Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 60 total)
  • Who will get to ride their bike over Christmas then?
  • plus-one

Yes every day as usual 🙂

rOcKeTdOg

Riding to my folks in the morning & then the pub 🙂

Kids? Too late for that mularky now

scotroutes

Remember that you may be breaking the law. The Holy Days and Fasting Act of 1551 has never been repealed, meaning that anyone who plays any sports in England on Christmas Day is breaking the law.

TiRed

If I can shake this cold, then a trip to Swinley with the teens and some road miles prior to another cross race.

Proper racing is a couple of weeks away now, so bike fettling anf rebuild is in order.

dknwhy

@scotroutes – what about using a bicycle as a mode of transport to go in a loop to look at some trees?

binners

Esme – I can bring my two around again if you like? 😀

Haze

Turbo, Christmas morning.

Nothing planned for Boxing Day, might squeeze a quick road spin if chance arises then Llandegla or turbo on Saturday.

Club ride Sunday.

scotroutes

dknwhy – Member

@scotroutes
    – what about using a bicycle as a mode of transport to go in a loop to look at some trees?

you might get away with it if you take a bow and a few arrows with you.

Xylene
    Free Member

Yes.

Get up on Christmas day early and get out.

Daughter is 3 1/2 so she won’t remember anyway

mindmap3
    Free Member

Out in a sec and am hoping to ride boxing day but may need to make do with a turbo session before a trip to the in laws.

orangeorange
    Free Member

Heading for Bikepark Wales on Boxing Day,it`ll be my first time there so getting pretty excited now 🙂
    First Xmas of being single after 27 (occasionally happy) years of constant relationships, so enjoying the freedom rather than sitting around drowning in seasonal negativity and pointless reminiscing !

benji
    Free Member

No kids, wouldn’t want to add more ugliness to the world.

Riding Christmas Day, quite fancy knocking the December issue of the Gran Fondo on the head on Strava, which will also be a good chunk towards the Festive 500

Merry Stravamas 🙂

MoreCashThanDash

Cookeaa appears to have married MrsMC’ identical twin sister. 🙄

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Just got in from a cold, windy, and dank 45miler on Cheshires’ finest pot holed back roads on the (d)Ribble.
    It’s pretty spank out there.
    Still, it’s all time in the saddle.

richpips
    Free Member

#festive500, though we are having tomorrow off.

Moses

Yes kids, but they’re grown up.
    I’ll ride home from the in-laws (30-40 miles?) on Boxing day so I can go to a friend’s birthday party at lunchtime.
    Then who knows?

FOG

I haven’t been out for a fortnight due to chest infection, all the symptoms seem to have gone but I feel utterly pathetic and have even been avoiding my Xmas alcohol ration. Hopefully I will be ok to get out at the weekend if Mrs Fog can’t think of anymore annoying Xmas duties for me.

joat

Riding on road to MiL’s tomorrow for Christmas, and might ride back Boxing Day. Not far directly but may find a few hills on the way. Am I right in thinking Eggnog is an ideal post-ride beverage? 🙂

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Yep.

Out most of today while the wife was at work, will be out tomorrow morning with her before we have the family stuff all afternoon.

Boxing day might be tough, but we’re planning on riding over the weekend too, and a few days next week 🙂

mindmap3
    Free Member

Glad I got out today…was a lovely day. But wet after the rain last night but clear blue sky made up for it. Everyone else who was out was very cheery and chatty which was nice.

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 60 total)

The topic ‘Who will get to ride their bike over Christmas then?’ is closed to new replies.