felt drained dealing with that.
    Was lovely setting off again this morning, crunching through frost knowing there was a hot shower & a sofa to snooze on at the end of it.

footflaps

Did a weights session in the workshop this morning and am still pretty tired from it. 5×5 Squat Cleans, 5×5 Rack Jerks, 5×5 Overhead squats.

centralscrutinizer
    Free Member

I’m about ready for bed. On the MTB yesterday and today plus a few to many beers last night. All good fun though.

number18
    Free Member

A little. Doing a lot of running recently and managed 5 runs this week, total of 25.2 miles after 8 miles this morning.

mogrim

Also doing a fair amount of running – 10K on Friday, 19 on Saturday, and 36 today… with nearly 1700m total climbing, too 🙂

So yes: tired. And anticipating sore legs tomorrow!

loddrik
    Free Member

Been at work all night and had 3 hours sleep before kids dragged me to the beach. Yes, I’m tired…..

Daffy

Took Daffy Jnr out in the Chariot today, a mix of road and off-road. The off-road section quickly turned into a lap of Mountain Mayhem, 9 miles of agonising torture culminating in a shattered Dura Ace rear mech, two snapped spokes, the front and rear wheels locked solid by mud and the chariot on its side.

My legs, bike and clothes are ruined! Bless DJ, all he asked after righting the Chariot was “why did you stop Daddy, we supposed to be going to the park?”

A hose down with my Camelback water, and a rapid single speed conversion and we were back in business…after a 2 mile walk.

TiRed

Well I am, obviously!

Raced Friday and Saturday. Rest day today, so not too tired, actually. Will give it the gas on an intervals session commute tomorrow though.

molgrips
    Free Member

Lol@Daffy

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Who's tired this evening?’ is closed to new replies.