• This topic has 147 replies, 55 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by grum.
Viewing 28 posts - 121 through 148 (of 148 total)
  • Who's downloading ios5 at the moment then…
  • GrahamS

Don’t really see the point of calendar and mail syncing through iCloud, but then I never saw the point of doing it through MobileMe either.

AlexSimon

Am I being thick? Can someone tell me how to access Safari’s new ‘Reader’ on iphone.
    I want to test my websites on it.

matthewlhome
    Free Member

Only thing I can’t find an update for is iPhoto, which isn’t listed in software update as installed software, for some reason.

There isnt an update, you need to purchase iPhoto ’11. Another £10 expenditure to go with the £21 for lion to make all the new ‘free’ ios 5 features work. grumble grumble.

GrahamS

Can someone tell me how to access Safari’s new ‘Reader’ on iphone.

Bookmarks->Reading List

theroadwarrior
    Free Member

Am I being thick? Can someone tell me how to access Safari’s new ‘Reader’ on iphone.
    I want to test my websites on it

You click the ‘Reader’ button that appears in the address bar.. thing is it doesnt always appear, so I assume safari makes some sort of decision based on the content if it should show the button or not, dont know what this is though.

AlexSimon

Thanks theroadwarrior I still haven’t found a site it appears with yet – can you give me a url?

GrahamS

Oh if you just want to add a site to the reader then just press the Action button like it says (the box with the arrow coming out of it).

If you want a site with full reader capability try Lifehacker.

AlexSimon

Graham S – the ‘Reader’ isn’t the ‘Reading List’, it’s a stripped down version of pages (nearly the same as stripping the CSS file, but it also strips other things). To make complex desktop-designed web pages easier to read on the phone. I still haven’t found it.

Milkie
    Free Member

50Gb Free Cloud Storage for life…

Already filled the 5Gb iCloud Storage!

toppers3933
    Free Member

i am iClouded up to the maxx.
    i was using the equation;

user error+uncharicteristically vague instruction+early night x 0 = fail

GrahamS

Graham S – the ‘Reader’ isn’t the ‘Reading List’, it’s a stripped down version of pages (nearly the same as stripping the CSS file, but it also strips other things). To make complex desktop-designed web pages easier to read on the phone. I still haven’t found it.

yeah realised that after I posted. Try http://m.lifehacker.com
    That adds the Reader button in the address bar for me.

toppers3933
    Free Member

(edit) ignore this post. that is all!

AlexSimon

Try http://m.lifehacker.com
    That adds the Reader button in the address bar for me.

Hmmm – not for me. I guess something’s up. Rebooting phone.

theroadwarrior
    Free Member

Thanks theroadwarrior I still haven’t found a site it appears with yet – can you give me a url?

I was reading stories on http://www.pistonheads.com yesterday and the reader button appeared.

GrahamS

Hmmm – not for me. I guess something’s up. Rebooting phone.

You might need to go to an actual story rather than just the main page.

Netdonkey

http://www.bbbc.co.uk/mobile

click on a story, reader button appears

Knew I had seen is somewhere

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Not getting this notifications lark to work (which is annoying because I wold use it if it did work properly).

I have put appointments into my calendar but they are not all appearing in notifications – I have set it to show and it shows ONE but no more (and I have it set to show 10). And when I alter them they don’t appear correctly.

I am hoping this is a bug to be fixed quickly.

(I use Google Apps Calendar and have it set to update the Phone calendar and it appears in the phone calendar but NOT in notifications).

This is going to annoy me.

bruneep
    Drac

Reader magic gubbins on here too

Singletrack Magazine Issue 69 Cover and Contents

GrahamS

Big List of ALL the new features

Just found the Dictionary: select a word in Mail or Safari then click Define for a dictionary definition.

Gary_M
    Free Member

Week view on Calendar: For iPhone & iPod

The week view doesn’t show on my iphone 4 – anyone esle see it.

Tried location based reminders yesterday – set one up for home whcih worked, the one I set up for tesco didn’t.

jam-bo

Tried location based reminders yesterday

I tried some location based reminders that worked but the downside seems to be the GPS is kept on all the time.

week view is the rotated view in calendar

Gary_M
    Free Member

Ah found that now.

Yeh noticed GPS was ‘always on’.

grievoustim
    Free Member

Ooooooh – just noticed that I can now use any ringtone for my “text tone” – which means you can now use home made ones. Pretty sure that’s new – certainly couldn’t do it last time I tried

grum
    Free Member

I’m going in – wish me luck.

AlexSimon

Thanks all – found that ‘reader’ button now. It even works on all my own sites once you drill down to text-heavy pages. Doesn’t seem to work on anyone’s homepage.

GrahamS

I’m going in – wish me luck.

*salutes brave grum*

grum
    Free Member

Cheers GrahamS.

Piece of piss – you all should have waited as long as me :smug: 😀

Viewing 28 posts - 121 through 148 (of 148 total)

The topic ‘Who's downloading ios5 at the moment then…’ is closed to new replies.