Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 96 total)
  • Who's been riding in this weather then?
  • Dibbs
    Free Member

I took my CX bike up on the Quantocks for a quick spin, it was wet & windy but warmer than I expected, 12 degrees

jontykint
    Free Member

I’ve been out every day so far since October 30th! Been a shocking month of weather up here in the lakes
    I’m doing Ashmei clothings “govember” challenge where you get out every day in November.
    Send them your strava and if you’ve done it they give you a 35% discount code.
    Good training for the upcoming strathpuffer!!

postierich
    Free Member

Shocking month of weather!!! Really ? 😯

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    TrailriderJim
    Free Member

I’ve tried to maintain my regular amount of riding so have had quite a few wet and wild ones lately. Looks like the Jetstream is with us for another week at least.

dantsw13

2 hrs road ride with a mate today. I should have planned better, because just as the wind picked up, we turned for home straight into it 😯

Sandwich

The wind and rain have arrived in the Mystic East about 30 minutes ago. Our ride around Thetford at a sociable pace was dry and enjoyable. First MTB ride for several months and it was great. We left as clean as after a normal summer ride at High Lodge.
    (Gloating, me? Certainly not).

jontykint
    Free Member

Shocking month of weather!!! Really ?

At least half my rides have been wet, almost all have been windy(I’m on the coast) and 2 have seen me having to lean my bike into hailstones.

vickypea
    Free Member

I went out for a couple of hours on my own today, the wind was howling and nearly had me off my bike a few times, and the trails were like streams, but glad I went out, and I was home before the torrential rain started.

Nipper99
    Free Member

Wet squelchy windy (blown over type windy) couple of house around the Swansea Valley and Mynydd y Gwair on the CXer.

postierich
    Free Member

Jonty the coast explains it 🙂

langylad
    Free Member

Did an hour on the turbo. The wind whipping under the garage door was hellish 😀

tomd
    Free Member

Did a few hours of CX misery fest this morning. Lashing rain, hail stones and high winds. Absolutely freezing but good to be out. Suffering for it now, it has totally knackered me. The low point was an exposed bit of hill with hail stones being driven in at 90deg.

pistonbroke
    Free Member

Met about 20 club members at 9am and did 38km of single track and hooning around the woods. One of the older guys met us at half way with beer and crisps on a table out the back of his car, all foc! Clear blue skies all day and a little chilly in the woods otherwise 16-18degrees. Did I mention I was in Catalunya 😉

dawson

Went out this morning – was blustery but sunny. Had a puncture-fest that meant the planned 2 hour pootle, turned into 5 hour faff with a 6 mile walk home

jontykint
    Free Member

Did I mention I was in Catalunya

Yes, 3 times already!

slider888
    Free Member

Chopwell this morning which turned out to be quite sheltered. Its wet in summer though so knee deep bog fest was the order of the day. Brilliant ride, especially watching my mate place utmost faith in a dirty dan & absolutely flying down a sheer face of mud. Twas a sight to behold 😯
    Shoes may never dry again, front mechs bent somehow ( 😳 ) and brakes are howling like banshees. Bloody mint ride. Aint bikes great 😆

MoreCashThanDash

11 miles in the local slop this morning, before the wind and rain really set in. I had to take my outer layers off on the doorstep. The neighbours hate that!

Fat-boy-fat

Only managed an hour and a half. Challenging conditions you might say; howling wind and snow storm. Fun though. Slippery as all heck and squelchy squelchy squelchy.

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

Short, very wet, hail infested, mud fest of a ride yesterday, slightly longer wind driven mud fest ride today, stopped pedalling on top of the downs and maintained 23 mph! My ears hurt.

asbrooks

Had planned to go to the Peaks, but ended up at Cannock Chase. Was wet cold and windy. Had a blast! 😀

taxi25
    Free Member

EDIT: Where did you go, taxi25? I thought you were pretty much sticking to the road now.

Castle Coch woods, road rides are horrible in wind and rain, it’s a lot more sheltered in the trees.

vorlich
    Free Member

Went out first thing in order to ensure I didn’t find something else to do. Pishing it down. The chain snapped 100m onto the beach, it was a slow crawl along the coast, but I was warm enough. Only out for an hour, but glad I went. 🙂

Came home, showered and back out into the workshop to bleed the brakes. Sleet and snow plastered the windows and door, glad I missed that. Boots now drying in front of the stove.

jekkyl

Riding in the rain with mud & water sloshing at you from underneath is very dispiriting. All the good tracks are trashed with mud. Winter sucks balls!!
    I can’t see me doing many more minus temp rides this season. Still, you have to get out don’t you.

eskay

Managed about 40 miles yesterday and 20 today around the flats near Magor.

Today was worse than yesterday, wind gusts coming up the Severn Estuary were pretty powerful. Got shot blasted with rain on several occasions.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

2 hours in the driving rain on Friday, surveying signs for sustrans, not a massive amount of fun – but better than work. A surprisingly dry if ver blustery hour this avo the sun even came out, for about a nanosecond.

padkinson
    Free Member

A full week of training this week, although I did wuss out and do some of it on the turbo. Yesterday I rode to the CX national course in Ipswich and did a few laps – riding back over the Orwell bridge in the wind was pretty scary, I was terrified of being blown off.

Raced my first CX national today – started from the back of the grid (behind 70 riders), had to switch bikes because of a puncture, and ended up on my own in the wind for the last 3 laps. Came 3rd in under 23!!! 😀 /smug

scary_carey
    Free Member

After much procrastination I dragged my ass up to RivI – all the way there I was thinking “should’ve gone the gym” – but once there and kitted up it took all of ten seconds of riding for the thought of the gym to be a distant memory. It took even less time for me to think that “mountain biking is ace, I love bikes me”

JonEdwards
    Free Member

A blat round Macc Forest/3 shires head today. Surprisingly good – we had about a minutes worth of actual rain, although the ground was sopping. Bit breezy in places, although only really caused issues coming down Cumberland Brook where it was like trying to pedal through a brick wall.

There were a bunch of very miserable looking trailquesty types grinding glumly about the place. Having just looked at the route they were on – I’m not surprised!

allfankledup

4 sessions this week, dodging the rain to get out where possible

Yesterday and today were on the mtb (cx bike earlier in the week) – howling winds, wet feet within a few minutes from the start thanks to deep puddles.

Highlight of the day was one club rider telling the club chairman ( who resorts to the turbo over the winter) to grow a set and get outside more.

No snow on this part of ayrshire yet…

cokie

Lovely ride today. Very windy with minimal rain, also rather mild. Trails drained well so it wasn’t too muddy.

garage-dweller

15 miles or so and a (southern soft) 1000 ft of climbing.

After two months with only one proper ride and too many hours travelling for work I was suffering in the legs but really really happy to be out.

Back is complaining a bit after an off on the last proper descent. Will ride the route again this week but in the dark and with company with usual night ride group.

zero-cool
    Free Member

A couple of laps of Verderers and done DH yesterday morning showing a mate who’s new to biking around and then a full day at BPW today with GF and her brother.

Awesome weekend.

Tom KP

superfli
    Free Member

Went for a Sunday night ride as I couldn’t get out earlier. Not bad conditions for this time of year. Windy and muddy, but very rideable.
    Out every Wed eve and Sunday whatever the weather really, it’s got to be awful for me not to go!

singletrackmind

went windsurfing instead, was very , very windy.
    Rigged a 3.7m sail and my 78L wave board.
    Sailed in Langstone harbour in 40 – 50 knot gusts , not really sailing , more like surving. Made quite a few dry gybes and got some airtime as well.

shedbrewed
    Free Member

3hrs/50 miles in some liquid sunshine this morning. Planned the route so out into the wind in the lea of hills then back with a tailwind. Disappointingly the Lake mx145s let water in through the fronts. I know this as the ankles up of the socks were dry, and the toes and forefoot were wringing wet. Only out as the cx race was cancelled. T’waife went for a 10 mile trail run.

Pz_Steve

Ask me tomorrow. Am planning to commute on the bike after a 2-week lay-off, but I really hate riding in the wind, and the forecast is for a 50mph straight headwind in the morning. Could be a very long 14 miles (or I may just fold and take the car)…

The ride home should be good though!

SaxonRider

taxi25 – Member
    Castle Coch woods, road rides are horrible in wind and rain, it’s a lot more sheltered in the trees.

I figured as much. We were probably there later than you, then; but I have to say, yesterday I don’t know that the trees even provided much shelter!

mikertroid
    Free Member

What weather??

Took the g/f out for a pootle yesterday morning in the Cotswolds. Took my sons round Swinley Forest this afternoon. Should imagine I’ll get out every day this week hopefully.

Did think of singletrackmind’s option but not practical for me today. Nice work!

duncancallum

Bazza n I did walna scar on Saturday.

It was a bit breezy

ndthornton
    Free Member

Got half way up Scafell.
    Stopped for a sandwich…wind blew me over
    I think the Sandwich landed in Keswick

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 96 total)

The topic ‘Who's been riding in this weather then?’ is closed to new replies.