Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Who's stuck on the M62 then?
  • patriotpro
    Free Member

GF has just been on the phone, sounds bad…

Tanker, another lorry and a third vehicle involved 🙁

mr-potatohead
    Free Member

whereabouts is the holdup ?

dooosuk
    Free Member

Closed both directions between J26 and J27

allthepies
    Free Member

Edit: Wrong motorway 🙂

geordiemick00
    Free Member

Jesus, that is becoming a regular Friday occurrence, always involves trucks. What amazes me is they have three narrow lanes going through the 20 mile or so 50mph roadworks, but trucks in Lane 2 use a bit of lane 3 too as their mirrors will clash if they stay in the lane. Fair few times i’ve been within an inch of being scrubbed off a truck in that section.

patriotpro
    Free Member

it’s now affecting back to J29 and the M1.

dooosuk
    Free Member

Good job you posted this…I was heading that way tonight…think I’ll postpone till tomorrow now.

patriotpro
    Free Member
    mikewsmith
    Free Member

M62 broken – not news just normal

meehaja
    Free Member

A58/A62 well backed up as a result.

john_drummer
    Free Member

If it’s anything like the usual thing on that stretch, all the other roads in the area will be snarled up too. Glad I’m WFH today.

Problem seems to be the calibration of truck speedometers. If you’re in a car sticking to the 50mph limit through that section, you WILL be tailgated by one or more trucks.

patriotpro
    Free Member

The GF’s home, it’s clearing now apprently. 🙂

dooosuk, it might be a goer for you after all.

patriotpro
    Free Member

you WILL be tailgated by one or more trucks.

They’re having a purge on that stretch of the M62 apparently such is the increasing reports of dangerous driving from HGV drivers.

Triggered by the hen-party crash the other week no doubt.

dooosuk
    Free Member

Cheers, will monitor the highways/traffic england site. It says diversions in place and road re-opening at 6pm so I’ll see what it’s like at 7pm.

edlong
    Free Member

If it’s anything like the usual thing on that stretch, all the other roads in the area will be snarled up too. Glad I’m WFH today.

I’ll be going home through all that – the alternative routes people use to avoid the motorway are all pretty much my route home from work and consequently will be nose-to-tail the whole way. Just as well I’m on a bicycle really. 8)

bearnecessities

Sat eastbound between 24 & 25. Black mondeo titanium x, gizza wave 🙂

flibrose
    Free Member

I sat for two an a half hours west bound, only half a mile from incident. Home now thankfully

Bustaspoke
    Free Member

“The problem is the calibration of truck speedo’s”.Truck speedo’s,unlike car speedo’s are calibrated.
    Car drivers plod along in the middle lane at 45 mph pissing off the people behind them.No need for tailgating, but that’s why some do.

brant
    Free Member

All good now in both directions.

seavers
    Free Member

I got stuck…2 hrs to get the 7 miles home. It wasn’t much fun but I bet the bloke who was airlifted out is having a worse night.

Most roads seem to have cleared now though. I think they have re opened the 62.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Who's stuck on the M62 then?’ is closed to new replies.