Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Who's making the most of the daylight this weekend?
  • rocketman
    Free Member

There’ll be almost 17 hours of daylight this weekend before the nights start drawing in *groan*

Have been roped into a 22-mile walk around the Peaks on Sat what will you folks be getting up to?

ir_bandito
    Free Member

Wed evening riding 80km over to Rookhope and back.

On saturday I’m riding 400km to Edinburgh and back on the road. Forecast not so good for the weekend though, so it won’t be quite as light as late as it will be tomorrow.

bigbadbob
    Free Member

Hoping to do an extra long Pentland Hills ride on Friday night. Just keep riding until it gets dark I think.
    Enjoy you ride mate.

mindmap3
    Free Member

Hoping that the biblical rain forecast doesn’t arrive so I can get out on my shiney new frame!

Junkyard
    Free Member

Snowdon descend after sunset with a number from this parish [ if my ribs are good enough to carry a bike that is] …big test tonight for then Drum on Sunday …last time there I hit 48 mph off road …..see point above re ribs

andytherocketeer

If the forecast is anything like today’s temperature (only a slightly mild 34C), then an evening/night ride might be just the ticket.

before the nights start drawing in *groan*

w00t \o/ ski season is on the way 🙂

patriotpro
    Free Member

Yes, away to Haggisville Friday til Sunday.

I’ll be riding whilst I_Ache drinks his own body-weight in Duvel 😉

P20

Weekend nightshift 🙁

dantsw13

I’ll be spending the longest day zooming downhill in Les Gets!!!

bartimaeus
    Free Member

Aiming to do (most of) the South Downs Way… 72 miles. Forecast is for a brisk tailwind (hurrah) and constant rain (ugh).

Marin
    Free Member

BBQ Friday. Telegraph Valley then the slate quarries on Saturday. Big loop round Capel on Sunday.

Drum is a beast but its great especially when the ponies are out and about. I do like them wild ponies.

maxray
    Free Member

got a bivvy micro adventure planned (ish). Where will depend on the weather nearer Friday.

I_Ache
    Free Member

Well mindmap you got to try your new frame and bloody lovely it is too.

Patriotpro I only have 20 bottles. It’s going to be messy. Really looking forward to some good riding coupled with traditional Scottish cuisine* and lots of beer.

Battered Mars bars and white pudding. Mmmmmmmm

orangeboy
    Free Member

Sadly work Saturday , works jolly ( free BBQ cider etc ) Saturday night

And Sunday recover lol

mindmap3
    Free Member

Cheers I_Ache. I’m pretty pleased with it. Your new toy is riding nicely too.

I’m sure Scotland will be ace…I can’t wait to get up there the week after next.

Forecast seems to have improved a bit which is good news. Bit more improvement and happy days!

DaRC_L

Friday off work so it will be get up, prep my bike & kit. Then take the kid to school asap. BY 8.45 I’m hoping to be heading for an all day ride on the Downs 😆

bartimaeus
    Free Member

It was pretty much ‘who’s making the most of the SW gale this weekend’… I did make it all the way to Eastbourne, and with me riding part of the the SDW the wrong way to find my buddies I finally clocked up 88 miles. Now I am tired.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Who's making the most of the daylight this weekend?’ is closed to new replies.