Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Who's done the Royal Mail online job test's?
  • hughjardon
    Free Member

Currently unemployed so thought I would apply for a postie job, online application went fine, then got sent a link to do some tests.

I did the sample test no problem and thought this would be right up my alley (so to speak) however on one section (think there were about 6) I missed the time cut off 🙁

Was trying for 100% accuracy, saw something flash up about the time left and then it was finished 😳

Does not completing one section mean I wont get any further?

carlosg
    Free Member

If it’s anything like the paper test I did years ago then speed and the amount of correct answers are more important than finishing the test.

was it mainly based on postcodes?

hughjardon
    Free Member

It started with some postcodes then went on to fairly long series of numbers and/or letters and dots and dashes.

Annoyingly I’m pretty sure I was 100% accurate on the page I got timed out on (except the one I hadn’t answered in time obviously)

Not sure if getting timed out means any of my answers would have been recorded?

loum
    Free Member

I’ve done similar tests, not for royal mail though, were I found out later that it was designed to be impossible to finish.
    They do that by making the test longer than the quickest time anyone could ever do it, basically an “endless test” that they then cut off with a time limit. It was intended to test responses under pressure, to check that the applicant was consistent in performance when under time pressure with a deadline.

I can’t say for certain that yours was the same, but it could well be that sort of test. Sounds like you were doing the right thing if it was though. And even if it wasn’t, there’s not a lot you can do by worrying about it now. 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Who's done the Royal Mail online job test's?’ is closed to new replies.