Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • WHOOOP!! soon to be new freeride black trails at swinley!
  • akaskittles
    Free Member

Its going to be big enough to keep you all happy I hope. Its to be done in phases, so there wont be many lines on day one, but each line will be big and fun. Tentative plan right now for Phase 1 (subject to formal agreement from CE) is:

1 x 1 dot run that is all rollable with 2 sizes of tables and drops as it goes, splitting into 2 lines half way down. Jump size 2-3 foot high.

1 x 2 dot run that features a big wall ride halfway down, and drops etc that are rollable, but not at any speed. combination of tables and doubles at each jump. 3-5 ft high.

2 x 3 dot runs, with mandatory drops and gaps, no chicken runs. one of those 2 runs will split into 2 lines half way down. Jumps from 5ft high and up, drops of up to 6-7 ft at the face, which means bigger at speed as some of the drops will be on steep terrain.

Sounds really darn nice!
    https://www.facebook.com/TrailTeamSwinley

JCL
    Free Member

I might start a Kickstarter fund to get webcams installed at all the drops/gaps. There will be some comedy gold up there.

theotherjonv

The air ambulance has been on speed dial since the red opened!!

akaskittles
    Free Member

I might start a Kickstarter fund to get webcams installed at all the drops/gaps. There will be some comedy gold up there.

Hell yawwwh! Gonna be so many guys on XC bikes hitting the big stuff :/ Oh I forgot to mention, This is being built next to the gully. Pretty big area to work with.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

😆

crosshair
    Free Member

Oi Weeksy, looks like your new bike came at just the right time 😀

ChrisI

Nice! Give my SB66c a proper workout 🙂

deanfbm
    Free Member

People are gonna get hurt, gulley rats might have reason for a DH bike, gaps will be cased at a phenomenal rate.

More local stuff to ride, would gladly lend a hand.

akaskittles
    Free Member

People are gonna get hurt, gulley rats might have reason for a DH bike, gaps will be cased at a phenomenal rate.

More local stuff to ride, would gladly lend a hand.well, to be fair it’s there choice to ride stuff they can’t handle. Last october I saw a guy smash his front wheel into the landing of one of the gaps in axle run, he broke his wrist and fractured most of his ribs. It’s there choice really.

If you can’t jump, don’t jump.
    If you can’t do gaps. don’t do them
    if you can’t do drops, don’t hit em!
    People will get hurt. But it’s there fault and their stupid cockyness

njee20
    Free Member

If you can’t jump, don’t jump.
    If you can’t do gaps. don’t do them
    if you can’t do drops, don’t hit em!

Gotta start somewhere, or were you born with an innate ability to hit 20 foot gap jumps?

Sounds like a good set of trails to progress on. Hell I’m interested by the first two at least!

akaskittles
    Free Member

Gotta start somewhere, or were you born with an innate ability to hit 20 foot gap jumps?

Sounds like a good set of trails to progress on. Hell I’m interested by the first two at least! Yeah gotta start somewhere, but not on the big stuff! And yeah, the first 2 sound the most appealing to me the third one sounds like it would be alot more technical and a bit slower

chip
    Free Member

I have broken bones on the blue and nearly knocked my self out on the red so I will probably be one of the first fatalities on the black.

Where is the nearest hospital?
    Do they have an A&E?
    Any plans by the government to close the A&E

Don’t forget the yellow paint
    O

On a serious note if people regularly get hurt and they will, because of something that you have built whether the riders choice or not. Do you not have to provide some sort of on site first aid.

Or would you be worried about patching someone up and then sending them on there way only to have them bend over at home and have a rib explode into their chest and then them suing for not being treated correctly.

And if you do send a steady flow of broken people to the nearest A&E will the local authority’s not get upset by the small fortune they are laying out in petrol, X-rays and plaster of Paris.

Legoman
    Free Member

So anyone who’s not a natural born jump-god should leave the new blacks to the likes of you…….. Who injure themselves by forgetting their bike is still set up for a canal towpath?

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/hit-jump-with-lock-out-enabled-on-suntour-epicon-fork

So anyone who’s not a natural born jump-god should leave the new blacks to the likes of you…….. Who injure themselves by forgetting their bike is still set up for a canal towpath?

Ha and indeed ha.

Hoisted!

njee20
    Free Member

That must have been the cause of the crash too, no one can jump without 6″ of suspension. Impossible.

I’m gonna give you one of these: 🙄

akaskittles
    Free Member

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/hit-jump-with-lock-out-enabled-on-suntour-epicon-forkIn the end it wasn’t on lockout. I THOUGHT It was. When I got home that evening I stored the bike upside down. Thus draining the oil away from the lockout system. when i took it out again it wouldn’t lockout for that reason. Cause of crash – to much speed and overshot the landing completely.

Anyway. Who rides with a locked out fork on a towpath? I only said what I said because It’s true. Someone may do the all the jumps in gully, and think there up to the level of the blacks.

natrix
    Free Member

Maybe I’m going blind, but I can’t see anything about new trails on the page that you’ve linked…….

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘WHOOOP!! soon to be new freeride black trails at swinley!’ is closed to new replies.