Viewing 16 posts - 81 through 96 (of 96 total)
  • Who's been riding in this weather then?
  • qwerty
    Free Member

Me, me, me, Q’s & Triscombe.

weeksy

Was out on both Fri night and Sun morning… it wasn’t nice !

pictonroad

Got out for 60 miles on Saturday in the South Downs, wind wasn’t too bad and it was splendid overall. Tuesday night in the woods was utterly hilarious, splashing through the mud.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Painey
    Free Member

I was also out on the South Downs yesterday. Wind was pretty blowy but great fun when it’s behind you. 50+ mph downhill no problem. What I look forward to most about this time of year!

Gary_M
    Free Member

Rode to work Monday to Thursday last week, couldn’t do today or Friday as we were away for the weekend. Will get out for a spin tonight then ride to work the next three days. Was getting a bit pissed off with 20 miles in torrential rain twice a day last week though.

StefMcDef
    Free Member

I normally can’t be arsed riding in the kind of blustery weather and wall-to-wall gloop we’ve had over the past month, but this year I’ve taken a perverse pleasure in it.

I guess sometimes you get to your day off in the week and realise it’s going to be a case of either going out in that or not going out at all, so it’s the lesser of two evils.

Have had some really enjoyable rides in shocking conditions. Got home soaking wet, me and the bike both caked in all sorts with a huge grin on my face.

I think some new, reliable, lights makes a big difference.

nach
    Free Member

On Saturday I almost skipped riding to advance on sausages and mash immediately, but went out and did 12k of wet, windy, dark riding around Todmorden first. One trail that’s slippery cobbles by the end of winter was still quite grassy and had way more grip than I expected.

rocketman
    Free Member

Yup
    Friday AM (good)
    Sat AM (OK)
    Sun PM (awful, complete waste of time)

Living next to a trail centre in an AONB which is also an SSSI aka Cannock has its advantages

boblo
    Free Member

Just been for a run in the Fens; 30mph steady/50mph headwind gusts are enough to try anyone’s patience…. Back in the warm now wasting time on the Interweb researching 🙂

molgrips
    Free Member

Just set up my road bike with some indoor tyres for the rollers….

Dales_rider
    Free Member

A tad short of 10 miles, 1nd 1,300 feets of up. Twas a tad windy on top of Sutton Bank 🙂

AlexSimon

My 9yo has had Bikeability training all day today – it’s been torrential rain all day.
    Feel for him.
    The radiators and bike rags are at-the-ready!

dingleberry
    Free Member

I’ve only been out a couple of times the past few weeks… Feels like it hasn’t stopped raining in about a month!

Been getting some gym and spin classes in instead though!

dumbbot
    Free Member

Nah,…put some new tyres on, havn’t gotten them dirty yet. Conclusion, i’m a fair weather nancy pants rider,..im ok with that.

Ben_H

I don’t allow weather to put off my commute (15-mile round trip), so I’ve continued with that – felt very refreshed and alive today!

Sadly it’s been weeing it down every time I’ve wanted to get on the MTB recently. The answer has been to buy a new rigid fork and dig out my singlespeed drivetrain – then I’ll be ready for anything! 😀

dumbbot
    Free Member

.. Feels like it hasn’t stopped raining in about a month!

In the west of Scotland,..it hasn’t. A canoe would be a more appropriate form of transport. but i don’t have one of them.

Viewing 16 posts - 81 through 96 (of 96 total)

The topic ‘Who's been riding in this weather then?’ is closed to new replies.