Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Who's afraid of clowns?
  • samuri
    Free Member

Loads more here.
    http://72.47.209.134/

Now obviously because we're all dead butch here we're not actually afraid of anything, but what innocuous and completely innocent thing scares you? I know Ant or Dec (the little one), is scared of pigeons, and that's understandable too.

Me? Old ladies. Especially in gangs. They're like herds of cows. You know they're harmless and yet 18 people have been killed by cows in Britain alone in the last 8 years!!!

bruneep

Llamas

CountZero

I have issues with large spiders. Not entirely irrational – I was bitten by a Garden Orb Spider that I used to feed flies to when I was a kid, which rather put me off. Also high places with no barrier give me problems. I can cope with high sheer drops if there's a railing; take it away and I go to pieces.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    skidartist
    Free Member

How do you get a clown off a swing?

Hit him in the face with a shovel, hit with anything, just get him off my swing I hate clowns!

markenduro
    Free Member

Doesn't look like the woman in the photo is too scared of them, in fact it looks like she is about to see if his knob tastes funny…

Not keen on having volume controls on odd settings myself, it has to be on an even number for some strange reason.

Coyote
    Free Member

Moths. Not too bad with the little 'uns although still not keen but the big ones, terrified!

donks
    Free Member

clowns are ghastly, theres no place for them in modern society.

samuri
    Free Member

yeah, my son is afraid of moths too. Sometimes I catch them and throw them at him.

Ha ha! Look at the little boy cry!

billybob
    Free Member

not afraid as such, just find them disturbing.

TooTall
    Free Member

I'm afraid of rational things that might kill me rather than irrational things that are just things. I say afraid – more managing their presence near me.

Coyote
    Free Member

Samuri, you are a very bad man…

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I'm afraid that my actual life is slipping away from me as I spend more and more time on here.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I have a very wierd phobia of spiral staircases. Some (Like big wide posh ones in houses or shopping centres) are absolutely fine, but others (Like tight ones in castles) reduce me to a quivering wreck. If anyone's ever been to the Laxey Wheel in the Isle of Man, there's one around the outside of the tower next to it. I got about 1/4 of the way up and couldn't take it any more, and had to come back down. It's rubbish, but I don't really know why, other than I can 'feel' the drop beneath me which scares the bejeezus out of me, but I'm not scared of heights otherwise: I can look off the higest cliff you can find no bother for example. I'm just odd I s'pose. 😐

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

PeterPoddy – I don't like the massive stair cases in big posh national trust style houses. The ones that stay up by magic…. *shudders*

Junkyard
    Free Member

horses big unpredictable may kill me by falling on bike when startled by Hope hub etc

Bregante

Clowns – scared the bejeezus out of me since I read Steven King's "IT" as a teenager.

oh and I don't like Polystyrene either. Obviously not the soft squishy variety, it's the brittle squeeky stuff. hate it

tiger_roach
    Free Member

I have a thing about heights to such a degree that if I see someone on top of a tall building on TV I get a bit of an adrenaline rush similar to when I walked on top of one of the WTC buildings.

theotherjonv

markenduro – Member
    Not keen on having volume controls on odd settings myself, it has to be on an even number for some strange reason.

Wouldn't call it a phobia, but I have to do this too, but it's not odd numbers (1,3,5, 7 etc.), it's 'odd' numbers I can't stand.

So I'm with you generally that odd numbers are to be avoided, but 5 is OK (as is 15 and 25, etc.) I'm happiest when volume can be on a ten. Spinal Tap annoys me – I get why the amp goes up to 11 but I wouldn't be able to use it.

The only exception is 13, which is my favourite number so that's OK. But given the car stereo goes from 1-63, 13 is sod all use anyway.

Do I need help?

BigBikeBash
    Free Member

PP – I managed to trip coming down that staircase at the Laxey Wheel. I only rolled down about 10 feet but was sure I was going to roll under the barrier and over the edge. It was quite funny listening to the screams of the people as I rolled past/through them.

tiger_roach
    Free Member

Spinal Tap annoys me – I get why the amp goes up to 11 but I wouldn't be able to use it.

The volume control on BBC website vids is the same – I like that….

nickc

I'm not overly fond of going underground. Tunnels are a bit weird. Caves; if I can see daylight they're OK-ish, potholes? I couldn't go anywhere near.

Heights, on the other hand, don't bother me at all.

Cougar

I don't like Polystyrene either.

The squeaky creaky stuff goes through me too, can't abide it. I wouldn't call it a phobia though.

I once read that everyone has two phobias, one learned ("I was bitten by a spider when I was a kid") and one genetic / irrational (fear of the number 13 or some such). Obviously "everyone" is a bit of a reach, but it seems to be true pretty often.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

PJM1974
    Free Member

I voted for a bunch of them in 1997.

Harry_the_Spider

Clowns are terrifying.

Bride of Chucky

Vicky Binns

One of the many reasons why Coronation Street makes me run out of the room screaming.

Bregante

now you see, of those three above. The bottom one is trying too hard to be scary and the top one is an inanimate object but the middle one – clowns coming out of the ground is just **** terrifying frankly.

Gonna stop reading this thread now

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Bride of Chucky?

THIS TERROR is Bride of Chucky…

jahwomble
    Free Member

molgrips
    Free Member

I used to be terrified of stairs where the back of the step was open.

Then I MedTFU.

MF, we have that lil wooden trike thing, but in primary colours not girly pastel.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

We have girlie girls and granny and granddad bought them that.

They do like it though 🙂

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘Who's afraid of clowns?’ is closed to new replies.