Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)
  • Who's reading what?
  • WackoAK
    Free Member

World War Z by Max Brooks

Finally getting round to reading this and it’s highly enjoyable. Forget about the film, this is a series of interviews with “survivors” of the war against the infected. I’m about a third of the way through, it does paint an all too realistic picture of political failure.

maxlite
    Free Member

+1 for ‘The Goldfinch’ by Donna Tartt

Also loved ‘may we be forgiven’ by a.m.holmes

‘The Corrections’ by Jonathan Franzen

40mpg

OP:

Try Pedalling To Hawaii: A Human Powered Adventure by Stevie Smith if you’re looking to power-up your wonder lust a bit more.

bigjim

vurt

yoshimi

‘I am Pilgrim’ by Terry Hayes

I think it’s been described as Homeland/The Wire/Bourne Ultimatum all rolled into one

convert

Currently dragging myself to the end of my first and very definitely last Lee Child book. What was I thinking when I ordered this; the very definition of literature for morons to be filed next to Jeffery Archer and Tom Clancy. I thought I needed something easy and light – turns out I hate easy and light (at least the way Childs writes it).

steezysix
    Free Member

Read it a while ago, but Lonesome Dove by Larry McMurtry is an amazing book that will make you wish you were a cowboy. The sequels are OK, but not in the same league. Most of Haruki Murakami’s stuff is good if you like surreal fiction. His non-fiction book about running marathons is also very good.

wittonweavers
    Free Member

I’ll have to disagree with Mr Lager, the second Rothfuss book is as good as the first.

+1 for that. I enjoyed them both equally and i also wonder if the 3rd book will ever be finished. Patrick was also surprised – see the first review of the new book ‘Doors of Stone here

On the back of a recommendation on here i have recently ready ‘First Light’ by Geoffrey Wellum. It was highly recommended by a few but sadly not really my taste. Good but not great.

Of the cycling related books i would hugely recommend ‘The Secret Race’ by Tyler Hamilton and Ned Boulting’s ‘On the Road Bike’.

Next up for me will be Guy Martin’s autobiography – unashamed manlove!

YoKaiser
    Free Member

Try Jupiters Travels by Ted Simon. Real BITD wanderlust epic. On a slight tangent, I’d been reading Conn Igguldens books, the Genghis Khan series had me enthralled, the descriptions of Mongolia and further afield piqued a real interest in the area and culture.

Not a book but try Bunyan Velo(Digital) and Sidetracked (available in paper format). Beautiful publications with some amazing photography.

MrSalmon
    Free Member

I’m on Market Forces by Richard Morgan. Not a patch on his other stuff and I was quite surprised to see the order they were written in- I’d have assumed this was his first one!
    Still turning the pages though..

suburbanreuben
    Free Member

Just read “THe Redeemer” by Jo Nesbo. I have an Ebay Nesbo bundle on the way…

convert

Just read “THe Redeemer” by Jo Nesbo. I have an Ebay Nesbo bundle on the way…

They get a bit samey imo

bikebouy
    Free Member

Me?
    The final testimony of Raphael Ignatus Pheonix, by Paul Sussman.

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

Scar Tissue the Anthony Kiedis biography. How he is still alive is beyond me 😕

Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)

The topic ‘Who's reading what?’ is closed to new replies.