Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 74 total)
  • Who's been riding today then?
  • molgrips
    Free Member

Not me. Written today off completely. Tidied up, ate nachos and watched the A-Team.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Windsurfed for a couple of hours, my arms have extended themselves by 100mm..

Tracey

None for me, been cleaning out the camper after last weekends wet and muddy Enduro at Gisburn

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Thought I would only be doing pretty direct commutes today, but Brian was disappointing here, so did a gentle hill climb meander home… Even when I didn’t have a headwind, I was dying from heat exhaustion inside the waterproofs I had on ready to face the barrage that never came! 😆
    http://www.strava.com/activities/1240357861

bob_summers

Nope, Saturday’s the only day I don’t ride. Always look forward to it. Family brekkie, took the boy swimming, developed a couple of rolls of film, now scanning them while they’re having a siesta.

binners

Planned ride abandoned due to absolutely grim weather and a weapons grade hangover. Its sheeting down horizontally out there!

I’ve actually got a load of work done instead though. Well… I’ve drawn some pictures. Thats work, right?

Monday Night Pub Ride will be looking something like this….

iainc

a 5 minute test ride round LBS car park on a Tarn 20 and a 5 min ride outside house to check new mudhugger I’d just fitted to my Soul wasn’t rubbing…..

deadkenny
    Free Member

Skipped it due to forecast, but looks okay out there in Surrey. Just a little breezy.

#stormiambrianandsoismywife

Bustaspoke
    Free Member

I was out earlier,proper breezy!
    At least I beat the rain.In West Lancs it’s currently windy & lashing down…

shermer75
    Free Member

Actually quite sunny here (London) but soooo windy!

Kryton57

Yep. Easy out, harder on the way back.

anagallis_arvensis

Did 50km loop on road bike somehow seemed to have a head wind all ride

ahsat

First trip out on the mtb for 3 months due to knee injury. Just some old school xc north of Leeds. The wind and rain didnt matter – I was out on my bike 🙂 That said, I was so slow, trying to protect my knee, the wind didnt make any difference 😆

Coffee and cake in front of the stove is now welcome though!

wrightyson
    Free Member

If only!!! Still waiting for the useless **** at SRAM to send my shock back, nesrly 10 days now.Knew I should have forgone the warranty and sent it to tf tuned etc. Still no idea when I’ll see It!

jambaron
    Free Member

It was fine at FOD this morning at first light. Only one small tree was down blocking a trail.

Saw a stag with bloody great big antlers! First time I’ve seen one. If he can run between the trees with those I should have no problem with 800mm wide bars 😉

P-Jay
    Free Member

Took a quick lap of Twrch at Cwmcarn this morning, tbh it wasn’t bad. I walked a short bit of the climb that’s tricky and on a bit of a ledge just in case and the red option on Airwave just in case.

Promised the family a day out tommorrow and a promise is a promise.

elzorillo
    Free Member

I dont even own a bike.. just come here to read the posts by the lefties for entertainment 😀

weeksy

Yeah of course, Watopia mountain this morning.

MrOvershoot

Been to the shops on my shopping bike & even that was a tad moist, since 2pm its been sheeting down so much that the sound of water running off the gutters on my workshop into my garden water storage system meant I kept needing a waz so have come inside & decided to bake bread 🙂

johnw1984
    Free Member

Just did a 29 miler on the CdA. Was noticeably more windy on the way back!

andymc06
    Free Member

Went to Hamsterley and did the red route for the first time. Beautiful day up there and enjoyed the trails, particularly the newly built stuff.

dazh

Was out before it started raining. Not that it made any difference as this innocuous hole sent me straight over bars when my front wheel buried itself down to the axle.

oldtalent
    Free Member

Yes but only because I’m in finale ligure and the weather is quite pleasant.

fd3chris
    Free Member

Yes went out around Woburn and wasn’t feeling it today. Sweating like mad in the sun then bitter cold in the tree shade. It was a ride and bit of cardio so still almost enjoyed it.

blader1611
    Free Member

Ahsat – where did you go? Was going to do the Harewood loop but i imagine some of the bits getting there will be neck deep and churned up by horses.

Alex

Converted my Solaris Max to 11 speed so all bikes are now 1×11. Celebrated by going to the pub. Rode yesterday ‘before the brian’. Should go riding tomorrow but after 3 weeks of dry and dusty trails, not sure I can face it..

keefmac

hurt my back yesterday, so a crap nights sleep. wasnt feeling it this morning but went to the north yorks moors.
    back aching, blowing a gale, sacked it off after an hour an a half having travelled 8 miles. when you have to pedal downhill to keep moving its time to cut your losses. is disappoint. didnt rain tho……:)

GolfChick
    Free Member

Yep managed 16 miles this morning, breezy on the way back but no big deal really. Had to go outdoors when everything else this week was indoors!

centralscrutinizer
    Free Member

Local ride around the Saltburn area on what was a nice sunny autumn morning. It’s pretty miserable outside now mind.

gravesendgrunt
    Free Member

Yeah sure did,started out with blue skies……only 15mins in all hell broke loose-strong winds and driving heavy rain.Stuck with it and still had fun.
    Nudged me to put the winter tyres on this afternoon though.

rOcKeTdOg

Working & listening to people moaning about how its a chore to be riding today. I wish i was riding, rain & wind or not

dannyh
    Free Member

Had a fun little slither around my local trails this morning. I finally started to ‘get it’ after an hour and half with the sliding around. Every autumn/winter is the same, a bit of persistent rain and I feel like a total newbie on the bike. Get used to the tyres breaking away eventually and then start to have some fun aiming at the insides of corners and letting it slide around.

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

I didn’t moan – I rode.

Found some new stuff while exploring on the old Open U.P. 🙂

Bolt

Did a couple of hrs with the trail hound up and around Darwen tower, got back just as the rain came in!

drewd

I managed to get out before the rain, but it started while I was making my way home. It was a bit blowy in places but good fun none the less.

hjghg5
    Free Member

Just under an hour on a closed circuit on the fixie. Tailwind up the hill and headwind down it helped me keep a nice even effort.

richardk
    Free Member

2.5hts out in the wind and rain, old skool XC on bridleways and around fields.

Deer, birds of prey – including one being trained by a falconer

Refuelling with beer and ice cream now

ahsat

Ahsat – where did you go? Was going to do the Harewood loop but i imagine some of the bits getting there will be neck deep and churned up by horses.

We’ve never done a ride round there before but did Bramhope > Harewood > Golden Acre > Bramhope. It was generally all fine. Few muddy bits but nothing too bad.

Crag
    Free Member

A few of us managed 3 or 4 hours round Hebden Bridge this morning, sat outside the boozer with a pint at lunchtime before the heavens opened. Great day

thatsnotmyname
    Free Member

I did, twenty miles or so, a mixture of on and off road, very windy but missed the rain, Mary Ann Hobbs in my ears.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 74 total)

The topic ‘Who's been riding today then?’ is closed to new replies.