• This topic has 17 replies, 15 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by br.
Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • who's at fault wiggle or postie
  • firestarter
    Free Member

Bought two hope floating rotors from wiggle and they came in a thin envelope . the postman somehow rammed them thru my letterbox. When I went to fit they are all over the place so can't get the brakes working right.

Now I know the postie shouldn't have rammed them in but I think its wiggles fault for packaging them so rubbish.

What do the masses think

Three_Fish
    Free Member

Postman, although it's not unheard of* for rotors to be out of true from the factory. Short of packing them with a solid board, there's no way to prevent them being damaged in transit (or when being forced through the letterbox). Just get an adjustable wrnech on them and straighten them up.

*read: typical

wors

You're Not having much luck with brakes at the moment are you. Send them back.

Hadge
    Free Member

If you had seen the damage on the packaging you should have contacted Wiggle first and took a picture to prove how they arrived. They could probably claim off the Royal Mail then for the damage.

markyd

royal mail will just claim they were packaged inappropriately, which they were by the sounds of things. Regardless, it is Wiggle you need to speak to, if they choose to claim from Royal mail that is up to them. Your contract is with Wiggle, not RM.

Midnighthour
    Free Member

Contact Wiggle Customer Services – when I had postal problems in the past they could not have been more helpful and constructive.

Scout
    Free Member

Unless you are 110% sure the postman caused the damage, you will have to assume the rotors are defective/faulty, and so send them back to Wiggle for a replacement or full refund.

If it definately was the postman who caused the damage, you need to get in touch with Royal Mail to file a claim and inform Wiggle.

Hope this helps.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

If it definately was the postman who caused the damage, you need to get in touch with Royal Mail to file a claim and inform Wiggle.

Wrong – he'll need to contact Wiggle and Wiggle can make the claim. Wiggle are RM's customer here, not the recipient of the goods

Scout
    Free Member

Wrong – he'll need to contact Wiggle and Wiggle can make the claim. Wiggle are RM's customer here, not the recipient of the goods

You are right!

hels
    Free Member

Put your handbag down and whack them with a hammer !!

seanodav
    Free Member

Everything ive bought from there usually comes in a box way too big for item

Drac

Are you sure it was Wiggle, if it was wiggle they'd come in a box that could have stored a small hatchback.

firestarter
    Free Member

just an update i mailed wiggle yesterday as i remembered to bother my ass doing so. and just said i wasnt too impressed that my two rotors were poorly packaged. i didnt ask for anything and wasnt expecting anything but it was more to let them know. as said above normally it comes in boxes (huge ones lol) but i got a reply in mins they are resending me the order this time in a box 😉 cant fault that at all

Coyote
    Free Member

True, Drac true.

My little lad loves it when I get a delivery off Wiggle. A new den!

firestarter
    Free Member

Update. Turned up today in a funkin white envelope rammed thru the letter box

neninja
    Free Member

Whoops

Refund time

RealMan
    Free Member

My little lad cats loves it when I get a delivery off Wiggle. A new den!

Yep.

br
    Free Member

Short of packing them with a solid board, there’s no way to prevent them being damaged in transit (or when being forced through the letterbox).

Its not like a small sheet of board is expensive?

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘who's at fault wiggle or postie’ is closed to new replies.