Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • 'Whoops' – late night ebay sheenanigins = another frame for Psychle…
  • psychle
    Free Member

Spotted this just before heading to bed last night (browsing eBay, as one does 😳 ), kind of ‘fell in love’ with the funky and superbly detailed paintjob and the general uniqueness of it (I’m a sucker for something different aren’t I!):

The auction had a couple of hours to go and price was still quite reasonable, so thought, bugger it, let’s stick a cheeky snipe in and see what’s what in the morning, wasn’t all that fussed if I won it or not… woke up today to find that it went for quite a bit less than I thought it would and my cheeky snipe ended up winning the auction, schweet!

Frame, headset and fork for USD$436 inc UK delivery (so around £275 delivered, plus any VAT/duty I guess). Not bad for a hand made, fillet brazed Reynolds 853 frame! 8)

Really is a lovely paint job, stupidly complicated and colourful, rather opaline and electric, a real work of art! Unsurprising really, the builder, John Slawta, is an accomplished artist who just happens to make bikes as well 🙂 Landshark Bicycles.

Landshark4 by ten_sim, on Flickr

Landshark3 by ten_sim, on Flickr

Landshark2 by ten_sim, on Flickr

Landshark by ten_sim, on Flickr

pedalhead
    Free Member

That looks nice.

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Ritchey dropouts too

theotherjonv

if they deliver that frontwards the bars and stem will arrive 2 hours before the rest of the frame

Looks nice.

tails
    Free Member

when do you get time to ride all these bikes??!! nice enough I’m happy with my one posh bike and rat bike.

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

Gorgeous!

AlexSimon

Great paint. I know that personally I can never go back to V-Brakes though.
    I like thin-tubed whippy steel bikes.

psychle
    Free Member

when do you get time to ride all these bikes??!!

TBH, I don’t… but I like having them to choose from 🙂 I guess I’m a bike ‘collector’ of sorts! Though, in an ideal world, I’d live somewhere with a big garage for them to live in, all built up and ready to go, with lovely riding on my doorstep, rather than a 1 bedroom flat in Central London! 😆

psychle
    Free Member

I know that personally I can never go back to V-Brakes though

They’re really not that bad you know, especially for general XC/trail riding… discs are great for sustained downhills and steep gnarly stuff, but for just riding along and having fun on flowy singletrack etc, V’s are fine (especially if you have a set of Arch Supremes 😉 )

philconsequence
    Free Member

WANT! its got the word shark on it!!

if anybody makes a brand of bikes that has either shark or dinosaur names then my bank balance is well and truly screwed.

z1ppy

Did you see this thread? Are you trying to out ‘collect’ him?

http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/epic-bike-collection

psychle
    Free Member

wow… missed that thread, that’s a seriously impressive collection of bikes! I’m naught like that, I buy them to ride, not to create a museum 🙂 He needs a Bow-ti in that collection btw 😉 would fit right in with the ‘cutting edge’ theme of his mtb’s

ScottChegg
    Free Member

Fleabay Ibis

As soon as I saw this I thought you’d be bidding on it. Maybe you’re all biked out for now?

chakaping
    Free Member

that’s a seriously impressive collection of bikes!

No, it’s a right load of old toot.

This is where you;re going wrong mate.

😉

philconsequence
    Free Member

please buy THIS PIECE OF PURE AWESOME

glad i randomly clicked on this whilst sitting here on mates computer

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘'Whoops' – late night ebay sheenanigins = another frame for Psychle…’ is closed to new replies.