Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • Who’s the best biker ?
  • Oxboy
    Free Member

you horrible buggers! 😆

miaowing_kat
    Free Member

I once rode with a guy (Glentress, black route) who gets good results at the SDAs.
    Perfectly nice chap, but he couldn’t help racing people if he thought they’d ‘snubbed’ him by starting out on a trail, assuming we’d be slower than them. (I was always slower than them)
    He always tanked them as well. But it just meant he had to wait ages at the end for me to catch up!

Anyway, as I ride with people who are much better than myself, I’m always at the back. Suits me fine. And if I happen to pass other trail users (on the descents) I actually feel a bit embarrassed! Like I’m a bit of a show-off or something and taking it all too seriously…

ozzybmx
    Free Member

” C “

Now get back out there and find him !!!!!!!!

Joxster
    Free Member

On somewhere like the Tress if there is a group of us of varying fitness levels, the fitter ones will do 2-3 loops of a climb so we all reach the top at a similar time and we try to judge it so the slower climbers are waiting for the fitter riders. Unless someone really annoys me on a climb, I’ll ride at a pace that is always 1mph quicker than the ‘show off’ until they crack. It’s more fun on a 6″ travel bike 😆

ampthill

I’ve had a couple of funny “race” moments with my son

The first was walking up hill in the lakes (we were on a walk not a ride)

Man with rucsac all in green and very military starts to pass us. “Out the way kids I cry”

No way says my son (age 10) and shoots off, man in hot pusuit

15 min later I pass man who is exhausted, my son not in site. 5 minutes after that wife and 8 year old daughter pass man. Wife gives man a bollocking for potentialy loosing our son! (I thought she was a bit out of order)

Next we are at North Face Trail on bike

Son starts racing slightly older boy up hill and looses. No prob. Then very little sister in pink shoots passed him. Look of horror on his face.
    Later I told him that her dad had towed her up the hill and given her a massive sling shot! He was very relieved

Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘Who’s the best biker ?’ is closed to new replies.