Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Who's listening to 6 music? – U2 content
  • cheers_drive

A) Good way of losing your new music credibility – invite U2 on
    B) Bono’s conceitedness has is unbelievable

I’ve switched it off

NigE5
    Free Member

Just switched it off, back on a 1pm

leffeboy

I turned it on just to be contrary and have a listen anyway. Lasted 2 mins 🙁

chiefgrooveguru

“Anyone who doesn’t like U2 isn’t trying hard enough…”

A few weeks ago I went to listen to some music on my iphone and everything had gone and had been replaced by one U2 album! So bloody annoying!

munrobiker
    Free Member

It’s on in our office. What an arrogant bunch of tossers.

We think that anyone who doesn’t like U2 simply isn’t trying hard enough

Anna-B
    Free Member

Yes slightly odd decision to have U2 on, I imagine there have been large mutual favours done. In this whole U2/iphone controversy, the thing I find most disturbing that I haven’t heard mentioned is how things can get downloaded onto devices un-invited. Apps/permissions not good! Bono still in denial and clearly sees himself as Santa giving away presents that people don’t want….

baronsamedi
    Free Member

Band past their peak say controversial stuff so people start talking about them again. It is all a bit “Smell the glove” but not nearly as funny.

Rorschach
    Free Member

Switched over to R4 as soon as LL announced they were coming on.If you look at the definition of arsehat in the dictionary there’s a photo Bonio.

boxelder

Timed my munch break. Back to it…..

RaveyDavey
    Free Member

Can’t believe these knobbers had a slot on 6M poor Lauren

redstripe
    Free Member

They’ll be having Sting on next or even Coldplay

DezB
    Free Member

new music credibility

We are talking about 6Music here?

alpin
    Free Member

what’s the difference between God and Bono?

God doesn’t walk around Dublin pretending to be Bono…

twunts.

cheers_drive

new music credibility

We are talking about 6Music here?

Name me the DAB or FM stations that has better new music and don’t just play established artists.
    I know there is far more alternative stuff out there, it’s all relative

jamj1974

Their new album isn’t that bad for a group of men in their mid-50’s…

DezB
    Free Member

Name me the DAB or FM stations that has better new music and don’t just play established artists.
    I know there is far more alternative stuff out there, it’s all relative

I’ve only ever heard about 2 new tracks on it, so much old stuff I couldn’t be bothered to listen to it.

Random connection to today’s 6Music homepage shows:

Mark Radcliffe and Stuart Maconie are joined by singer-songwriter Bryan Ferry.

6 Music Live at Maida Vale
    October 2014, James

Lauren Laverne
    Lauren is joined by U2

New music cred 😆

boxelder

It’s new music, just by old bands you may not like.
    Leonard Cohen was good to hear the other week and wouldn’t want to hear that they passed up a chance to have Neil Young on just cos he’s been round the block.

Jim-bob
    Free Member

Get thee over to KCRW on the old interweb. 6 music went down the pan around the same time time as Adam and Joe left the Saturday morning slot.

Lifer
    Free Member

Stephen?!

RustySpanner

I quite like a bit of U2.

Everything up to ‘Under A Blood Red Sky’ was excellent, as was ‘Achtung Bono Baby’.

Not mad on the rest.

Achtung Bono’s excellent too, but, it’s not by U2.

DezB
    Free Member

It’s new music, just by old bands you may not like.

I like(d) most of the old bands they play, but it’s not what I want to hear on the radio – I only commented on the supposed “new music cred”!
    You only have to look at their playlists – there’s about 4 new tracks in an hour full of oldies.

tthew

@ lifer.

‘Here!’

barkm
    Free Member

Yes slightly odd decision to have U2 on, I imagine there have been large mutual favours done. In this whole U2/iphone controversy, the thing I find most disturbing that I haven’t heard mentioned is how things can get downloaded onto devices un-invited. Apps/permissions not good! Bono still in denial and clearly sees himself as Santa giving away presents that people don’t want….

I believe it was added to everyone’s Itunes library, you would have to manually download it from there. But that’s bad enough!

Whole thing passed me by as I don’t use itunes on my iphone, but just checked, and yep it’s there in my itunes, available to download.

doh
    Free Member

They where on R2 with Jo whiley while I was doing the dishes last night. A circlefk of smugness I have never heard the likes of before.

CountZero

I’ve only ever heard about 2 new tracks on it, so much old stuff I couldn’t be bothered to listen to it.

Doves & Ravens, Lamb
    Stealing Gold, Jane Weaver
    Love Ain’t Enough, The Barr Brothers
    Stevie, Kasabian
    At The Weekend, The Drink
    Hostiles, Damon Albarn
    Palme, Ólöf Arnalds
    Castigadas En El Granero, Deers
    Be Ki Don (Cockpit Dub), Schneider TM
    Read The Rules, Virginia Wing
    Sue (Or In A Season Of Crime), David Bowie
    That Black Bat Liquorice, Jack White
    The Rainbow, Dolman
    Wake It, Rachael Dadd
    Cry, Anna Calvi
    Site And Situation, Ryan Teague,
    These are the new tracks I’ve bothered to Playlist, or had a chance to playlist, over the last few days.
    There have been plenty of others I couldn’t because it was inappropriate to get my phone out.
    There’s also plenty of new stuff that isn’t to my taste.
    And the older stuff like Dubstar, Frank Zappa, etc, is absolutely fine by me.
    Please list the ‘old stuff’ that so bores you, I only hear about half a dozen or so that get regular play.
    If you don’t listen to it, Dez, how do you know “there’s about four new tracks in an hour full of oldies”?

athgray
    Free Member
Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Who's listening to 6 music? – U2 content’ is closed to new replies.