Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Who's riding 2011 shimano xtr?
  • Bikepimp
    Free Member

As above either race/trail groupsets. Opinion on performance, shifting and how the new brakes are. Your comments please 🙂

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

only the XTR trail pedals, they look pretty..

handyman153
    Free Member

I am riding the race group set.
    Full group apart from the cassette, which is dura-ace.

My favourite part is the brakes, I really like how they feel, look, and most importantly perform.
    Not had much chance to ride it, as I was waiting for the correct chain set to come into stock, but from the few miles I have done on it, its seems up to the same quality as all the previous xtr stuff. Very smooth shift, both front and rear, and if anything the front shift has got slightly smoother…

A great feature is the whole 2x or 3x by changing the switch on the back of the front shifter. I originally started off with a triple, but then moved to a double, and this system, means there’s no risk of over clicking..

All in all, very nice kit… But it should be for the price!!!

Cheers
    Josh…

Bikepimp
    Free Member

Handyman153 thanks for your comment. Did you have to re-cut and bleed the brakes as the hoses come up very long?

handyman153
    Free Member

Yeah.. They did come up very long..
    Suppose that’s them trying to make them fit most frames, without having to put new hoses in…

So yeah, is did cut them down. But didn’t have to re-bleed, worked fine after cutting down.
    Saying that, they will probably need doing in a month or so.

Josh..

Bikepimp
    Free Member

handyman153 thanks for letting me know regarding the brakes and fancy getting some race brakes 🙂

handyman153
    Free Member

Couple of Pictures here –

Cheers
    Josh

heihei

Is that a Kingdom Foia??

Am runningn XTR 1×10 so rear cassette, mech, shifters and chain and loving it.

handyman153
    Free Member

heihei..

Its a similar bike..
    It’s one I got made by the XACD company.
    Based basically on the S-works 29er..

Cheers,
    Josh..

Edric64
    Free Member

What is your frame made of? I really like the look of that .

digiphotoneil
    Free Member

Have an XTR race rear brake. Feels really nice, didn’t notice finger getting tired on extended drags. Really like banjo hose connection.

Bleeding however requires either ingenuity or additional kit to what I’m used to with Shimano. Bit more expense on an already expensive bit of kit.

handyman153
    Free Member

Edric64 –
    Its titanium.. Very please with it myself, cost £600. So as far as I am concerned, its perfect 🙂

Mister-P
    Free Member
    snakebite
    Free Member

Brakes and pedals here, brakes are superb.

njee20
    Free Member

Got the whole lot on my new Fuel which I need to finish building today, to race tomorrow. Feels good on the stand. I’ve got the race groupset with 30/42 rings, will be going single ring when the bits arrive.

Handyman: why the DA cassette? Just don’t get that, I got really bored of constantly shifting handfuls of gears and needing to shift on the front the whole time. Left yourself quite a tall bottom gear too!

handyman153
    Free Member

Njee20 –
    The DA cassette I had left around in the garage, and I use road cassettes on all my mountain bikes. I like having a much smaller gap between gears. And for racing I find its easier to have gears with a close ratio. Don’t think I have ever been short of a gear either.
    Also, what’s the point in a front mech if you don’t use it? I don’t mind changing at all, that’s what it’s there for at the end of the day 🙂

njee20
    Free Member

Wastes time though. I’ve ordered a single ring, specifically to do away with the front mech, still a lower gear than with a road cassette, and plenty high enough for racing!

radoggair
    Free Member

NJEE – when you say single ring, what are you sticking with, i’m guessing the 42.

njee20
    Free Member

Nah, 36, sure it’ll be fine, fair play to anyone who can run a 42t single ring!

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Who's riding 2011 shimano xtr?’ is closed to new replies.