Viewing 9 posts - 121 through 129 (of 129 total)
  • Who's the best-ever lyricist/songwriter?
  • billyblackheart
    Free Member

The answer cant be Bo Dylan because Woody Guthrie’s just about every other songwriter jedward included is better.

rhyswilliams3
    Free Member

Phil Lynott

tops5
    Free Member

Got to agree with OP Morrisey was the man – unfortunatley he is now a twunt

Still love the Smiths tho

anagallis_arvensis

Have you got Live At The Bluebird? Van Zandt, Earle and Clarke all together, it’s excellent.

yeah its a great little recording, however it was quite late in Townes life and his voice was shot by then and his guitar playing not brilliant the story about the tooth is bloody funny though. You should try to get hold of Townes Live at the Old Quarter Houston. Its just Townes and a guitar from about 1973 and is quite frankly the best thing I’ve ever heard.

mightymule
    Free Member

Nick Cave

sbob
    Free Member

swamp_boy – Member

Ian Dury

next question?

Top shout. 8)

I wouldn’t piss on Billy Bragg if he was on fire.
    Unless I wanted to set fire to him a second time.
    I will admit some of his songs at least have some comedic value, when listened to from the setting of his cliff top mansion. 😉

RustySpanner

I wouldn’t piss on Billy Bragg if he was on fire.
    Unless I wanted to set fire to him a second time.
    I will admit some of his songs at least have some comedic value, when listened to from the setting of his cliff top mansion.

Stay on my arm, you little charmer…….

joepose
    Free Member

What about Thom Yorke – I dont care if it hurts, I wanna have control, I want a perfect body, I want a perfect soul, I want you to notice when I not around. youre so **** special, i wish i was special, but im a creep im a weirdo, what the hell im doing here…….
    Up there with the Dylans of the world?

MrOvershoot

Agree with lots, but I don’t think anyone has mentioned Jarvis Cocker of Pulp!

Viewing 9 posts - 121 through 129 (of 129 total)

The topic ‘Who's the best-ever lyricist/songwriter?’ is closed to new replies.