Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Who's had a lump in their upper abdomen?
  • ohnohesback
    Free Member

I’ve seen the GP about the lump I discovered in my upper abdomen. He said that it was ‘probably’ benign but is referring me for a hospital scan which will take some 4-6 weeks to organise. AFAIK and the doc agrees, it isn’t a hernia but “just a fatty lump”.

crikey
    Free Member

Have you thought of any names yet?

ohnohesback
    Free Member

Located about two inches below and to the right of my sternum I doubt if I’m going to make medical history! 🙂

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    crikey
    Free Member

It’s possibly just a lipoma; a kind of fatty blob that some people get almost anywhere, but I can’t rule out pregnancy I’m afraid…

zbonty

Spooky.
    I have just the same thing. Seen the GP twice. First time he said possible hernia i think. Then some kind of fatty lump.
    Its a bit odd cos as a non medical type you find a lump on the body and thats generally not a good thing. I can see it and find myself prodding it. Just weird.
    I’m actually seeing a different doc on wednesday cos its been freaking me out.
    Hopefull i won’t die.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Squeeze it?

ianm3409
    Free Member

I had one removed a month ago under a local anaesthetic. the surgeon that removed it didnt really know what it was after scan so opted to to get the knife out. He thinks after removing it it was a blocked hair folicle (like an ingrowing hair) that just kept getting bigger with no pain.
    When he removed it he showed me and was the size of the inner part of a kinder surprise!! Didnt feel anywhere near that big through the skin.

all fully healed now and back to normal.

ohnohesback
    Free Member

It doesn’t burst, it just slips from your grip. I discovered mine when I woke up one morning (sounds like the beginning of a blues song!) and felt a tender spot on my chest. I thought I’d slept badly on an old matress and had one of the springs pressing against me, but that wasn’t the case…

I doubt that I’m DOOMED…

ourmaninthenorth

Last time I saw the quack about one of these, her response was “it’s just gristle”.

Some further investgation by one (online) suggested she meant a lipoma; a benign lump of fatty cells.

I reckon I have 10-12 of them now dotted around.

ohnohesback
    Free Member

I was told that if I discovered any more lumps then I should contact the GP at once.

ourmaninthenorth

ohno – interesting. The GP I saw gave me the distinct impression of “stop wasting my time”.

I may well go and see the new one and see what she says.

ohnohesback
    Free Member

it may just be a difference of approach by the GP, or else they don’t want to worry me without due cause, there’s little anyone can do until it’s known for sure what the ‘lump’ is, though i suspect in both our cases it’s a limpoma.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Who's had a lump in their upper abdomen?’ is closed to new replies.