Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)
  • Whos the better rider?
  • R.lepecha

Been out on a ride today. My mate hit a 3 1/2 foot drop that I hit about 6 months ago.
    He hit it on a Orange Patriot with 7 inch of travel(I think)both ends, saddle dropped, 9 billion gears in essence(10 speed).
    I hit it on a 4 inch travel singlespeed XC hardtail with my saddle fully raised.

Whos the better rider?

schrickvr6
    Free Member

Me

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

GNAAAAAAAR!

jedi

neither

pastcaring
    Free Member

😳

R.lepecha

reasoning Jedi?
    Not trying to prove my point cos I dont have a point to it.

Three_Fish
    Free Member

Definitely the other bloke.

Northwind

R.lepecha – Member

Whos the better rider?

Sam Hill maybe.

Bregante

The one who doesn’t care

steve_b77
    Free Member

Did he tail whip or superman?

partyboy
    Free Member

Is the MBUK forum busted again?

jedi

because you both did the same thing

jedi

+1 bregante

Andyhilton
    Free Member

Bregante’s hit the nail on the head.

R.lepecha

no he did not do any tricks and ok Jedi, fair enough. despite the huge difference in bike?

hexhamstu
    Free Member

God this is horrible.

MulletusMaximus
    Free Member

Only people who are 13 will care!!

chiefgrooveguru

So did either of you stay on?

partyboy
    Free Member

Doddy, he is wikid awesome sick.

loddrik
    Free Member

is this thread for real….? 😕

nonk
    Free Member

i think it was you man yeah your the man wanna be freinds on face book?

R.lepecha

Well I dont care, he probably does. He use to make excuses for not hitting it. He constantly annoys me because Im the XC’er. Whoopy do!

stevemtb
    Free Member

Ok a serious answer, not that I’m sure it should’ve ever been posted as a serious question. Seems like a my dad’s bigger than your dad argument…

So, the serious answer, none of us can know from that info. One drop doesn’t make a good rider. One/both of you might be amazing technical riders who don’t like drops, doesn’t make either/both good/bad riders.

Post up a video showing both of you riding various different trails with different types of riding and we’ll let you know. Or even better don’t!!!

RealMan
    Free Member

on a Orange Patriot with 7 inch of travel(I think)both ends, saddle dropped, 9 billion gears in essence(10 speed).
    I hit it on a 4 inch travel singlespeed XC hardtail with my saddle fully raised.

How slow must you be that anyone on that bike can keep up with you a ride? Unless you’re doing uplifts or something.

R.lepecha

Ah, you see I generally reach the destination well before him and wait ages.

brakes
    Free Member

I actually think you are because you did it on a bike which would make it technically harder to do

billysugger
    Free Member

You. What’s my prize?

Northwind

brakes – Member

I actually think you are because you did it on a bike which would make it technically harder to do

It’s a little drop, it’s not technically harder on either bike- the technique to land it right is the same. The results if you land it badly is where the bike would make the difference

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Riding off drops doesnt take a hell of a lot of skill or a lot of bike. Which one of you is better on stuff that takes skill?

stevemtb
    Free Member

I think it’s your mate as he doesn’t feel get pressured into doing drops until he’s ready and doesn’t ride a sissy little XC bike.

Going by your logic it’s actually the guy who never realised it was there, rode off it on a rigid bike and luckily landed it while he was reading the Financial Times. Don’t tell me it never happened as my mate says his dad knows the guy whose spoken to a guy who heard about it.

hexhamstu
    Free Member

Who can do the longest track stand?

peterfile
    Free Member

3.5ft???!!!!

I’m surprised you’re alive to tell the tale!

Seriously though, I watched a 15/16 year old kid land Peaty’s Drop pretty smoothly on a HT frame that was about 3 sizes too big for him and looked like it was made in my grandad’s shed.

If you have reasonable handling skills you could land 3.5ft on one of those a micro scooter things.

bullheart
    Free Member

Horse-shit Troll.

0.5/10

leggyblonde
    Free Member

HAHAHAHAHA LOLCATS

ur biek iz saracing

TonyL
    Free Member

Sign up for the Singletrack Weekender and settle the question for good! Trials, downhill, cross country and pumptrack!

DezB
    Free Member

You should have fight to see who’s the hardest, just like at school.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

your mum

mikewsmith
    Free Member

oh and my dad’s bigger than your dad

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Definitely your mum is the best.

Dan67
    Free Member
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘Whos the better rider?’ is closed to new replies.