Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Who's riding a Hope Pro2 with a 10mm bolt in axle?
  • HermanShake
    Free Member

As above, how do you find it compared to QR?

Anyone replaced the SS bolts with Ti?

coolhandluke
    Free Member

I guess its stiffer in reality but in my mind its way way stiffer than QR and therefore way way better.

jools182
    Free Member

I’ve got the superstar both thru thingie, and also the DTSwiss one

It definitely made a difference on my single pivot bike

twotonpredator

i’m on pro 2 evo hubs with superstar 10mm quick release. it is infinitely stiffer than a standard qr but will just about still fit in the drop outs.

Jackass123456789
    Free Member

I am running Pro II with the bolt up hub. Deffo stiffer, can’t say I am overly worried by the weight of the 2 bolts but Ti I guess would save a few grams.

I have been pleased with the setup but if I was to say anything negative about it is that the 10mm bolts can be tight in certain drop outs and (due to a cheap mech hanger) I had to completely undo the bolt on one side to get the wheel in and out.

However, I have since changed the mech hanger and all is OK now (did this only last night).

Three_Fish
    Free Member

The only downside of the 10mm bolts is that the head seems to be made of a cheese-like material. Only my profiled Wera 6mm hex key will work them without distorting the interface. Even decent keys like Bondhus will easily start to make a mess of them, especially if I’m in the least bit careless/ham-fisted. If you only ever use a multi-tool, I’d recommend carrying a spare pair of bolts on rides, just in case you manage to round one out in the middle of the woods.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Who's riding a Hope Pro2 with a 10mm bolt in axle?’ is closed to new replies.