Viewing 40 posts - 201 through 240 (of 248 total)
  • Who's got the bestest watch?
  • TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Zedsdead – Member

humph I wanted that post. But not as much as I want a new watch.

ton

i cant tell the time……………

Zedsdead
    Free Member

Initially I was thinking this thread is quite **** – but watches really are cool things aren't they…

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Ha Zedsdead, some people on here certainly have taste. I'm honestly surprised by this thread, never expected this response, especially as it was started as a "****" joke.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

ton – Member
    i cant tell the time……………

Not a problem. It's always……

oddjob
    Free Member

Tissot T Touch titanium
    Tag Heuer F1
    Omega Speedmaster Pro
    2 Seiko 200m divers
    Suunto Core
    Bulova Astronaut
    Bunch of other less interesting things

Considering getting rid of the Seiko divers and the Tag to get one of those Oris Ti divers on the previous page

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Ton – Just ask this guy….

[URL=http://img716.imageshack.us/i/greywolfsnowz.jpg/][URL]

Ahh ****… it's a wolf.

Kuco

Personally don't get the fascination with a watch but fair play to those that do. The only reason I spent the money on my Garmin is because I found the polar foot pod useless.

Zedsdead
    Free Member

wolf?

Divagirl
    Free Member

nice collection mtt <3

johnners
    Free Member

I often judge the caliber of a new pub I go into by checking the quality of the watches on display… Good quality watches and you're in a good place, scratched on with a compass and mispelt and you know it's time to leave!

Dirtynap
    Free Member

Got a divers wtach but don't dive?

Got chronograph but never used it for timing anything useful?

Got watch that gives you world time but only go on two holidays a year and none of them to captial cities?

Got a watch that has an altimeter, barometer, count down timer, none which you will or have ever used?

Got a watch with that gives you the temperature, used it have ya, or did it just give you the temperature of your wrist?

Got watch that calculates bullet ballistics and your not a sniper?

Got a watch with tritium on the face but your not in the SAS?

If you can answer yes to any of the above then your a knob, and your watch is crap.

joolsburger
    Free Member

Got a chip on your shoulder a mile wide?
    Got an empty bank account?

jahwomble
    Free Member

"I often judge the caliber of a new pub I go into by checking the quality of the watches on display..Good quality watches and you're in a place full of tedious image obsessed middle managers, desparately trying to flaunt their middle middle class credential asshats who will bore you senseless about their watch/car/bike/microwave the best route to Reading etc".

I choose my pubs by the quality of the beer and the service frankly. 🙂

PeteG55
    Free Member

Will someone put the troll back under the bridge please?

CountZero

In answer to dirtynap, my Yema, when I bought it I used to to regularly go to the races at Castle Combe Circuit, so the stopwatch got used to time laps. My TAG I bought 'cos I wanted a tough waterproof watch for when I was biking. It's survived being bashed against treetrunks, machinery and God-knows what else. No, I don't dive, I can't swim, but the bezel has been used for timing stuff and it's a tough waterproof watch. What the hell else d'you want from a watch. Now put yer jealousy back in yer trousers, you're embarrassing yourself.

speshstumpyworks
    Free Member

Omega Seamaster chrono diver in titanium
    IWC super ocean 2000
    IWC GST deep one
    Breitling b01
    Suunto core
    and the one I wear mostly Casio G shock dw6700 ,bought around 15 years ago approx for £100 from H Samuels and has had only 2 batteries and been from Everest to Kilimanjaro but never been on Ben Nevis yet.

TatWink
    Free Member

Watches are great.

If I was minted then I would collect them.

The only jewellery a man should wear IMO.

dlongman
    Free Member

I've got an Omega Seamaster,and I can honestly say that it is the worst watch I have ever bought. It just doesn't keep the right time, it's always either too fast or too slow. I like the look of it and since it cost so much money I feel I should keep using it but my old G-Shock was a much better watch. Plus you have to get this one serviced every 3-5 years for the princely some off £300 or so!!

CountZero

Servicing costs for quality watches are, indeed, a bitch.

chewkw
    Free Member

Seiko automatic for me.

🙂

martinxyz
    Free Member

Dirtynap.. some folk above have a few of those functions in their watches.aviemorons breitling has a few.

The thing is, he didnt buy the watch.. he was awarded it.Doing something that you or your parents might have benefited from a long time ago.

Dirtynap
    Free Member

Not sure what any ones point is. All I am saying is why do people own watches with lots of silly pointless functions on them that they don't use and assume they must be the best.

I was given a Patek-Philippe with an annual calender. Its not the best simply becuase it only looks good if you dressed up, but does everything a watch should do. Its the only watch I have becuase my phone does everything I need.

oddjob
    Free Member

The nice thing about watches is that that nobody really notices as a general rule. It's not about willy waving, it's about owning something that makes you happy (not entirely unlike expensive bikes or at least road bikes)

I don't really care if anyone thinks I'm a knob for having more thamn one watch or a watch that does more than telling the time. That is like saying that anyone with a car that will do more than 70mph has wasted their money or whatever odd definition of pointlessness you wish to roll out this time 🙂

Rusty-Shackleford
    Free Member

I was given a Patek-Philippe with an annual calendar.

Really? That's a VERY generous gift. It seems odd to bestow it upon someone who doesn’t appear to 'get' the watch thing…

molgrips
    Free Member

Lol @ iDave 🙂

Rubber_Buccaneer

I just got a cheap tatoo of a watch on my wrist. Reminds me of a time in my life 🙄

midlifecrashes

I wear a G-Shock for most days, Swatch Irony for with a suit, and if I need an alarm I can hook my 1812 English pocket watch up to this:

fivelittlefish
    Free Member

meesterbond

Rusty Shackleford – Member
    Really? That's a VERY generous gift. It seems odd to bestow it upon someone who doesn’t appear to 'get' the watch thing…

The Patek 5146P is one of my favourite watches… an absolutely gorgeous piece… Some pictures would be nice.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Tiger6791

I suspect this is a wind up…
    boom boom geddit 🙂

Divagirl
    Free Member

very nice fivelittlefish

finbar
    Free Member

I've got a moderately nice watch (Casio Edifice Gold label) and i bastard well chipped the face last week when i accidentally belted it on a rock. Gah. This is why i should stick to £10 digital ones.

Woody
    Free Member

fivelittlefish

I do like that Heuer and the styling is way superior to the rather (over)stylised Tag successors, although I do like the Monaco . I had a Carrera same as below which I stupidly let go on Ebay years ago for <£150 to an Austrian. 😥

Whos_Daddy
    Free Member

Stainless Steel Rolex Daytona here, just like this just with a black face…….. 😆

http://www.rolex.com/en#/rolex-watches/cosmograph-daytona/cosmograph-daytona-40mm-steel-m116520-0016/

sslowpace
    Free Member

This hilarious thread has piqued my interest in getting a nice watch again.
    Are there any reccomendations for a good new/vintage/pre-owned website that isn't too mental on the prices. I might just get that Monaco chronograph yet….

chipps

I was in a huge electronics shop in Japan, full of very fancy and expensive watches. I walked round looking at them all until I found one that I liked, and which was the most legible. Turned out to be this one – and I'm super happy with it (apart from going through a strap every eight months)

stevenieve
    Free Member

Missus bought this for me as an engagement present

donsimon
    Free Member

What's this one? I like… 😀

Viewing 40 posts - 201 through 240 (of 248 total)

The topic ‘Who's got the bestest watch?’ is closed to new replies.