Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 135 total)
  • who'd win, mo farah vs usain bolt
  • theotherjonv

Watching the celebration games, made me wonder. Clearly in a sprint, Bolt’s your man, likewise in a 5 or 10k Mo would be the victor. But at some point in between, they’d be equal. What would that point be? 400? 800?

mikey3
    Free Member

I reckon mo could hunt him down in 800 m (maybe)

Junkyard
    Free Member

Anything over 400 would be mo easily as Bolt has no stamina

He may even win that as he can do a fast 400m anyway

Bet I could beat Bolt over a mile tbh 😉

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Bet I could beat Bolt over a mile tbh

Snowball’s chance in hell you would. Would be good to see them do a 400, 600 and 800.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Agreed I think Mo would take Bolt over 400. Distance runners like Mo have an incredible last lap / 200.

Junkyard
    Free Member

You reckon he is fast over that distance or just that i am really slow 😉
    Point remains he is a sprinter he will have limited stamina to match his unsurpassed speed

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Obviously, he’s a sprinter and that’s what he trains to do. But he has an amazing physique and is very fit. Generally, fast people are fast. I reckon Bolt would be crossing the line as JY was completing his third lap. Look at Mo…just came down and broke Cram’s (I think it was Cram) British 1500m record, despite 10k being his strongest event.

Euro
    Free Member

Just because someone is a sprinter doesn’t mean they can’t jog fast for a for half a mile.

I measured Bolts stamina at 67. Farah is higher at 89 but those extra 22 staminas don’t kick in until the 400m mark. As 400m is still a sprint, Bolt would win. 5-600m it would start to get interesting.

mudshark
    Free Member

I reckon 400m would be the interesting race – 800m Mo would win for sure.

Oh and I’d beat Mo over 100m – anyone who’s a bit of a sprinter would.

frogstomp

Oh and I’d beat Mo over 100m – anyone who’s a bit of a sprinter would

Just for the record, Mo did 12.9s over the 100m on Superstars last year (on a wet track)…

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Oh and I’d beat Mo over 100m – anyone who’s a bit of a sprinter would.

Mo can run a sub 51 second final 400m in a 5k race. Obviously, I don’t know your 100m time. And it would be from a standing start, but I reckon Mo would leave nearly all STWers behind in a 100m dash. 🙂

EDIT: Ah, frogstomp has a 100m time for Mo. I suggest anyone time themselves over 100m from a standing start and see whereabouts he or she would be at 13 secs. Not many would be anywhere near the line. Not even molgrips, and he’s a natural sprinter.

Euro
    Free Member

Mo can run a sub 51 second final 400m

Not too shabby, but the MJs world record is just over 43s. I’d say Bolt would be a 45s man without too much effort.

I reckon Mo would leave nearly all STWers behind in a 100m dash.

Not such a bold claim. So would this young lady 😀

mikey3
    Free Member

some peoples self confidence on here is off the scale,just because you ride a mtn bike a bit doesn’t mean you are in the sas or a professional athlete you know,get a grip 🙂

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Not such a bold claim. So would this young lady

Fair point. 😀

mudshark
    Free Member

I ran sub 13 secs when I was 15 – might need a bit of training now but still….

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I ran sub 13 secs when I was 15 – might need a bit of training now but still….

I assume Mo’s 12.9 was with no sprint training at all.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Generally, fast people are fast.

Then Hoy could win the TdF 😉
    Being serious [ surely this topic deserves it] I am sure he does a decent 10 mile TT but i bet it is not fast fast
    Ditto Bolt IMHO I dont think he would be fast fast but he is not going to be slow slow either if that makes sense

zippykona

I reckon I could do a 100 m but I might need a break in the middle.

mudshark
    Free Member

I assume Mo’s 12.9 was with no sprint training at all.

Assumption is nothing but he does do a bit of running. He’s all slow twitch of course.

thegreatape
    Free Member

I reckon Bolt would be crossing the line as JY was completing his third lap

Well bugger me with a fishfork – if junkyard is 3x faster than Bolt, he’s probably the second fastest runner on STW after glupton. Good effort.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I reckon Bolt would be crossing the line as JY was copying and pasting an argument at great length.

😉

Junkyard
    Free Member

😆

You wins the Internet

Genuine belly laugh – which I then had to explain to the kids

Chapeau

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

My work here is done!

🙂

glupton1976
    Free Member

http://www.thepowerof10.info/athletes/profile.aspx?athleteid=74121

Bolt was running 46ish for 400 in 2008 and has a PB of 45.35 from 10 years ago.

I reckon that it would be around the 1000m mark before Mo Farah would start winning.

glacier79
    Free Member

Thanks junkyard, that just made me lol!

molgrips
    Free Member

I did 12.5 when I was 14, my PB was 11.5 age 16. So ner.

glupton1976
    Free Member

Molgrips earlier.

Drac

Here he is on the blocks.

CountZero

CF, genius, sir! Chapeau. 😆

CaptainFlashheart – Member
    I reckon Bolt would be crossing the line as JY was copying and pasting an argument at great length.

Pwned.

Tom-B
    Free Member

This thread is stw personified!

molgrips
    Free Member

I’ll find a strava 100m segment…

matt_bl
    Free Member

The 400m I would pay to see and which may happen would be Bolt vs Rudisha.

I reckon that would be genuinely close, Bolt would spank Mo.

Matt

Junkyard
    Free Member

looks like Mo reads STW

he reckons 600-800 m to be a fair race

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2013/jul/28/mo-farah-usain-bolt-race

nickc

It would be pretty close over 600m. The distance Mo has suggested. Reckon they’d both be looking at the 1min 10-15 region.

I’d suggest anyone who thinks they could keep up with either of them is probably deluding themselves ( over any bloody distance you want)

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

looks like Mo reads STW

Mo = Molgrips. SCIENCE FACT!

ell_tell
    Free Member

Okay, so this comment doesn’t relate to Bolt or Farah so probably irrelevant but if you take the WR mens marathon time which is 2:03 and average over 26 miles they are running sub 5 minute miles. Anyone here run close to a 4 minute mile…?

uselesshippy
    Free Member

Tom b has desribed this thread perfectly.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Anyone here run close to a 4 minute mile…?

I don’t reckon many have even seen the right side of a 5 minute mile either. (though there are a few about who have been properly fast runners in their time). Take a Garmin and set it to measure your pace and start speeding up till it says 5 min/ml – to most mere mortals, that’ll feel like a full on chasing-a-guy-who’s-just-nicked-your-bike sprint. 🙂

richmtb

Take a Garmin and set it to measure your pace and start speeding up till it says 5 min/ml – to most mere mortals, that’ll feel like a full on chasing-a-guy-who’s-just-nicked-your-bike sprint.

Or jump on a treadmill and set it to 12 miles an hour and see how long you last!

600 metres would be an interesting distance for Mo versus Bolt.

I think over 800m Mo would be a certainty.

Would be interesting to see some other mismatches

Gee Atherton versus Cav on an XC course?

nickc

I’m a average/ good runner, I can do a 5:45 min mile and my best ever 10k time is 39:45. I know guys that are really really quick who are doing 35-37 mins for a 10k ( this would win most club events)

Mo farah can give me a 10 minute head start and still beat me, comfortably by a couple of minutes, and give some my mates a run for their money.

Once for shits and giggles being measured for speed by my son on his bike I tried to see how long I could keep up the 13mph it takes to do a 2 hour marathon, it felt like I was having to sprint!! Lasted about 400-500m at most!!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 135 total)

The topic ‘who'd win, mo farah vs usain bolt’ is closed to new replies.