Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • Who's racing in 2011….the usual lot?
  • Ro5ey
    Free Member

Some local (east london/essex)XC races and, new to me, a few triathlons.

Beastways on a wednesday night from may through to july and Mud Sweat and Gear once a month from, for me, May… very much looking forward to them … I love trying to chase down the fella in front!!

As for the Tri yet to be decided.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

I am going to try and race some local TT’s this year, may do the Whinlatter enduro in a few weeks and I am doing the Fred Whitton on May but Im not going to race it. I havent done any training but Ive been riding my bike quite abit at the weekends and a bit after work so I should be ok. Sorry for a dull reply.

LoCo
    Free Member

I may do the Weekender, depending in fitness (v.v bad at the mo!) I may get dragged out by the team to an event or two as I’ll be attaending alot over the season.

ThurmanMerman
    Free Member

Nope. Not me. I quit time-trialling and road-racing for good at the end of 2009, and did my last ever ‘Cross season last year. Sold all my race bikes.

From now on I plan to enjoy myself instead* 😀

(*eat pies, drink beer, watch TV, go mountainbiking with mates etc)

djflexure

Booked Dyfi (1st time) and Kielder 100. Application in for MM solo (1st solo). Heard there is a new chain reaction event in Shropshire this year – may try that as its only an hour away.

Was looking at the Joe Friel and John Metcalfe training books on Amazon – anybody used them?

Fancied the Gravity Enduro races but not sure I’m up to it.

Done two MTQ trailquests already this year (did I mention I ride trailquests ?).
    Will try to do as many as possible and maybe some MBO events as well.
    Planning on doing three 24 hour solos if I get in. Mountain Mayhem, SITS and Bontrager 24/12
    Also Bristol 12, Wiggle 6, HONC & Brecon Beast (not really races) and whatever else I can find.

jonb
    Free Member

I’m doing some more this year. TLI races on the road. Kielder 100 maybe the Kielder Calling and 10 @ Kirrough tree. A few sportives and crc marathons as well even though they are not races they are fun. Might enter some others last minute.

I thought about getting a full racing licence as I can hold my own on a road bike (club hill climb champion last year which is not bad for a non road racer) but to be honest I don’t want to spend all my weekends driving and racing. Got some really interesting ride plans with friends and a wedding to organise.

CrumpledCartlidge
    Free Member

Yup, cant wait

Nutcracker series
    NPS at Dalby
    12hrs of Exposure
    Kielder 6hr
    Plus others that I haven’t decided upon yet 🙂

This is all providing my knee gets stronger and not worse…

trickydisco
    Free Member

Nope. Not me. I quit time-trialling and road-racing for good at the end of 2009, and did my last ever ‘Cross season last year. Sold all my race bikes.

From now on I plan to enjoy myself instead*

(*eat pies, drink beer, watch TV, go mountainbiking with mates etc)

Ruddy hell Chas! fair play on your results and TT times. Considering you said you took up cycling at 31.

Pass me the baton 🙂

ThurmanMerman
    Free Member

😉

Essentially, getting (and staying) as fit as you can get just takes too much effort. Especially at my age!

Best o’ luck, young’un ! 😀

wonnyj
    Free Member

Welsh XC round 2 this saturday in Builth Wells.

Ten under the ben

Bristol bikefest

Transwales

…maybe some others too…

singlecrack
    Free Member

go mountainbiking with mates etc

Thurman…..you may find this trickier than racing.. 😆

Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)

The topic ‘Who's racing in 2011….the usual lot?’ is closed to new replies.