Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Who's done the biggest UK off-piste ski/board/sledge descent recently?
  • Geronimo
    Free Member

Rather than descending the local golf course, has anybody done any off-piste big hills (eg. descended the whole of a British mountain) on skis/board/sledge in the past couple of weeks?

Theodlite
    Free Member

Lots of people out skiing / boarding in the lakes, dales and peaks. Amazing conditions, just be careful about avalanches.

I've done Blencathra over xmas and had a little jolly down Fremington Edge in Reeth yesterday as we couldn't get to the lakes (A66 shut).

Lets hope its not every 30 years we get these conditions.

C'mon, whats everyone else been doing.

ooOOoo
    Free Member

I did Snowdon in a fertilizer bag

Geronimo
    Free Member

Theo d lite, that's great.

jimmy

couple of mates over the weekend in at Ladybower in the Peaks

Saw a lot of skiiers in the Pantlands on Saturday. Some were XCers, some with DH bindings. Two DHers came down off a hill – it looked quite good, but one of them said "I wish I could say it was worth it"…

ourkidsam
    Free Member

There were some photos on Ski Sunday last night of a guy boarding somewhere in England which looked fairly amazing. My addled memory has let the name slip but I'm sure it'll be on iPlayer

ourkidsam
    Free Member

Oh, and saw a couple of skiers heading off from Langsett on Saturday going to do marjorie hill or something. They said we were madder than them setting off on our bikes. They were right – we got about 200 yards pushing and then gave it up for some trails lower down

Theodlite
    Free Member

Jimmy

Ladybower video – love it. Just shows the great British attitude 😀

jimmy

(I probably shouldn't mention, then that one of them is Ozzie :/)

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Who's done the biggest UK off-piste ski/board/sledge descent recently?’ is closed to new replies.