• This topic has 5 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by ps44.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Whooping cough – horrible isn't it?
  • bol

Anyone else had it? I’ve been laid low with it for over three weeks now, and it is truely shite. I can’t even think about getting back on the bike until the cough is gone, which could be another couple of months. Apart from the fact it is antisocial, I also feel like I’m going to faint when I have a full-on coughing fit. At least I got off a bit lighter than my wife, who has managed to break four ribs purely by coughing. Why don’t we hear more about this miserable illness? I wouldn’t wish it on anyone.

househusband

Why don’t we hear more about this miserable illness?

I agree. I don’t think many people appreciate that it is still prevalent, especially this time of year; it knocked me for six three or four years ago – and for a considerable period of time.

All the best.

theotherjonv

yes, not nice. And with broken ribs – shoot me now!

This isn’t a JFGI but there have been a few threads on it in the past, worth reading through if you think you may have it.

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/whooping-cough-in-an-adult

Get well soon.

bol

Cheers guys. I did a forum search, but didn’t think to Google “whooping cough singletrack” – which I often find myself doing for other topics. I’m more worried about how my wife broke ribs coughing – although anyone who has had it will appreciate just how ferocious the cough is – and hope it isn’t a sign of anything else. The worst thing I’ve found about whooping cough itself is that just when you think you’re starting to feel better you have another coughing fit and feel shite again – day after depressing day.

hamishthecat
    Free Member

My wife had it earlier this summer. Took weeks to get rid of the cough and her lung capacity went down to less than 50pc and hasn’t fully recovered yet. You also need to steer clear of expectant mothers while you’re infectious.

ps44
    Free Member

I had it a couple of years ago when we had an outbreak in the office that infected a number of people. It’s not great to be sat at work coughing until you puke 🙁
    It used to be called the 100 day cough, and that’s almost exactly how long mine lasted. I did manage to exercise through it, but not fun.
    You have my sympathies.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Whooping cough – horrible isn't it?’ is closed to new replies.