Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Who's at the cx sportive then?
  • aP
    Free Member

Anyone else?

oldgit
    Free Member

nay, i’m planning a 100 miler this weekend. Want to build on last week. Have a good one.

badlydrawnbiker
    Free Member

Was looking forward to it but my CX frame has only just arrived so I’ll not be able to assemble in time – ah well :*(

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Jason
    Free Member

I will be spinning around on a SS Felt Breed. Looking at the map it is a shame there isn’t a bit more off road, but I am sure it will be fun.

dobo
    Free Member

might give this a go on the cx, does anyone have a gps route of this?

also are they accepting entry on the day?

aP
    Free Member

Website says entries available on the day.

oldgit
    Free Member

I’ll bear that in mind, coz if it’s rough out that 100M is going to be a 100K

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Bummer…

Forgot that was on.. 🙁

And I’ve just built up my new CX too…

aP
    Free Member

Well bring it along then, you can join Billy Jo on his new Whyte.

aP
    Free Member

Anyone else?

Steve-Austin
    Free Member

When is it?

aP
    Free Member

Tomorrow.

oldgit
    Free Member

Hope it warms up a bit for you. Woburn was very icy, would have shook my fillings out on the crosser.
    That road ride will deffo be a 100k now.
    Have fun 🙂

aP
    Free Member

Just changing tires now – from what I can tell from the map so far it’s more of a dirty road ride.

aP
    Free Member

Brrrrrrr….. That was chilly. Quite fun though.

oldgit
    Free Member

So did you need a crosser then?

aP
    Free Member

Some of the bridleway sections would have been interesting on a road bike, cx was the best compromise for it – nothing too technical although that didn’t stop a surprising number walking.
    Quite stuffed at the end – didn’t eat enough.
    Not sure that a slick tired mtb was the best choice for some…
    Loads of punctures. Not me or L though.

thomthumb
    Free Member

good fun that was.

followed a guy through the woods on 23c slicks was so surprised to see him clear the roots i stalled, my mate ran in the back of me and fell off!! 😳

cx definitely the best option imo.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

I do hope L din’t fall off. 😐

Jason
    Free Member

I thought the event worked pretty well. The off road sections were generally good – I guess being able to include lots of road miles meant they could cherry pick the better off road section. With a normal off-road ‘sportive’ you inevitably end up with some fairly tedious off road bits, put in to minimise the road riding.

I got one puncture. It happened after the 2nd proper downhill bridleway, a snakebite, but strangely it didn’t go down until I finished the descent and had been on the road for 100m or so?? Looked to be lots and lots of punctures, on every descent there were generally several people mending flats. Saw a few bikes being carried back to the start too.

I went around on a single speed CX bike, which was a bit spinney on the downhill road bits (especially the first 5 miles) but was ok on the climbs and off road. Although one of the road climbs near the end did seem to go on and on and on. A geared CX bike would have been better/easier.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Who's at the cx sportive then?’ is closed to new replies.