Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Who’s Protesting tomorrow?
  • alwyn
    Free Member

Is anyone going up to London for the G20 protests?

RudeBoy
    Free Member

I may toddle along to see what’s afoot. I will deffo get the **** out of there, if it kicks off. I’ve been caught up in riots before; not nice.

nickname
    Free Member

No, but I’m going to London to work 🙂

uplink
    Free Member

A couple my guys will be there facilitating some extra live video feeds for the control room 😉

jimbobrighton
    Free Member

was up in town today, guys in the shop were just bored, as no one is venturing out of their buildings for fear of being lynched for being capitalist pigs. Seems like the threat of the protest has probably had the effect of making lots of peoples day a bit harder than it should have been, despite them not really having anything to do with it.

protesting peacefully – great – threatening violence = knobbers.

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Uplink, if I see any cams, I’ll wave!

uplink
    Free Member

You wave RudeBoy – I’ll be at home 250 miles away without access to the feeds

BTW – you’ll need to look up quite high 🙂

grizzlygus
    Free Member

Might do ………… what’s it about again ?

the_lecht_rocks

LOL @ Uplink – MI5 mate ?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Yep, Flash consented to storing my trailer of broken bricks from my back garden for a few days in return for me buying some of his dead cat shares…

uplink
    Free Member

No not MI5 🙂

Just some extra feeds for the CCTV room

We normally do news/sports feeds etc.

nedrapier

apperently, you should be careful if you

1) wear a suit,
    2) work for a global financial company,
    3) work in a landmark building

shit.

1)’s easy to sort, others less so. I’m going in early and bringing a pack lunch.

ourmaninthenorth

protesting peacefully – great – threatening violence = knobbers

AFAIK the onloy people activly threatening violence is the government – they have spent the entire week claiming that the gates of hell are going to open and that there simply must be armed police everywhere.

It’s designed to divert your attention away from the content of the G20 (which will be fairly anodyne, I suspect) and to demonise those otherwise protesting and demonstraing as viloent terrorist hoodlums.

For once – and I say this very carefully, as it isn’t usually the case – I agree with RudeBoy on this.

MartynS

(hijack) who do you work for uplink?? (hijack off)

scraprider
    Free Member

what do these idots think is / they are going to change , why dont they wake up , smell the coffee ,and get a decent sodding job,or stay inside there stinking squat were they just crawled out from, poor ole british bobbys getting a hard time again. best thing my taxes have ever been spent on. RIOT GEAR AND TEAR GAS ,

grizzlygus
    Free Member

why dont they wake up , smell the coffee

Why ? What’s happened ?

Has everything been sorted ?

phew……….. well that’s a relief. I must say.

miketually
    Free Member

Had the offer of a place on a bus down there at the weekend, but wasn’t sure if I’d have marking to do and didn’t fancy getting caught up in any bother.

alwyn
    Free Member

Maybe the G20 is an april fool to trick the eco hippies?

chewkw
    Free Member

If I get free meals, transport(by air) and accommodation I will go … for sightseeing and see chaos in play.

aracer
    Free Member

I’m revolting

winstonsmith

what do these idots think is / they are going to change , why dont they wake up , smell the coffee ,and get a decent sodding job,or stay inside there stinking squat were they just crawled out from, poor ole british bobbys getting a hard time again. best thing my taxes have ever been spent on. RIOT GEAR AND TEAR GAS ,

quality comment! i you don’t see any flaw in the ‘get a job ‘ part of that right now do you?

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Who’s Protesting tomorrow?’ is closed to new replies.