Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 243 total)
  • Who's the most hated- Blair or Thatcher?
  • shermer75
    Free Member

In view of the feelings being stirred up by Save The Children US awarding Tony Blair it’s Legacy award (link) I began to wonder- who is hated the most? I know that they both have their supporters, but who is the least popular?

zippykona

Blair.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Blair as Thatcher still has some loyal fans and Blair has none

Stoner
    Free Member

Blair. I liked Thatcher.

piemonster

Blair

Jamie
    Free Member

This’ll be a fun and lighthearted thread.

eskay

I think probably Thatcher. Both hated by many but for different reasons.

brooess
    Free Member

We’d be better off holding the current bunch to account IMO

kudos100
    Free Member

Blair may not have anyone who likes him, but I doubt people will be dancing on his grave in the same way they did at Thatchers funeral.

So Thatcher gets my vote.

neilnevill
    Free Member

Thatcher. She was hated by entire comunities, entire cities, because of the affect her government’s policies had on the livelihoods of so many people.

Blair never stieed up such vitriol, anger, loathing…..more a mere dislike by comparison

shermer75
    Free Member

I suppose if you quantify it in terms of number of deaths responsible, Blair’s a pretty tough act to follow

Stoner
    Free Member

I suppose if you quantify it in terms of number of deaths responsible,

oh I dont know. There’s probably a lot of whippets bought it in ’89

shermer75
    Free Member

FYI if you feel strongly about the Save The Children award you can sign a petition here

brakes
    Free Member

I don’t think the full extent of Blair’s misgivings will be realised by the populous for many years.

DezB
    Free Member

I hate Thatcher more. Most definitely.

ton

thatcher, for killing british industry and ripping entire communities and families to pieces.
    hatefull spitefull woman, who took a personal pleasure in crushing the working class, imho that is.

Edric64
    Free Member

Thatcher was great ,she brought the unions down and did loads for the country

Stoner
    Free Member

misgivings

🙂

rene59
    Free Member

Blair has a lot more innocent blood on his hands, Thatcher responsible for the death of entire towns and communities. Blair at least brought in minimum wage (yes it was far too low), Can’t think of anything Thatcher done to benefit anyone who wasn’t like her.

I’d say Thatcher.

Junkyard
    Free Member

ton raises an interesting point

Blair **** foreigners and Thatcher **** large swathes of the UK

pedropete

Thatcher was a vile creature. Blair still is.

zippykona

Is there a north south split on opinion?
    I do remember seeing a convoy of cops heading up the m25 during the strike.
    It made me shudder. Almost like troops going off to war in some foreign land.

Stoner
    Free Member

Almost like troops going off to war in some foreign land

What do you mean “Almost”?
    I can get to France easier than I can get to the North.

russianbob
    Free Member

zippykona – Member
    Is there a north south split on opinion?
    I do remember seeing a convoy of cops heading up the m25 during the strike.
    It made me shudder. Almost like troops going off to war in some foreign land.

Doubt it, the M25 didn’t open until 1986. Miner’s strike, 1984/85.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Someone be a trolling on this thread

Given where you live christ that Landy of yours is slow

Bustaspoke
    Free Member

Thatcher.Personally I’ve no time for either of them,but Thatcher is the only politician who’s appearance on TV made me swear out loud at the telly.I even had the same reaction when Thatcher died & footage from years ago was shown on the news.They’ve both got blood on their hands,but IMHO Blair didn’t destroy communities in this country,whereas Thatcher not only destroyed whole communities but appeared to revel in the fact.Hate’s a strong word but it accurately sums up my opinion of Thatcher.

Stoner
    Free Member

Don’t call me christ in public darling

brooess
    Free Member

Given that they both won 3 consecutive terms in office, the data suggests they were both very-well liked by significant proportions of the electorate!

RustySpanner

Both.
    But I’m much better at despising that woman.
    I’ve had a lot longer to practice.

Jamie – Freeloader!

This’ll be a fun and lighthearted thread.

Chear up, have a clown.

rene59
    Free Member

Yes, but a significant proportion of the electorate are ****!

zippykona

Doubt it, the M25 didn’t open until 1986. Miner’s strike, 1984/85.

I can’t give you specific dates but the m25 was built in sections. Godstone was open but it didn’t go as far as the m3 at the time. You could do a loop from 1986.

unknown
    Free Member

Blair without a doubt. I don’t actually have strong feelings about Thatcher, I can see good and bad in her. But Blair is a dangerous, self-serving, war-mongering lunatic who did much to create the world we live in today. If he’s not insane then he’s pure evil.

athgray
    Free Member

Thatcher here. I feel Blair fell from a path of good intentions. When he came to power I at least felt he would have endeavoured to help struggling people. Seems Thatcher had cold, heartless intent from the start.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

The easiest way to settle this would be to dig her up, hang them both from lamposts and meausure the lengths of the queues for the new ‘Mussolini tribute pinyata(sp?)’ attraction.

cozz
    Free Member

Blair,was the worst, yet nobody could see it at the time

Thatcher at least fought the over powered unions. She had conviction in her actions, and bigger balls than blair !

ton

lengths of the queues for the new ‘Mussolini tribute pinyata(sp?)’ attraction.

thatchers queue would be longer that all the other shyte PM’s put together.

CHB

Blair. Lied to the country and has the blood of thousands on his corrupt hands.

scaredypants

Feels a bit like comparing two dogshits, but …

Thatcher, I think, was pretty straight-up about being unpleasant whereas Blair has the extra little boost of promising quite a lot (to me as a leftish leaner anyway) and then turning out to be a disingenuous, grasping, Machiavellian little shit all along.

Doesn’t mean she was less nasty, just that she didn’t arse about justifying it with a load of platitudes; pretty much just told the nation to **** off if we didn’t like it (turns out a lot of the electorate liked to be treated rough, though)

I do wonder how much of Blair’s scheming was down to Campbell really – again, Ingham was a bit more old school rather than a marketing man

On balance then, if only for that toe-curling wankyness that was the “now is not a time for soundbites …” opening gambit,

Blair, by a nose

fasthaggis

I will always despise Thatcher and her government for what they did to the country .
    I hate Blair and his lot for not fixing it,while giving me all that false hope.

mudshark
    Free Member

Thatcher was clearly what she was, country voted for her and many were fans. Her funeral was a big deal to most – some were fans, others gloaters (he he).

No-one’s going to celebrate Bliar’s life.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 243 total)

The topic ‘Who's the most hated- Blair or Thatcher?’ is closed to new replies.