Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Who's in pain then? This may help
  • yunki
    Free Member

I’ve been suffering low level shoulder/neck pain for the last four weeks, which has gotten worse in the evenings to the point where I’m sat here tonight on my second bottle of wine…

Been like a bear with with a sore head and slowly withdrawing as the pain has worn me out..

I’m fairly in touch with my bod so have been trying various stretches but nothing has quite hit the spot, til a local yoga teacher posted THIS vid on facebook this evening (I haven’t watched the vid btw, just read the article and checked the pics)…

BOOM! I am pretty certain that I am now gonna get a decent night’s rest 🙂

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHcIUt48T7w[/video]

chewkw
    Free Member

Try to use this to massage your back, shoulders etc …

When I had my lower back pain I used this to massage it by following the flow of the body, spine etc and after 3 days I was fine.

Start slowly with not much pressure or get someone to do it for you but watch your strength.

It must be made from certain wood and not just any wood.

Or this …

yunki
    Free Member

That is one gnarly boomerang!!

chewkw
    Free Member

yunki – Member
    That is one gnarly boomerang!!

I call it “ninja star” … 😀

I prefer this sort of shape because it fits nicely in my palm. A straight stick is not that easy to massage.

Besides, you can also use it as defensive weapon. 😈

CountZero

Besides, you can also use it as defensive weapon.

Weapon? Are you quite sure about that?

twinw4ll
    Free Member

Exercises involving external rotation can be beneficial for shoulder pain, face pulls and reverse flys are recommended.
    You can stretch all you want but a lot these type of problems are caused by muscle imbalances.

jamj1974

Well that won’t slip in all the way! No embarrassing trips to casualty for Chewk.

oldnpastit

My brother in law had ongoing chronic back pain. Turned out to be cancer 😯

chewkw
    Free Member

CountZero – Member

Besides, you can also use it as defensive weapon.

Weapon? Are you quite sure about that? [/quote]
    Yeap. A bit like knuckle duster or fist with pointy end … 😆

jamj1974 – Member
    Well that won’t slip in all the way! No embarrassing trips to casualty for Chewk.

They are massage tools so not really for poking your a-hole with unless that is your thing. 🙄

oldnpastit – Member
    My brother in law had ongoing chronic back pain. Turned out to be cancer

Obviously check with the doctor first …

globalti
    Free Member

I’m not even going to suggest seeing a physio.

Drac

I had shoulder pain for a few month, I thought it was old Injuires playing up. In the end I got some Physio through work, a lot of it was based on some of those exercises. Turns out it was all coming from my neck. Sorted within a month and now do some of them exercises if I feel my neck playing up.

yunki
    Free Member

Yeah I saw a physio last year about the other shoulder after a month on strong painkillers… He recommended a couple of those stretches..

Same problem this time but on the other side, luckily with no trapped nerve to complicate matters though..
    I’ve been trying for weeks to find the right stretch, but a quick look through those helped me hit the spot in no time..

Kind of classic presentation for a frozen shoulder.. Just as one heals the other goes as a result of bad posture, sleep position and over compensation when the first one was knackered

I’d still be on the waiting list for the physio for exactly the same result so it’s a total win IMO 🙂
    I’ll be working on strength exercises when it feels right again..

Unless it’s cancer

GrahamS

chewkw: I find the plastic massagers are better as they are easier to keep clean if you use a lot of oil.

This one even has a nice furry bit to keep your hand comfy:

chewkw
    Free Member

GrahamS – Member

chewkw: I find the plastic massagers are better as they are easier to keep clean if you use a lot of oil.

This one even has a nice furry bit to keep your hand comfy:

Ya, funny little thing you got there.

You need to demonstrate the way you use it on yourself first so I know what to do.

Please show me how you use it on yourself.

Ya, please demonstrate. 😛

GrahamS

Are you grooming me chewkw? 😕

I’m not sending you videos of me using that, no matter how many times you beg.

chewkw
    Free Member

GrahamS – Member

Are you grooming me chewkw?

I’m not sending you videos of me using that, no matter how many times you beg.

😆

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Who's in pain then? This may help’ is closed to new replies.