Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 82 total)
  • Who would you like to punish for the credit crunch?
  • Richie_B

I know the rational thing would be to blame the people actually responsible for the mess we are all in. But the person that it would give me the most satisfaction to set about with a pair of Bombers (sorry ‘owning’ implies just one whack, this would have to involve a good pulping) would be Eddie Mair of the PM programme on Radio 4.

Night after night of the smug overweight b@st@rd making ironic I’m so post modern comments, as if the sh!t we’re all in is a joke, has made him my ideal punch bag. I’m all for interviewers showing a bit of cynicism & disrespect to politicians and bankers but this guy seems to thing the whole thing is a bit of a laugh, and something to relish, as other peoples lives go down the tubes.

This also raises the question how many times would you have to own Robert Peston before he would give up that ridiculous impression of a 1950’s academic?

So as soon as I’ve worked out how to fix a handful of nails to my trust old Z1s and I’ve got enough money to get down to London…(Oh well Its not going to be sometime soon I’ve just been given my notice so can’t afford the trip to London or the nails)

If anyone has got any other suggestions it looks like I may have some time on my hands for a road trip.

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

most of the population really, you may need more than a few hours

the banks wouldn’t have lent it if people hadn’t thought they needed it

trailmonkey

I doubt that he was overly influential, but he’s in the trade and if there’s some Bomber action to dish out, this guy’s top of my list.

druidh
    Free Member

Ah yes – the “good old days” when Banks were getting flamed for not giving people enough credit. “How dare they tell me what I can/can’t afford” eh?

Gary_M
    Free Member

just about every resident of the developed world – we all got greedy, we all wanted free money, we all wanted big tv’s and we all wanted instant gratification through conspicuous consumption, look where its got us now.

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

it got me shiny bikes 😀

andym
    Free Member

They were giving out free money? Damn – what did I miss?

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Fixie riders. Gotta be them.

juan
    Free Member

What Gary_M says.
    Interestingly JM Mecier (you probably don’t know him) has wrote (has written?) a book to denounce the capitalism.

That just made me laugth

druidh
    Free Member

Gary_M – Member

just about every resident of the developed world – we all got greedy, we all wanted free money, we all wanted big tv’s and we all wanted instant gratification through conspicuous consumption, look where its got us now.

Except some of us didn’t, and expected our investments to be worth something.

glenh
    Free Member

I’d punish you.
    Mostly just for fun though. Couldn’t give a rats ass about the “credit cruch”.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

PeterPoddy hits the nail on the head.

Richie_B

Probably didn’t put it very well. Yes there’s a lot of blame to spread around but the people who really wind me up are the media types who are relishing the whole thing

chakaping
    Free Member

Anyone who works in the pensions industry really.

trailmonkey

the people who really wind me up are the media types who are relishing the whole thing

Bad news sells well shocker.

HTTP404
    Free Member

Sarah Beeney deserves it for her constant “how to make money in a rising market” TV Show.
    Phil Spencer and Kirsty Allsop for bombarding the nation on every property show going.

And all those who got greedy and borrowed too much thinking what goes up won’t come down.

Gary_M
    Free Member

They were giving out free money? Damn – what did I miss? Have you never heard of interest free credit?

I know that druidh, that’s why I said ‘just about every’.

pk-ripper
    Free Member

Gary_M – Member

And that is true. Anyone who wants to blame small groups or individuals has a fundamental lack of understanding.

andym
    Free Member

They were giving out free money? Damn – what did I miss? Have you never heard of interest free credit?

You think interest-free credit was free money?

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

also – the bans haven’t given up on us yet. I recently decided to transfer my modest CC balance onto a 0% card to aid in clearing it over the next year, within an hour i had £5.5K to play with (i won’t be playing with it mind). My wife did the same with another company and within 10 minutes she had been offered £14K!

aP
    Free Member

I understood that it was all David Bowie’s fault.

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

Bush – with a shoe – at the press conference
    Bill Gates, just to shut that squeaky little voice up
    Calamity Brown “no more boom and bust, I have saved the world”
    David Cameron – when did we develop the technology to make people out of slime?

mudshark
    Free Member

You think interest-free credit was free money?

Well it is actually! I tried once with the credit card thing of getting 10k for 9 months or whatever interest free and put it against my mortgage. Some people carried on with that for years doing very nicely but I felt bad…!

Gary_M
    Free Member

Sorry I should have typed ‘free money’, is that better for you. And I’m very aware that there is no such thing as a free lunch, before you say it.

scruff
    Free Member

Jasmine- off Place in the Sun, she would get it.

Richie_B

I guess the David Cameron technology was a development of the Gordon Brown Gollem experiment (lets build a man out of clay)

binners

I blame Hora. For everything

aracer
    Free Member

Can I excuse myself – TV is over 10 years old, and I save up if I want something. Hence I’m a victim not a culprit.

Would really like the forum archives right now to find who was complaining about the bank not giving them a huge mortgage…

chakaping
    Free Member

Actually, let’s just punish David Cameron.

AndyP
    Free Member

I blame anyone who willingly uses the term ‘credit crunch’.

Gary_M
    Free Member

Out of interest aracer why are you a victim?

I’d also like to blame people who seem unable to form an opinion and just pick holes in other peoples posts. If you’re unable to either express or form your own opinion then why bother posting on this thread?

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

think of all those poor Japanese people out of work because aracer was too tight to buy a shiny new TV. victim my arse.

😉

Richie_B

AndyP
    The term I would have liked to use wouldn’t get past the swear filter

IHN

Anyone who works in the pensions industry really

Oi, what did I do?

Gary_M
    Free Member

Richie_B I think the commonly used term is now ‘recession’. I don’t know why AndyP didn’t just say that though.

samuri
    Free Member

everyone who didn’t clear all their debts last year like a smug tw@ would get a good kicking.

nonk
    Free Member

yeah your a victim allright.

chakaping
    Free Member

Oi, what did I do?

It’s more what you didn’t do, but it’s sort of specific to me and Standard Life – I was just casting the net wide. Sorry.

mudshark
    Free Member

everyone who didn’t clear all their debts last year like a smug tw@ would get a good kicking.

Seems to be better for me to put my cash in a cash isa than reduce my mortgage at the moment.

pk-ripper
    Free Member

aracer – Member

Can I excuse myself – TV is over 10 years old, and I save up if I want something. Hence I’m a victim not a culprit.

Would really like the forum archives right now to find who was complaining about the bank not giving them a huge mortgage…

Do you have a pension other than a state pension? If yes, you can’t be excused.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 82 total)

The topic ‘Who would you like to punish for the credit crunch?’ is closed to new replies.