Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • who's knocked up Poy..? Teddington or stuffy..? (Dadsnet TV content)
  • yunki
    Free Member

After a phone tapping scandal that uncovered details of the pregnancy of Show me show me star Poy Fan Lee.. Mr Tumble look-a-like Keith Fit from Gigglebiz gave the following statement to the press..

“I’ve bin impregnatin’ lasses for 20 yeers, so I kner what am talkin aboot. Champion”.

geoffj

😆

Justin Fletcher is a comedy genius. I wish he’d do some adult oriented stuff.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Justin_Fletcher

uphillcursing
    Free Member

Racist

yossarian
    Free Member

Justin Fletcher is very funny, my kids love him.

[baits hook]

They don’t like on-arm though. Dunno why.

molgrips
    Free Member

I must admit I laugh at some of Gigglebiz. Not bad for a tots show.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Justin Fletcher is a comedy genius. I wish he’d do some adult oriented stuff.

I read a recent interview with him and he said he doesn’t want to – he prefers to do children’s stuff. He did say he might move on to older kids though.

‘HELLO, I’M ARTHUR SLEEP’

Edit: Here you go….

He does the sheep noises for Timmy Time too! 🙂

uphillcursing
    Free Member

It is just that one character that offends me. If the running joke was based on the characters skin tone stereotypes it would never get passed any censor for the last twenty years. As it is based on regional stereotypes seems it is fair game. I fail to see a difference.

mintimperial

He does the sheep noises for Timmy Time too!

I did not know that. Is there no end to the man’s talents? What a star. 🙂

woody2000

I wish he’d do some adult oriented stuff

30 years ago, Gigglebiz would have been Saturday night TV.

Anyway, I don’t think it was Chris wot knocked up Pui, I think he may well play for the same team as Mr Tumble.

molgrips
    Free Member

If the running joke was based on the characters skin tone stereotypes it would never get passed any censor for the last twenty years

Are northerners considered a persecuted disadvantaged minority in the same way that non-white immigrants have been?

uphillcursing
    Free Member

Are northerners considered a persecuted disadvantaged minority in the same way that non-white immigrants have been?

Do you not remember Thatchers policies?

verses

I’ve been saying the same thing 🙂

Are you outing Mr Tumble?

woody2000

Are you outing Mr Tumble?

Yes, I think Justin Fletcher is gay. There, I’ve said it.

40+ years old, no wife or children, an obsession with children and dressing up as a woman. Hang on, does he know Gary Glitter?

😉

yunki
    Free Member

As it is based on regional stereotypes seems it is fair game. I fail to see a difference.

I don’t think that assigning a character a regional accent is quite the same thing as stereotyping.. I certainly wasn’t aware that the stereotypical Geordie was a comically bad sports enthusiast..

Should I get upset about the character with the westcountry accent..?

5thElefant
    Free Member

Should I get upset about the character with the westcountry accent..?

Caramel Bunny? Nothing to be upset about there.

Rickos
    Free Member

I reckon it was Mr. Pontipine what got her up the duff. He’s a right philanderer.

uphillcursing – I don’t think Gigglebiz is trying to suggest that all Geordies are tracksuit wearing, fuzzy haired failed sports stars. Does the Fast Show incur your wrath for Chris the crafty Cockney or the dullard Brummie that always ends his stories with “I’ll get me coat.”?

molgrips
    Free Member

I reckon it was Mr. Pontipine what got her up the duff. He’s a right philanderer.

Just waiting for the episode when we see a little purple kid in the Wattingers’ lineup.

toys19
    Free Member

1) I wish it was me who had knocked up Pui, V cute.
    2) Justin Fletcher is effing hateful I cannot stand him. As well as Timmy Time he also does one of the bloody Tweenies. The one with the nasal whiny Justin Fletcher voice.

Apparantly eh is a bit of an egomaniac, hence gigglebiz which stars him, is produced by him, filmed by him, he does all his own makeup and writes all his own gags.

The fact that this

is true, shows how utterly crap he is. Its just 30 year old saturday night tv recycled for kids.

The Fletcher and all he has touched is banned in my house.

woody2000

Rickos – I reckon you’re on to something there. 8 bloody kids, the dirty wooden b*stard. And he’s about the same size as Pui.

Stoner
    Free Member

Cat: Betty Rubble? Well, I would go with Betty… but I’d be thinking of Wilma.
    Lister: This is crazy. Why are we talking about going to bed with Wilma Flintstone?
    Cat: You’re right. We’re nuts. This is an insane conversation.
    Lister: She’ll never leave Fred, and we know it.

verses

Seen the Family Guy homage to The Flintstones?

Lois drawn as Wilma ftw!

And there we have the geekiest thing I’ve ever written…

Stoner
    Free Member

Seen the Family Guy homage to The Flintstones

No!

*runs off to youtube*

uphillcursing
    Free Member

Back to the North East accent. How many people in the professions/politics/civil service/etc. have you ever met with a NE accent? Outside of a few actors and musicians I doubt you will. I would welcome positive examples if you can think of any.

I know who impregnated Poi. I have it on good authority it was Igle Pigle. Upsidaisy is not happy.

yunki
    Free Member

Outside of a few actors and musicians I doubt you will.

I think you can hold the hit kids TV series ‘Byker Grove’ wholly responsible for that..

molgrips
    Free Member

How many people in the professions/politics/civil service/etc. have you ever met with a NE accent?

How many people have you met who’ve lost their regional accents either deliberately or otherwise? I’ve met lots, and that’s only out of the people of whose provenance I am aware.

uphillcursing
    Free Member

Mol, yes there may be many who have left their accent behind. I would question why they felt the need to do so.

Seems the Political classes can retain a Scottish accent.

verses

Prescott can’t be accused of losing his accent, and Hague still has a slight twang.

As a Yorkshireman who’s spent the last 15 years living in the south mine has faded from what it once was although it’s still obvious to those around me that “Oi aint frum ruund eere”… Dammit, now I’m being racist too!

Rickos
    Free Member

How many people in the professions/politics/civil service/etc. have you ever met with a NE accent?

In my line of work, plenty. They’re just regular people good at their jobs rather than household names, but name any ‘names’ in those fields with any accent – Brummie, Bristol, whatever. Why does it have to be all about the North East? Are you a Maccam with a chip on your shoulder or something?

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘who's knocked up Poy..? Teddington or stuffy..? (Dadsnet TV content)’ is closed to new replies.