Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Who's getting a new Xbox?
  • aphex_2k
    Free Member

Me!

Recently bought a new Tv that does 4k and hdr and decided its time to ditch the ps3 (which I’ve only had a couple of years). Been a while since I bought a new console on release day. Forza 7 and one of those pew pew shooty games should keep me going. Quite excited actually!

Drac

Nope!

PS4 Pro Fanboi!

MrPottatoHead

Nope. After many years of being an avid gamer I just can’t get excited enough about the new game releases to justify it. It’s going to take something very special to make me make the jump to the new console, rather than just another rehash of some tired franchises.

GlennQuagmire
    Free Member

I can’t decide on the PS4 or the Xbox…but I will be getting one or the other 🙂

chrisdw
    Free Member

😆

Jamie
    Free Member

The problem for the Xbox is the lack of exclusives. I am sure it will look all whizzy on a nice TV, tho.

Xbox: GOW4, Sunset Overdrive, Ori and the Blind Forest (Also PC), Forza, Halo erm?

PS4: Last Of Us, Uncharted, Bloodborne, Yakuza, Nioh, Horizon: Zero Dawn, No Man’s Sky, Gravity Rush 2The Last Guardian etc

…as for upcoming, there’s nothing. I have had both consoles, and both have their strengthsm but it’s a rather stark situation for MS to have the best hardware with the X (or at least most powerful), but no exclusive IP.

Cougar

Not me. Its sole purpose appears to be 4K gaming, which would mean replacing a perfectly good high-end-a-few-years-back 42″ telly and an amp that supports HDMI 2.0. That’s easily North of a grand.

I can’t decide on the PS4 or the Xbox…but I will be getting one or the other

Go with whichever most of your friends have. Online gaming FTW.

Jamie
    Free Member

Go with whichever most of your friends have

I just get whichever one has the games I most want to play.

But then I don’t play online….but then not everyone does.

prawny

Not me either, I’m thinking about treating us to a PS3 to replace the PS2 we’ve got in the living room at the moment.

P-Jay
    Free Member

Nope, the Son’s Xbox S is still witchcraft as far as I’m concerned and we’re not getting 4K until this TV is dead (might not be long, the speakers are starting to rattle, but only when we use Apple TV which is odd).

Can’t wait for Red Dead Redemption 2!

Cougar

You and me both.

LMT
    Free Member

All the 4K games run on the standard ps4/xb1 so will wait until the next gen ps5 or xb2 it’s not about graphics but game play, just finished zelda on the switch now that’s an awesome game!

Drac

You and me both.

[/quote]

Aren’t we all.

Except for PC gamers. 😆

deserter
    Free Member

Days gone(possibly the most excited I’ve been about a game in a long time)is the only thing that needs mentioning as far as ps4 vs xbox, shame really as I prefer xbox console but playstation are leaving them for dead games wise

mogrim

Just got a PS3, let me get bored with that first 😀

Poopscoop

Not gamed in many moons but was an avid PC gamer back in the day.

Are the latest consoles just upscaling to 4k these days or is it a genuine processed output?

It was always a point of contention years back wasn’t it, about the true resolution output of consoles?

That said, yes, it’s all about the game play and what system your fiends are on really I suppose.

Jamie
    Free Member

Are the latest consoles just upscaling to 4k these days or is it a genuine processed output?

PS4 Pro and Xbox X = 4K output

Cougar

The latter with the PS4 Pro (AFAIK) and One X, that’s their raison d’etre.

twonks

Hardcore gaming lost me when my competition pro joystick became obsolete 😆

Can sort of manage a few extra buttons for combos on fighting & driving games, but 1st person shooters have me staring at the sky and walking in circles 😆

seosamh77
    Free Member

Jamie – Member
    PS4 Pro and Xbox X = 4K output

So new games that come out will be always compatible with the old ps4 and xbox?

timbob78
    Free Member

Well… like a few people no doubt I bought an Xbox 360 after the Ps2 and then subsequently the Xbox one, and I can’t honestly see a good reason to invest in Xbox onex. Maybe if I had a 4k TV. I was hoping to see something special after E3 but alas I am not convinced

aphex_2k
    Free Member

OK so makes sense if you don’t have a 4k tv to stick with what you have. I still have my PS2 and wont get rid of my 3 as I have too many games on disc
    (actual discs not on the HDD).

CoD / Battlefield / Battlefront look great to me, Forza 7 and maybe another driving game. Oh and FIFA perhaps. That’d keep me going for a bit. Must say Forza 7 looks stunning.

P-Jay
    Free Member

So new games that come out will be always compatible with the old ps4 and xbox

So they say.

PS Pro and Xbox X aren’t next gen machines, they’re upgraded current ones. 4K plus higher frame rates in some cases, but you need the TV to use ‘em.

I’ve also read that there’s a chance this might be the last ‘generation’ of console, they’ll still bring out new ones every couple of years but they’ll be based on the same infrastructure so play the same games, like PC gaming really. Could be total BS though.

BigEaredBiker
    Free Member

Chrisdw

😆

donks
    Free Member

Can I just hijack this as there are many learned consol types on here…
    Yesterday I had to download the latest update software for our PS4 via a memory stick as we could not get access onto the PS4 for some reason. I was aware that all of the content saved on the hard drive would be wiped and would need re-installation so we did the disc games and then the internet down loaded ones next and it’s these we can’t access? It now tells me these are already downloaded and installed and we must purchase as new.

I thought something like this would happen but hoped it would be ok as it’s the same machine and not another (game sharing etc) so why does the software not read the unique PS4 I’d number like our software at work on the computers?
    I’m stuck now and the kids are getting tetchy…. I downloaded off the PS4 game store as I couldn’t find these on the machine anywhere.
    What am I doing wrong?

chrisdw
    Free Member

Tbf. Thats about right in reality.

stevehine

Donks – you might have to reactivate it as your primary console; You can only tie your psn account to one at a time.

Otherwise you need to run the gauntlet of Sony’s support – I’ve heard mixed tales
    ; Though I’m sure it’s a common enough issue that they can sort it quickly

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Who's getting a new Xbox?’ is closed to new replies.