Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Who Would like a hydraulic dropper post with preset stops?
  • bland

I really miss the presets you had with a gravity dropper once you drilled an extra hole in the post as you knew where the post would be as oppose to gagging to get it right!

Anyone else think this would be a good option?

ads678

This is what my Tmars does already!!

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Fox did, you can have a 3 positions post probably going cheap as not many agreed with you.

clubber
    Free Member

I do. I can’t say it really bothers me all that much though.

Yetiman
    Free Member

Same here. I switched from GDs to Reverbs over 2 years ago and I haven’t missed the height pre-sets.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Reverb + remote = Better than preset heights, IMHO.

Can easily tweak the height on the fly, and always get it ‘just so’.

persona
    Free Member

Nope! A post that drops at least 8″ and didn’t wobble/flex like Louis Spence with parkinsons would be good though.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Did you go to the Hora school of frame buying?

I_Ache
    Free Member

After having an i900 and now a Command Post I’m unsure if I prefer presets or infinite or am just not bothered. What I don’t like is the reverb lifting up when you pick the bike up by the saddle.

mattjg
    Free Member

When I first had a Reverb I thought I wanted presets, now I’ve had some time and practice with it, I wouldn’t. A feel for it soon develops, once used to infinite choice, the presets would almost always be wrong.

But I wouldn’t mind a “20mm up/down” switch on the bars that didn’t need weight on the saddle.

cookeaa

I think the vast majority seem happy enough with the “infinitely adjustable” posts about now, the GD preset positions was more a by product of the way the post was designed, if they could have offered finer/infinite height adjustments while maintaining robustness and production costs then they probably would have… CB have tried to do what GD didn’t with the “kronolog” but apparently the ratchet plate it uses isn’t durable enough (interweb heresay)…

If we’re being a bit blue sky though, why not have a switchable mode type option?
    let the user choose between “Infinite adjustment” and “preset indexing” at the flick of a (yet another) switch…

persona
    Free Member

No Mike, school is for the type of rider who can’t even hold a manual.

I prefer to ride with my saddle slammed or full extension none of this pansying about in the middle ground

cookeaa

Nope! A post that drops at least 8″ and didn’t wobble/flex like Louis Spence with parkinsons would be good though.

any good to you?

Deveron53
    Free Member

I want one!
    I’m going for the latest Tmars but I’m a bit worried about the flimsy looking saddle rail clamp.

rickt
    Free Member

I dont need any more presets….
    My Reverb has a preset, climb / flat smooth mode then drop it on any type of decent / happy medium!

Could do with one lever to change my rear shock, fork and seat post in one go… CTD

persona
    Free Member

Good length drop Cookeaa but other than that it’s less than ideal really, incredibly basic/poor design means flex/wobble/play . will definitely be a problem.. Wouldn’t mind trying one if it was priced appropriately

hora
    Free Member

Where I ride you don’t tend to get really that much use for a dropper. I’ve gone back to a standard post.

TBH I found a dropper is like carrying round a mobile in your pocket- more faff to life.

You soon readapt back. All that bollocks ‘oh I suddenly came to a drop in the trail with my seat post up like an XC bike’.

Hmmm never happened to me. I don’t tend to ride with a huge amount of seatpost showing anyway.

justatheory
    Free Member

Where I ride you don’t tend to get really that much use for a dropper. I’ve gone back to a standard post.

TBH I found a dropper is like carrying round a mobile in your pocket- more faff to life.

You soon readapt back. All that bollocks ‘oh I suddenly came to a drop in the trail with my seat post up like an XC bike’.

I found the opposite – sold my Reverb and have really missed it.

saps
    Free Member

How about a dropper post with an adjustable blowoff…much like a fork lockout?!
    That way on biggish hits with the post up I wouldn’t feel like I had a nutcracker in my shorts!!

rickt
    Free Member

Hmmm never happened to me. I don’t tend to ride with a huge amount of seatpost showing anyway.

I find it enables me to run the seat at my perfect height for tarmac climbing and smoother bridleway types of surfaces when onroute or on way home, then on a trail drop it an inch or so and then slam it for the decents..

You dont even think about it now.. its just second nature…

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Don’t want pre-sets as they’d be annoying as they are probably unlikely to suit everyone. My Reverb broke (all sorted under warranty by the lovely people at Fisher 😀 ) and I had to stick a conventional post in the for th last day & a half at C-Y-B. I really missed the Reverb and just to rub it in, caught my plums on the saddle twice 😳

Lets not forget as well the luxury that is dropping the post and sitting with your feet flat on the ground for mid ride banter!

chiefgrooveguru

I prefer to ride with my saddle slammed or full extension none of this pansying about in the middle ground

Hi GW! 😛 Make sure you tell all the World Cup DHers to stop pansying about next time you overtake them going down Fort Bill…

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Who Would like a hydraulic dropper post with preset stops?’ is closed to new replies.