Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • who would win x factor ,The Ramones or The Clash
  • fotheringtonthomas
    Free Member

who would win x factor ,The Ramones or The Clash

bravohotel8er
    Free Member

Neither of them would get through selection, instead they’d pick a bunch of slack-jawed oxygen thieves who would otherwise be manning the Saturday shift at a provincial River Island.

rogg
    Free Member

Seeing as the x factor has nothing to do with music, it would have to be the Ramones, they were better looking and the popular press would never get behind the Clash.

andrewni
    Free Member

Whichever of them were orphans who were doing it in memory of their granny

samuri
    Free Member

Agreed, neither would win, basically because they make good music and don’t conform to a required standard. They buck the trend.

Who is best? The clash in my opinion. The Ramones lost it a bit whereas the clash kept the clever stuff coming in.

sputnik
    Free Member

Ramones to win xfactor, Clash way better though.

TheWrongTrousers

Neither of ’em, they both had far too much class for that dire drivel

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Neither, thwarted by their ability to make music.
    Clash in a different League to the Ramones.

zanelowe
    Free Member

As above neither would get selected because if they did the judges houses would get trashed. IMO the Clash were a better band

yunki
    Free Member

who would win x factor ,The Ramones or The Clash

The Osmonds obviously

saxabar
    Free Member

Too obvious to say still Simon Cowell?

Pigface
    Free Member

Brilliant question 😆

No idea who would win as they were both brilliant in their own ways.

As a hetrosexual male none of the Ramones was as good looking as Paul Simenon 😉

Edric64
    Free Member

I dont think I have ever heard anything by the Ramones have I missed something good ?

phil56

if it was judged on a ‘live performance’ it would the Ramones hands down. The Clash were awesome, but live the Ramones had something special at their peak.

Best gig I ever went to – Ramones, Talking Heads, The Saints, scarily that was over 25 years ago!

Pigface
    Free Member

Its Alive is the best live album ever and I will stand no argument on the matter 😀

As Mark Radcliffe says “you cant trust a man that doesn’t like the Ramones”

edoverheels
    Free Member

I’m sorry but I can’t let this go. The Clash were a quality band that had a fantastic image and very good music and deserve their status. The Ramones had a good image and because of this,over the years everyone has forgiven/forgotten that their music wasn’t really very good at all.

Pigface
    Free Member

😯

mattsccm
    Free Member

After the first album the Clash got all arty and couldn’t stick at one thing. It all slowed down as well. A different band from the early days. Political s***e as well. Whereas the Ramones( Phil Spector era aside) = proper turbo trainer music with no trying to be clever.
    The Ramones would win as they looked better and were better.Not that that would be important. As I can proudly say that I have never watched the prog maybe I don’t know. 😆

phatstanley
    Free Member

ahhhh….who DID invent punk anyway?

who f**kin cares?

this is pretty kickin’ and would rip x factor a new hole:

br
    Free Member

Best gig I ever went to – Ramones, Talking Heads, The Saints, scarily that was over 25 years ago!

Only 25 years, are you sure its not over 35 years ago?

And its The Clash. True, The Ramones were seen as the starters’ of Punk, that was only with hindsight, later.

DezB
    Free Member

The Ramones had a good image and because of this,over the years everyone has forgiven/forgotten that their music wasn’t really very good at all.

Wise words mate.
    Except, er, without the influence of the Ramones, The Clash might actually not have existed.
    I guess that doesn’t really count in the world of the clueless though eh.
    🙂

edoverheels
    Free Member

Quite happy to accept that I could be wrong and certainly have never seen the Ramones live. They have just never done it for me, whereas The Clash always have.
    Happy to hear that the Ramones might have more substance than I ever gave them credit for. I would say that I might give them another try but I seem to be more of a shoe gazer these days.

roper
    Free Member

The clash were always too pop for me. All shirt and no trousers. So I suppose they would win an xfacter kind of contest. A bit vacuous.

The Ramones are the Ramons, they played Ramones song and acted like the Ramones, which in itself is far more “punk” and better, for me.

phil56

Only 25 years, are you sure its not over 35 years ago?

You’re right – wishful thinking on my part!

The clash were always too pop for me

That’s a harsh assessment of a great bad – especially in the early days. I saw them very early on, before some of their more famous songs were properly developed, and they were something special at the time. Having said that, the Ramones live were just absolutely of the moment. Relentless, simple, energy you could taste – I hate nostalic old men, so now I’ve become one I’ll leave it there!

sadexpunk

The clash were always too pop for me.

😯

mattsccm
    Free Member

Saw the Ramones in Bristol. Dunno where but it had a balcony. Beers placed on the wide rail were bouncing off.

yossarian
    Free Member

I think that Louis Walsh would split up the clash at boot camp and get Joe doing solo versions of ABC covers.

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘who would win x factor ,The Ramones or The Clash’ is closed to new replies.