Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Who's feeling rough?
  • wrightyson
    Free Member

A near 5am finish for me and for some reason I feel pretty good. Ours and inlaw kids up happily playing xbox, all other adults asleep! I’m tidying up feeling ok, no doubt it’ll kick in later…..

mogrim

Feeling rough here, but that’s more due to a stinking cold than anything else.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

*waves hand*

*necks pills*

*mutters*

wanmankylung
    Free Member

Not at all. Just about to head out on the bike.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Nope. In bed for 11, only had a beer and a whisky. I hate the idea do starting off the year with a hangover.

fd3chris
    Free Member

No beer and for the first time ever I didn’t stay up to see it in due to suffering from huge man flu and not having slept in three days

ThePinkster

Feeling fine here, probably helped by being sober all night and being in bed by 11.

Mind you I’ve only drunk 4 glasses of wine & 1 bottle of beer since 24/12 anyway.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I predict wrightyson will hit the wall around 11am!.

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

No hangover just chronic sleep deprivation! I had a couple of (albeit strong) beers last night and a good dram for the bells.

mitsumonkey
    Free Member

Feeling pretty fine.
    It’s the first new years day in 24 years I’ve not had a hangover and it feels good.

Now to self 5 pints is your new limit.

mattbee

Two bottles of Rioja with dinner then around 3/4 of a bottle of Tallisker.
    Head is banging, but it’s a good incentive to start my dry January!

midlifecrashes

morning. no capitals please, my head hurts.

Nope, but I bloody well should do.

*Looks suspiciously at the day to come

breadcrumb

Stayed sober last night, I feel a lot better for it too.

I did over indulge the other night though, which helped me not want to get boozy.

I might try this dry for January, I reckon post-puffer pint will be hard to resist though.

willard

Hahahahahahahahaha

Despite a 1am finish I feel fine, thanks to not drinking. Mind you, I have just appreciated a lovely cup of coffee and I am sure that I will do the same thing again in a while before a bike ride.

Happy new year to the lot of you!

rmgdsc76
    Free Member

Kids playing lego, head banging, stomach on the edge. Centre parcs tomorrow..whoop. Anyone done a alcohol free year? Did you feel any better?

bikebouy
    Free Member

I’ve almost cut out beer, it’s a ridiculous admission I know but last night I had 2.5 pints of a succulent offering from the Flower Pots in deepest Hampshire. Pastures Old was conceived as a deep winter warming beer and by God it hit the spot.
    So I’m feeling great actually, have to admit walking across the fields home last night was a bit “floaty” but this morning I feel sparkling.

Laying off the beer has its ups, when you do have a ,pint or two you certainly enjoy it.

HNY 😀

LeeW

Just finished 3×20 minute intervals on the turbo, fugged, totally fugged. Apart from that I’m ok.

lemonysam
    Free Member

Piss holes in the snow.

crossland
    Free Member

Fine here, been out for a warm but breezy 5.5 miles running round the cotswolds. Getting ready to go visit some friends.

duncancallum

I’m woozy could be the vast quantity of shiraz and port.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Got em all up Bacon and sausage is on, 9 to feed! Wife is struggling big time, she is gonna bail very soon…

teasel
    Free Member

Feeling better than I envisioned. A 2am finish, fairly tipsy but straight to bed and up at 7:30 for a blast up to Whiteleaf Cross via road for a…er…blast on a nice little doobie.

Just prepared a chocolate fondant mix for later and about to chop some cauliflower for the au gratin just so’s I can see if a spork is, indeed, the best utensil for demolishing said dish.

**** your hangovers in the face and ride…!

Spin
    Free Member

I feel like a pig shat in my head.

binners

I feel like I’ve been hit by a train! Started late afternoon yesterday, after a big walk, and didn’t stop til the early hours. I’m too old for this!

Mrs Binners is presently cooking a full breaky though, and tre United game kicks off in 20 minutes 😀

chrishc777
    Free Member

Feeling fine here despite the laphroaig, beer and rum last night, as soon as I can come up with a route that stays out of this horrific wind I’ll be out testing my new rad cage!

bwfc4eva868
    Free Member

Nope, slight headache. Food and three pints of water and it will be gone. Had two bottles of red.

simmy
    Free Member

Starving.

Just got back from a breezy 25 mile road ride.

I was in bed for 11.40 last night after having a small Jack D & Coke and loads of Pepsi Max. That’s only second drink I’ve had all Xmas.

In answer to the questions above reference giving up alcohol, it was the best thing I’ve done. Those 2 drinks I had over the holidays will be the last till my birthday in April. It got to the stage where I was drinking every night and not just a pint or 2, I was on the whiskey.

My mate christened me the Exorcist as I made all his spirits disappear 😀

I just hit it on the head and stopped completely. Pepsi Max is my tipple now. Boring I know but I feel so much better.

bearnecessities

Feel like Spin hit me with his shitting pig.

badnewz
    Free Member

Ive pretty much done my dry January in December – I don’t like all the part-time drinkers that time of year. Saying that I do feel better so will try to limit the drinking binges to once a fortnight in 2015 – as opposed to twice a week.

Feel ok today but the overcast weather puts me off going out.

rob2
    Free Member

Reasonably ok. Few gins then bed. Out on the quantocks at 7.40 – tops were in the clouds so really eerie like something in bound of the baskervilles.

Had to do a very bad poo in the woods though. Someone might think there is a very poorly animal out there

MoreCashThanDash

Only one glass of champagne last night, bed by 2am. Feeling good, back has loosened a bit after 5 days of being on tbe edge of completely locking up.

Washed the snow/grit/motorway crap off both cars without upsetting my back, caught up with a few friends and neighbours while out on the drive, seriously considering a gentle pootle this afternoon to test my back before maybe commuting tomorrow.

Roast pork for lunch is smelling amazing too!

2015 looking peachy from here right now.

binners

Ryan Shawcross has just made me feel considerably worse! 🙁

winston
    Free Member

Got in at 4 after having a traditional Spanish fish feast followed by quite a lot of Harveys.

Rest of the family is all ahoo but I’ve just polished off a full English and a lake of tea so feel fine.

Probably going for a dry month now and we’ll see where that takes me fitness wise – if significant improvement might try longer

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

I feel much better now 🙂

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWUFS1oIBL0[/video]

Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)

The topic ‘Who's feeling rough?’ is closed to new replies.