Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • Whooping and shouting on the bike…?
  • yunki
    Free Member

after the other shouting thread…

could anyone please enlighten me as to when and where the best time and place to repeatedly shout BOLLOOOOOOOOOCKS!!! at the top of ones lungs might be..?

I’m a great believer in primal scream therapy and after a very debilitating bout of severe depression in my 20s I cured myself over the period of a year or so with a LOT of shouting.. I was really rather drunk for most of that time though and quite happy to shout when and wherever the hell I felt like it..

Being sober it all seems a bit more technical..

any ideas…?

Has the answer been staring me in the face the whole time…?

choppersquad
    Free Member

Judging by our local town, I’d say around midnight, and outside Wetherspoons.

Drac

When you miss a turning on a long steep descent so have to ride back up.

ddmonkey

I usually employ a loud BOLLOCKS!!!!!! when I cock up a technical section, loose my balance and bash my shin on my pedal……

uselesshippy
    Free Member

When you catch your nuts on the stem.

heavyman
    Free Member

Mix in a few F*ck offs and people will ignore you thinking you probably have tourettes – that’s what I do.

avdave2

I find it helps when riding through nettles.

PiknMix
    Free Member

Just go for it whenever, part of the fun would be the reaction of others.

yunki
    Free Member

I’ve never really gone in for any whooping and hollering when I’m riding.. it’s crossed my mind occasionally when I’m with others that do it, but nothing more than a mutter or a giggle has ever crept out..

I’m doing a big solo ride tomorrow, starting with a few laps at Haldon so I’m gonna give it some bellowing (or perhaps squeaking)

tmb467
    Free Member

I prefer the c word.

Short, sweet and very very much to the point. Just don’t overuse it or it loses its effectiveness

The phrase p*is*ng **** is another choice one but I don’t think I can say it on here

neilthewheel

Ah yes, primal screaming. Ol’ JL did it and then he made it into art….

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkNQNWDsOaA[/video]

flippinheckler
    Free Member

Often shout some expletive when fluffing up a techie uphill section or some other mincing moment.

boxfish
    Free Member

could anyone please enlighten me as to when and where the best time and place to repeatedly shout BOLLOOOOOOOOOCKS!!! at the top of ones lungs might be..?

I have a job interview on Wednesday. Perhaps I should try it then?

kudos100
    Free Member

I’m a great believer in primal scream therapy and after a very debilitating bout of severe depression in my 20s I cured myself over the period of a year or so with a LOT of shouting.. I was really rather drunk for most of that time though and quite happy to shout when and wherever the hell I felt like it..

I may give this a go. Seems like it might have some merit. Plus it sounds fun.

belugabob
    Free Member

When your mates miss a turn on the C2C, they’ve got a 5 minute head start on you, there’s no phone signal, and you realise you’re going to have to chase them down the steepest road for miles then come back up it afterwards.

(you know who you are)

Northwind

For shouting BOLLOCKS I think traditionally the Reading festival at about 4am.

yunki
    Free Member

Ah yes.. That’s where it all started for me Northwind.. 🙂

The Marilyn Manson/Eminem year

Northwind

You ****, you woke me up!

cruzcampo
    Free Member

Whenever riding through a tunnel, for added sound effect lol

chives
    Free Member

Best to avoid it at funerals I find, but it’s de rigeur at will readings if things don’t go your way. (YMMV of course)

compositepro
    Free Member

i do it in the workshop when its cold

I_Ache
    Free Member

I normally do it when I feel like I am on the edge of crashing big time. For instance on Sunday at Antur Stiniog it had just started raining when we were coming down the red and there is a rock garden where it joins the blue. My back end stepped out at what felt like 45 degrees and i was squealing and swearing like a trooper. I managed to hold it tho. Shame I didn’t have the GoPro on.

cookeaa

Whooping and hollering as you ride? More the sort of behaviour you’d expect from High-fiving tossers that call each other “Brah” really…

No, loud noise making is reserved for when things go a pear shaped.
    I’m a fan of what I like to think of as “freeform – composite swearing” for example, a fall where you hurt your leg might be accompanied by:

[Quote]“SHITFUCKCOCKINGARSETWATTERY!!!”[/quote] (Mods?)

It’s all got to be a single stream of frustrated, angry, barely coherent expletives, just shouting “BOLLOCKS!” seems a bit pedestrian really…

You also score extra points if you can work in in extra non-expletives, with no real relation to your situation too, such as “Toaster” “Pickle” or “Ann Widdecombe”, but that’s an advanced technique…

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

You also score extra points if you can work in in extra non-expletives, with no real relation to your situation too, such as “Toaster” “Pickle” or “Ann Widdecombe”, but that’s an advanced technique…

I once dated a half italian half moroccan girl, employed this technique perfectly.

greeble
    Free Member

this is how it should be done

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAd3hfAygCg[/video]

D0NK

Whooping and hollering as you ride? More the sort of behaviour you’d expect from High-fiving tossers that call each other “Brah” really…

when you’ve been downhilling for over 20mins, your adrenaline is sky high on top of the endorphins you earned getting up the hill in the first place. All that pent up energy and emotion….what do you do? Knowing smile and a nod to your mates at the bottom? I’ve tried a loud “Wahooooo!” but my voice just cracks so I make do with laughing out loud to myself and the occasional “****ING BRILLIANT!”

I guess I should confess to a few high fives on the mtb holiday I was on the other week but “brah” “stoked” or “gnarly” never passed my lips, promise.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Great video. Esp. crossing and going around all the taped-off sections of the recently built trail. Well done 😉

ianv
    Free Member

I was amazed how much of it went on at Coed y Brenin, must be where all the gnarly dudes congregate.

cruzcampo
    Free Member

greeble – Member
    this is how it should be done

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAd3hfAygCg

2:18 coffee was sprayed on keyboard WTF! hahahahahha

slackalice
    Free Member

I used to shout ‘YOOOODDDELLLLL!’ every so often whilst biking or hiking in BC to let the bears know it would be a good plan to keep away. The bear (dinner) bell’s never quite cut it IME 😯

joshvegas
    Free Member

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEÈÈEEEEEEEEEEEÉÊËEEEEÈEEEEEEEEEËEEÉ!

For the fun bits and.

OOPS! Or MUMMY!!!!!!!

When it almost goes wrong.

I never see a crash coming so its either BOOHOO or a genuine LOL depending on outcome.

rogg
    Free Member

‘Bollocks’ is primarily a daytime shout.
    After dark the correct thing to bellow is ‘THERE ARE TEN OF US’.

yunki
    Free Member

well.. despite my good intentions, hardly a peep escaped my lips..

The best I could manage was a bit of constipated tennis player style grunting on a few of the sharper climbs towards the end the ride..

unsatisfactory 🙁

could do better

Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)

The topic ‘Whooping and shouting on the bike…?’ is closed to new replies.