• This topic has 31 replies, 31 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by Haze.
Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Whos eaten at a Jamies resturant ?
  • unfitgeezer
    Free Member

Anyone ?

http://www.jamieoliver.com/italian/

what was it like ?

wilko1999
    Free Member

Yes, the one in Bath. Food was good, atmosphere was good, staff were good – on the whole – good! I would go again.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Yes many times at Jamie’s Italian. Not bad. They’ve lost their freshness now as the chain’s been running a while but as chain restaurants go it’s ok. I’ve eaten at his more fancy meat place in London nr St Pauls and was pretty underwhelmed.

wwaswas

I’ve used the Brighton one a few times. Sometimes with the children, sometimes with just my wife.

The sliced meat starters are pricey for what you get, the rest of the menu’s pretty good and value’s not bad.

Joan Bakewell was at the next table last time we eat there, which was nice…

Houns

Yeah at a few , mainly Brum, it’s ok, better around but not bad for a ‘chain’

dooosuk
    Free Member

Eaten in two Jamies Italian restaurants (Bath and Manchester).

Food just all right in both. Nothing to shout about really.

The Manchester building (old HSBC bank) is worth a visit though.

TheOtherJamie
    Free Member

I’ve eaten at his more fancy meat place in London nr St Pauls and was pretty underwhelmed.

On the contrary I went just after it opened and thought it was excellent.

seosamh77
    Free Member

Been to the one in Glasgow, was alright, been to better restaurants though.

iolo
    Free Member

Yes, in Reading. Was ok. I went three times. First time I paid and then was taken there for meetings.
    It’s not amazing and not so cheap with wine. I personally would’t go back.

z1ppy

Yes again in Brum, it wasn’t bad, but it wasn’t spectacular either. Didn’t seem too stupidly priced, and I’ve eaten is more expensive/worse places. G/f likes it a lot, and is happy to use it & TBH I’d be happy to go back too.

bigjim

Been to the edinburgh one as its over the road from the office, very average but prices are average so can’t complain too much. The one in oxford was better though it was a few years ago.

Shibboleth
    Free Member

Dined at the Manchester one, the building is stunning but the food was mediocre. I’m not a fan of that contrived shambolism (I think I’ve invented a new word there, perhaps a shibbolism…) where the waiters seem to be at pains to appear like they’re rushing round, bumping into each other and generally acting all pally and “bish-bash-bosh”.

I get that that’s his schtick, but I don’t want my antipasto misto served on an empty, upturned catering tin of olives!

geoffj

The one at LGW north terminal is very average.

jamiep
    Free Member

I LOVE his beer

GrahamS

Tried the Glasgow one.

It was alright – decent food – but nothing amazing.
    Like an upmarket Bella Italia really with some fake mateyisms thrown in.

The napkins are worth nicking though. 😈

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I’ve eaten at the Bristol one and had really good meals both times. It was fairly aggressively priced though.

This being STW, I’d expect overwhelming levels of underwhelmedness.

jfletch
    Free Member

Had a nice meal at the one in Liverpool. Not too pricey for what you get, decent grub, but it is still a chain restaurant so don’t expect a unique dining experience.

tpbiker
    Free Member

Went to the edinburgh one once, never again. Worst meal I’ve paid for that I can remember. Avoid.

wordnumb
    Free Member

I haven’t eaten at Jamie’s Italian, partly because the phenomena of TV chefs still confounds me, but mostly because everyone I know who has eaten there has said they could have done with a bit more on the plate.

PaulGillespie
    Free Member

Edinburgh one too…very underwhelmed. I won’t be going back.

Yup – in York. Both Mrs STR and I were very satisfied with it.

Nick

I’ve been to the one in Bath twice, both times the food was good. It’s not what I would call good value though.

Went to the one in Liverpool, it was terrible. None the clams in my boil in the bag pasta dish opened and it took them ages to sort it out, plus it was roasting hot in the place.

crankboy
    Free Member

I have eaten in the Leeds one a few times. The food was very good as in the standard you aim to for decent Home cooking. The staff were nice and very accommodating when we have taken our toddler.

alpin
    Free Member

i would be interested to know how much of the food is freshly prepared and how much of it is pre-heated.

i worked for a few months at some Tapas bar, maybe it was called Tapas, but it too was a chain. the glorified “chefs” there were just heater-uppers (from the palella to the meat balls). each meal was ready prepared, the bag was split open and the contents heated up.

joe public were none the wiser and were mostly happy.

easygirl

I would hope that everything is prepared fresh at jaimies
    Please dont prove me wrong

cbike
    Free Member

Salty.

edhornby

Sorry easygirl, every restaurant has premade stuff somewhere on the menu in one form or another…. fillet Steak and veg are the few things that you can’t get away with pre-prep

theotherjonv

Guildford a few times. I thought it was a bit above average, but the wife thought food was a bit salty, which was interesting given cbike’s comment.

ransos
    Free Member

Bristol, last Saturday. Appalling service and terrible food! Having arrived at 8pm, we got our main course at 9.50. The steak was overcooked and the chips close to burnt. Portions also very small considering it cost nearly £20. I would’ve sent the lot back had I not been there for a friend’s birthday.

cheers_drive

Jamie’s is average food but price not too bad, atmosphere isn’t that great though. Would go there for an intimate meal for too,might be OK in a large group. Think of it as a slightly nicer Pizza Express.
    River cafe canteen easily wins the battle of celebrity chef restaurant chains.

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

Eaten at the York one also, it was ok, but would rather save a few pennies and go to pizza express round the corner which I personally think is better value.

Haze

Birmingham, underwhelmed.

Lunch was better in a place just down from the Que Club, The Annexe.

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)

The topic ‘Whos eaten at a Jamies resturant ?’ is closed to new replies.