• This topic has 147 replies, 55 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by grum.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 148 total)
  • Who's downloading ios5 at the moment then…
  • clipper68
    Free Member

Perhaps should have left it until tomorrow. Slowed to a crawl. Probably a billion other people are doing the same. hmmm

tragically1969
    Free Member

Yup, i am, reeeeeeaaaalllllyyyyyy ssssslooooowwwww download though, its using microsoft minutes to calculate time left i.e. 22 mins left for the last 4 minutes

jockhaggis
    Free Member

Me!

Just happened to plug in to charge at 6pm and clicked update without thinking.

400MB to go and 52 minutes remaining apparently.

Think I’ll cancel and try again tomorrow.

gee
    Free Member

Slowed to a crawl then crashed and gave up.

warton
    Free Member

me, its slooooow

Markie
    Free Member

Woohoo, thanks for the reminder… A billion and one in just a second!

mrblobby
    Free Member

Downloading a gigabyte of OS X and iTunes updates, once done with that I’ll do iOS 5. This could take a while!

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

i wasn’t until i saw this thread… 132 of 774mb so far…

godzilla
    Free Member

SHOOSH, stop telling people it will go slower….

Drac

Think’ll wait then.

JulianA
    Free Member

80 minutes remaining – hang on, it was 77 minutes left a couple of minutes ago!

EDIT – and then it timed out! Oh joy. iOS 5 may not be ours today after all.

warton
    Free Member

mines still chugging along, 10 mins left. Imagine the size of apples servers

warton
    Free Member

wow thats suddenly gone fast, all downloaded…

gee
    Free Member

At the restore stage now. Nearly there!

CHB

me…two hours to go.

warton
    Free Member

At the restore stage now. Nearly there!

my restore failed….got everything on the phone but no ios5. bollox

jockhaggis
    Free Member

Third crash. Given up.

Enjoy the additional bandwidth people. 😉

Netdonkey

Couldn’t it have been backing up my phone whilst downloading…

brakes
    Free Member

340/668 68 mins left, been going about an hour.
    :twiddles thumbs:

gee
    Free Member

Working!

Notifications are pretty cool. Everything else looks pretty similar. Sort of like Lion vs Snow Leopard.

GB

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

argh “unknown error 3200”

warton
    Free Member

wheres imessage?
    wheres the photo icon on the lock screen?

Markie
    Free Member

Right. I’ve almost downloaded the iTunes update. :/

carbon337
    Free Member

3 hrs estimate now 25mins to go. toons reckons his was 10 mins. 😯

I_Ache
    Free Member

Sod it just started the wifes 3gs on it. My 3g is too shite for it to work on 🙁

warton
    Free Member

not impressed, can’t put mail in the notification bar, no camera option on lock screen (which is something they’ve advertised) and I can’t work out how to send an iMessage….

dave_rudabar
    Free Member

Apple products are the best ever, haven’t you heard? You must be doing it wrong. Is it even switched on? 😆

JulianA
    Free Member

HoratioHufnagel – Member
    argh “unknown error 3200”

Me too…

dr_death
    Free Member

Bugger, I was down to 30 odd minutes and now i’m back up to an hour…..

muggomagic

Both iPad and iPhone coming up with “unknown error 3200”. Which is rather annoying.

carbon337
    Free Member

Argh error

tragically1969
    Free Member

not impressed, can’t put mail in the notification bar, no camera option on lock screen (which is something they’ve advertised) and I can’t work out how to send an iMessage….

Double tap the home button on the lock screen to get camera button. The phone decides to send imessage or not based on the destination device.

RDL-82
    Free Member

Two iPhone 4’s both fail with the 3200 error, consensus else where seems to be restart phone and/or computer then try again, and again, and again…until it finally works

matthewlhome
    Free Member

i stopped the unknown error restore thingy, did the ‘restore ipod if having problems’ thing and now have ios5. not sure what the differences are yet though. Seems to get the icloud to work i will have to install Lion on my imac, which based on the reviews i am still seeing in the app store i dont want to do.

bugger. at least i should be able to sync wirelessly now though. and i am not seeing the camera button on the lock screen – suspect that is iphone only 🙁

edit – sweet – thanks for that – now got the camera button 🙂

brakes
    Free Member

if you get the failed error, try again – mine went from downloading the remaining 300 MB in 60 minutes to downloading the whole 600 MB in less than 10 😯

eyerideit
    Free Member

3 hrs for each iOS5 and 10.7.2

Be done for when I go to bed.

Anyone know if we get icloud or will we have to wait for it?

matthewlhome
    Free Member

icloud is there already i think. i am a bit confused with it as it says i need to set up an @me email address to make it work. more dissapointed that it needs Lion really though

derekrides
    Free Member

If it requires Lion, my counsel would be to give it a drive by, Lion is diabolical.

RDL-82
    Free Member

One device has started, verrrryyyy slowly though, try again etc seems to be the key

chrisdb
    Free Member

4 hours 🙁

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 148 total)

The topic ‘Who's downloading ios5 at the moment then…’ is closed to new replies.