Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 248 total)
  • Who's got the bestest watch?
  • Tiger6791

Omega Speedmaster Day Date and a tiny cock, oh well

Tiger6791

oh and for the very dull, before we get the I don't need an expensive watch or a good car 'cos my Skoda & Casio is ace.

Halfords do a great range of Apollo & Trax Bikes starting at £89

Simples!

Torminalis
    Free Member

Spending a grand on a watch rarely increases the functionality over a £50 one so a comparison with Apollo bikes is not a fair one.

I find I always end up losing my watch when I have a w**k in a strange place as I end up taking it off and putting it down somewhere.

Edric64
    Free Member

I have a **** in a strange place as I end up taking it off and putting it down somewhere.

That's the trouble with strap ons -forgetting where you put them

clipper68
    Free Member

Citizen titanium chronograph eco-drive, citizen automatic mechanical divers and a seiko chronograph.

Love them all, especially the sweeping second hand on the divers watch.

TheFunkyMonkey
    Free Member

Got a few.

10 yr old titainium animal I use for work everyday. Been though about 6 straps now.

Nice rectangular Polished steel raymond weil saxo I use for going out. It's really thin and hardly feels like you're wearing it.

A fake breitling bentley lemans that a proper dealer didn't spot, even after handling it! Auto mech and perfect crown too. But it's **** HUGE! My dad bought it when he ordered a continental gt drop head. Wanted to try one out as it was a 4k option with the car! Died before the car was delivered though, cancer.

A nice basic tag he left me, matt steel, black face. Not sure of the model, very understated and classy. Was his everyday watch.

He also left me a full gold rolex oyster perpetual. It's in really perfect condition, about 25 years old now. Feels like it weighs about 500 grams, real gentlemans watch if worn correctly. Unfortunately I can't pull it off for another 20yrs I reckon. I'd just look like a gangsta!

donsimon
    Free Member

Dress watch, work watch, play watch.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Torminalis – Wear it on the opposite wrist to the hand you use and marvel at its greatness as you climax, obviously.

qwerty
    Free Member

Tag Heuer Formula 1 brought in 1989 and used every day, still going strong (numerous new straps, 1 bezel, 1 face glass, 1 service, numerous batteries !!!

the watch cost £85 and a new bezel was £65 last year !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kuco

Blackberry free from work. It can even make phone calls 😉

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

In keeping with don of the simons…

It's murder trying to find cuffs that'll go over it. I've been forced into Laurence LLewellyn Bowen type shirts because of it 🙂

Tiger6791

Spending a grand on a watch rarely increases the functionality over a £50 one so a comparison with Apollo bikes is not a fair one.

I find I always end up losing my watch when I have a w**k in a strange place as I end up taking it off and putting it down somewhere.

I think your missing the point, functionality is probably worse as it drops time.

Torminalis
    Free Member

functionality is probably worse as it drops time

Eh?

sofaking
    Free Member

this is my work watch

this is my biking watch

iamtheresurrection

Could the penis police try and consider that some people like nice watches because they think they look nice? I know that's a bit of a let down for you.

Tiger6791

functionality is probably worse as it drops time

Drops about 15 seconds every week

I like my watch it's mechanical, I think it's amazing that its all cogs and gears and no battery. I could buy a cheaper more accurate Casio but I don't want one.

I like my boat it's wooden and needs varnishing/paining/repairing every year I could buy a GRP boat it would be better I suppose but I don't want one.

I liked (it died) my Mercian bike it was steel and handmade and wobbled like jelly at 40mph. I could buy an alloy Giant it would be better I suppose however I don't want to. I want another Mercian

I like my old Land Rover, the radiator needs topping up before each drive, it's slow but I like it. I could buy a Nissan but I don't want to.

See where I'm going here

Kuco

Actually I do own a watch.

Torminalis
    Free Member

Drops about 15 seconds every week

Sorry, I didn't understand which watch you were referring to in dropping time.

Surely, if your expensive watch doesn't keep time very well then it is much more akin to jewellery? 😉

Tiger6791

Surely, if your expensive watch doesn't keep time very well then it is much more akin to jewellery?

Yes it's okay though as I'm gay with a tiny cock, voted for George Bush and had tea with Slobodan Miloševi?'s advisor.

Edric64
    Free Member

Many of these watches look like expensive jewels and not very outdoorsy.Fine if you are suited and booted or dress to impress frequently. Probably not the best for scruffy mtber,caver ,climber sorts

Tiger6791

I also stick forks into kittens when I'm bored

donsimon
    Free Member

Yes it's okay though as I'm gay with a tiny cock, voted for George Bush and had tea with Slobodan Miloševi?'s advisor.

Really?

Edric64
    Free Member

Yes it's okay though as I'm gay with a tiny cock
    At least you wont hurt anyone then 😯

Torminalis
    Free Member

Ahw come on, I did the winky thing and everything. We all have our jewellery, I could just never get the swing of watches as I'm such a w**ker.

Tiger6791

At least you wont hurt anyone then 😯

Funniest post ever

the-muffin-man

These seem to be the latest craze at my workplace….

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Nothing wrong with a nice watch. As long as the wearer accepts it's an item of jewellery.

I like simple, classic watches. That just tell the time.

Stick a nice leather strap on this one, and it's as nice as any expensive one.

This one's a good design if you have to hold a steering wheel/handlebars.

For every day, something that tells the time is all I need. Waterproof for swimming. That's why I use a £12.99 one from Decathlon.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Omega seamaster, plant ocean, orange bezel and orange croc strap! Never seen an orange croc mind!!

wrightyson
    Free Member

Elfin why's that face on the pyss. That for swimming as your arm comes over in the front crawl position??

KT1973
    Free Member

If I were to get a nice watch (which I have been considering lately) I would like an Audemars Royal Oak, an IWC Portuguese or a Patek Phillipe Calatrava, but they're all too bloody expensive.

surfer
    Free Member

Tag Heuer Formula 1 brought in 1989 and used every day, still going strong (numerous new straps, 1 bezel, 1 face glass, 1 service, numerous batteries !!!

Streuth Qwerty! Mrs Surfer bought me a blue one in 1991 when I graduated! for the princely sum of 140pds. It keeps far better time than my Oris which she bought me many years later. Fantastic piece of kit that I will never part with.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

It's a pilot's watch apparently. Designed with the face at a 45 degree angle so the pilot can see the time without taking their hands off the steery thingy. I like the simplicity of it.

What is the steery thingy on a 'plane called?

A bloke I used to know had a broken TAG. Big flashy thing. I asked him why he wore it, and he said it was to impress the ladies.

If I was a lady, I'd avoid a bloke who wore a broken watch. Dunno why, call it Female Intuition.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I have a late '30s Schwarz Geneve. The history of the watch and the original owner are what really makes it. I'm proud to be able to wear it.

Stainypants

Tiger6791 I've got the same one its going back for 4th time to Omega as its died completely again. Mind you i do MTB, Garden, scramble, sleep with it on.

Of course a £1300 watch is Jewellery but to be honest it's a lot more more subtle than than +£4000 bikes that a lot of people ride on here and for most of them the "functionality" won't be any better than a bike that significantly cheaper.

hora
    Free Member

I own a Suunto X6 and have owned it for circa 7yrs. Its been through about 6 straps and I still loved the battered thing 😀

wrightyson
    Free Member

Elfin think it's called a yoke?? Or is it tiller, I that boats? Stainy pants what probs you had with the omega??

Harry_the_Spider

Omega Seamaster – Present off my wife that my son can have in 70 years when i'm dead.

G-Shock – Wear it where I wouldn't take the Omega.

I like 'em and couldn't give a rat's ass what anyone else thinks.

joolsburger
    Free Member

It is more than jewellery I think, although it is that too I admit. A nice mechanical watch is just a cool thing, a device, something created by a person, not banged out by a machine but made by hand with care and attention. Also as machines go a mechanical watch is a marvel of precision and accuracy, not compared to quartz but compared to other mechanical devices. Man hours are why they cost money and a well made one could last centuries. I quite like that that's why mine's not a Casio.

nicko74

Darcy – I want one of those 310XTs to replace my 405 Forerunner. Not cause I need one, just cause it's clearly better!

But day to day, I have an Omega Seamaster Aqua Terra. Love it.

LycraLout
    Free Member

G-Shock – solar powered, radio signals, stopwatch, timer, multi time zones, alarm, lights up when you look at it, waterproof, virtually indestructable (all the usual crap, but smacked it off a marble bar top one night when pissed, with a point to prove, slight chip to face surround), configurable display, blah blah, blah. it's brilliant.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 248 total)

The topic ‘Who's got the bestest watch?’ is closed to new replies.